• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
They say I'm eligible for "discounted pricing".....but if I wait til 12/29 I can get a "loyalty discount" as well.....so???? Still $600+??

Sorry to be so needy this evening. I'm really quite done in...

Discounted pricing means $299. If you wait till 12/29 you will get your new every two bonus, either $50 or $30 extra off. Also if you upgrade prior to 12/29 in the store you will have to pay a $20 early upgrade fee. So price before 12/29, $319. After $249.

Upvote 0
Saying goodbye for now...

I hope we all have a pleasant experience picking up our phones and I wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas.
Dude, you are the man. I don't post much on this forum but I did follow your exploits with the GN when you thought you had one. Extremely classy act, you should be proud of yourself. Best of luck to you too, and Merry Christmas to you and yours. See you on the flip side.

Reactions: ASC and Kengh
Upvote 0
Alright, my final post in this thread...

Today was my birthday. I turned 30. I found out that my a-hole former boss got fired today and the Galaxy Nexus was announced. What a great birthday! I'll see you all later on.

Last, but certainly not least, thank you to my old buddy Steven! You have come so far, my friend. You did a wonderful and extremely fair job of conducting this thread. Epic doesn't even do it justice. Thank you for all of your hours of hard work. Though I wasn't as active as I was in the Incredible thread, I was on here everyday keeping up with the thread. So...thank you.

Good night and congratulations everyone!

Upvote 0
General Verizon ???'s

1. I have a $50 corporate discount. Every CSR that I have spoke to has said "we don't discount phones"... yet, when I open up the link that I get through my work... there it is Rezound - $249, RAZR $249. So, apparently they do discount phones. The question is, can I apply this in the store? Will they let me open the link from my email and show them the price?

2. If I can't get the discount in the store, and order online, how does one activate the phone when you receive it? When does your number port over? Would I be without a phone while I wait on shipping?

3. Any way around the "activation" fee? For instance... if I can't get my $50 discount in a store, I'd do express overnight shipping for $15, so, total savings after tax would be around $40. Could I negotiate the activation fee off of the in-store CSR's tomorrow and tell them that I will buy from them if they waive that fee? So, the net difference would only be $5?

I am hopeful for my switch to Verizon. You all may feel like they do not treat you well, but, many people on here have some sort of discount applied to their account and won't pay full price. That's the way it should be. If you've been paying for their service, you should get the discounts. Hopefully in 2013 when we're all doing this again, I'll be getting a good deal as well.

1. Yes, I had the same (business discount), and they were able to look this up and see it at the verizon store.

2. As soon as the second phone is activated it should automatically take over. No downtime on the phone number.

3. when I got my rezound I didn't get an actiavtion fee, but I'm not 100% sure on this one.

Reactions: orlando bull
Upvote 0
I don't get off work until like 2:30 at the earliest tomorrow, so I was worried that I'd be waiting a few more days before I actually got mine. However, in a stroke of luck, I managed to get a authorized retailer by my house to hold me one until I got there. The guy there said they only had 4 phones, but I was just the second person to ask about getting one tomorrow. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, I originally stopped by a Radio Shack a few stores down from the Retailer place. The guy there told me that "earlier today, all retailers got an email putting a hold on selling the phone" I asked him if he knew VZW officially announced the release about an hour before I got there, and all he said was "maybe corporate stores are different". Oh well, the guy a few doors down was more than happy to have my business.

Upvote 0
You guys, I'm a little worried about being kicked out into mainstream society tomorrow... I've gotten too used to being "on the inside".

How will I be able to act like a normal person now?

I was thinking the same thing.

:)
Normal is boring, as you have both proven.

Upvote 0
I salute you all, its been great knowin ya folks.
salute.gif

Upvote 0
I really hope this doesn't happen to me.. Talked to 2 people earlier the second person said I was eligible and said they would "note on it" for when I get my new phone.. I have a feeling when I go in there tomorrow it wont be on there :(

I posted few pages back:ARRG!
I heard the Gnex was going to be released tomorrow...YAY!! So I went to vzw corporate store and had them check my acct for $100 promo. There was a note from CSR stating that I was eligible, though they had not heard of it. They tried to process another 4G phone through as an upgrade to see what would happen. They're computer said I wasn't "tagged", meaning not eligible for that upgrade, despite note from CSR. The manager read from the screen and it said something to the effect of " CSR shall not overwrite promotions and add to account that aren't automatically eligible". I think the CSR I had talked to that said I was eligible for promo made a mistake....a $100 mistake. I very nicely went back and forth with manager and salesman, but in the end there was no way I was getting the promo. Thought you all should be given a heads up for when you go to order and discount is not available. Its bittersweet, happy yet pissed. BTW: all batteries are 1/2 off till Dec 31st. Gnex extended battery is $25. I don't know if any of this has been mentioned, just got home.

sorry for quoting myself/ double posting

Upvote 0
alright, my final post in this thread...

Today was my birthday. I turned 30. I found out that my a-hole former boss got fired today and the galaxy nexus was announced. What a great birthday! I'll see you all later on.

Last, but certainly not least, thank you to my old buddy steven! you have come so far, my friend. You did a wonderful and extremely fair job of conducting this thread. Epic doesn't even do it justice. Thank you for all of your hours of hard work. Though i wasn't as active as i was in the incredible thread, i was on here everyday keeping up with the thread. So...thank you.

Good night and congratulations everyone!

happy birthday!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Well folks, it's been a real ride. In case I'm too enamored tomorrow with my new phone to make a goodbye post before the thread closes, I thought I'd toss in my regards. I won't bother doing a shout-out of names, but I'll just say thanks for driving me crazy and giving me reasons to continue F5'ing. Figures the blasted phone would launch the day after I finish with the semester (could have been a lot more productive when it counted...).

Anywho, thanks again everyone, enjoy your phones! Han, every time I think of you in your lawyer office, I think of someone that actually looks like Harrison Ford, with a blaster at his side ;) (Or a Swedish looking lad who goes by Olo...)

Upvote 0
I wanted to see how it works at LetsTalk and try the coupon code ($75VZN). I started the process for a RAZR and also tried with a Rezound. It turns out I don't get the $250 price (minus $75 with the coupon) unless I sign up for a Voice plan that is $20 more per month than I pay now! This is not the $30/mo data plan. That's separate.
So I don't think I'll go for LetsTalk. Too expensive over the long run for me.:(
I'm sticking with the corp store.

Reactions: theotherrogue
Upvote 0
Well folks, it's been a real ride. In case I'm too enamored tomorrow with my new phone to make a goodbye post before the thread closes, I thought I'd toss in my regards. I won't bother doing a shout-out of names, but I'll just say thanks for driving me crazy and giving me reasons to continue F5'ing. Figures the blasted phone would launch the day after I finish with the semester (could have been a lot more productive when it counted...).

Anywho, thanks again everyone, enjoy your phones! Han, every time I think of you in your lawyer office, I think of someone that actually looks like Harrison Ford, with a blaster at his side ;)

Now that you mention it, I've always seen Han as Han as well. :)

Upvote 0
Cross-posting from another thread:

I'd really like to try these steps out, as I want to take every precaution to calibrate my battery for the longest possible life. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the phone turn on and try to boot up when plugged in? At least, this was the case with my OG Droid. Forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Thanks SO MUCH fo reposting keatre's battery directions. That was going to be my next question! Great advise.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones