• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. I've been on the app most of the day, can't see as well.

Makes sense.

To be honest, it seems kind of silly to compliment each of her avatars. Can you think of a single one that wasn't outstanding?

Although I have to admit, I think my favorite avatar was of Princess Leia and Han Solo together after you "returned." What did she say? I think it was something like "It's all okay, now go get that Galaxy Nexus!"

It's going to suck when this thread locks and I have to go back to real life.

Thanks!
babyblues-albums-nexus-wait-2011-picture4774-a.png

Real life? We have other threads we can all play in together.

Upvote 0
Ok I just spent the last couple of hours playing with my new toy. Auto brightness needs to be turned off. Once that was turned off the screen really showed its beauty. I like the idea of folders makes my home screen much cleaner. Face unlock did not work when I put a baseball hat on after setting it without one. It did work when I put my wife's glasses on after I set it without glasses on. I noticed significant lag when applying live wallpaper, especially the microbe one. Smooth as silk with the default live wallpaper. Noticed some delay when quickly moving out of the app tray back to home screen. Also noticed that when typing messages online, like this one, the screen can jump around when trying to correct errors that are a few words or sentences back. Hopefully the OTA will fix these minor issues. Lastly, the screen and phone get rather warm/hot when using the phone for a long period, maybe the brightness being turned all the way up is contributing to the heat.

Upvote 0
To be honest, it seems kind of silly to compliment each of her avatars. Can you think of a single one that wasn't outstanding?

Although I have to admit, I think my favorite avatar was of Princess Leia and Han Solo together after you "returned." What did she say? I think it was something like "It's all okay, now go get that Galaxy Nexus!"

It's going to suck when this thread locks and I have to go back to real life.

Yep, the one where I came back was my favorite one for sure!

Reactions: CaptainRon
Upvote 0
Just so I have it in before the lock: :)

Its been fun hanging out in this thread, so many great people! My first "Epic" thread too, Im glad I found this place. :)

Its going to be different with this thread locked, thats for sure, but that means a new chapter of Android ownership :D

Thanks all posters, guides and mods for a great ride and I hope PT 2 is just as great! I hope we ALL enjoy this phone! I hope all this up and down roller coaster was well worth it.

Oh, and thanks all for putting up with my "humor" :D

Thanks!
-Allan

Upvote 0
Upon receiving 4 texts from my insiders at Verizon all saying, "IT'S OFFICIAL! WE LAUNCH TOMORROW!" and stopping by the corporate store with 3 employees telling me to come early because there WILL be a line, I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight. I am SO EXCITED.

Hmm, I was planning to show up at 8:30 for their 9:00 opening, but you think that'll be too late?!

Upvote 0
Happy Nexus Eve everyone!

I'd like your opinions on my situation. I will be purchasing two Galaxy Nexus's on my family plan. I have one $50 loyalty discount. I called my local verizon and told them "listen, the phones are each ten bucks off at costco and they give us a bag of accessories. I'm buying two 300 dollar phones with two two year contracts and two new data lines, what can you do for us" and the CSR said she could be flexible with the accessories.

How far can Verizon go with this freedom? I have no idea where to start my bargaining. Should I go in guns a blazing asking for two free car mounts? Even more? Should I just expect discounts? (which I do have - 25% off as per NJ state employee discount program)

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know if the Samsung Vehicle Dock with 3-pin connection is fully compatible with the Verizon's LTE Nexus? I ask because Verizon's version of the vehicle dock does not have the 3-pin connector....

See my full post here:
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus/461891-verzion-nexus-car-dock.html#post3650710

This is interesting and relevant to my desires to purchase a car dock, seconding this question

Reactions: theotherrogue
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones