1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. bp08

bp08 Newbie

I really hope this doesn't happen to me.. Talked to 2 people earlier the second person said I was eligible and said they would "note on it" for when I get my new phone.. I have a feeling when I go in there tomorrow it wont be on there :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Discounted pricing means $299. If you wait till 12/29 you will get your new every two bonus, either $50 or $30 extra off. Also if you upgrade prior to 12/29 in the store you will have to pay a $20 early upgrade fee. So price before 12/29, $319. After $249.

3. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

Dude, you are the man. I don't post much on this forum but I did follow your exploits with the GN when you thought you had one. Extremely classy act, you should be proud of yourself. Best of luck to you too, and Merry Christmas to you and yours. See you on the flip side.

ASC and Kengh like this.
  4. OldSmoky

OldSmoky Member

If I buy through Costco:

1. Anyone know what the Bonus Pack will include on this phone?
    2. Will I retain my corporate discount?
    3. Will I still be eligible for an upgrade after 20 months?

5. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

going home from work now. will turn in early so as to get the phone early. :D

6. Nashdroid

Nashdroid Android Expert

Alright, my final post in this thread...

Today was my birthday. I turned 30. I found out that my a-hole former boss got fired today and the Galaxy Nexus was announced. What a great birthday! I'll see you all later on.

Last, but certainly not least, thank you to my old buddy Steven! You have come so far, my friend. You did a wonderful and extremely fair job of conducting this thread. Epic doesn't even do it justice. Thank you for all of your hours of hard work. Though I wasn't as active as I was in the Incredible thread, I was on here everyday keeping up with the thread. So...thank you.

Good night and congratulations everyone!

RichSz, OfTheDamned, F150FAN and 15 others like this.
  7. DPiddy

DPiddy Well-Known Member

8. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

1. Yes, I had the same (business discount), and they were able to look this up and see it at the verizon store.

2. As soon as the second phone is activated it should automatically take over. No downtime on the phone number.

3. when I got my rezound I didn't get an actiavtion fee, but I'm not 100% sure on this one.

orlando bull likes this.
  9. bpizzle1

bpizzle1 Lurker

I don't get off work until like 2:30 at the earliest tomorrow, so I was worried that I'd be waiting a few more days before I actually got mine. However, in a stroke of luck, I managed to get a authorized retailer by my house to hold me one until I got there. The guy there said they only had 4 phones, but I was just the second person to ask about getting one tomorrow. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, I originally stopped by a Radio Shack a few stores down from the Retailer place. The guy there told me that "earlier today, all retailers got an email putting a hold on selling the phone" I asked him if he knew VZW officially announced the release about an hour before I got there, and all he said was "maybe corporate stores are different". Oh well, the guy a few doors down was more than happy to have my business.

10. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Android Expert

:)
    Normal is boring, as you have both proven.

EarlyMon and BabyBlues like this.
  11. nyg010

nyg010 Android Enthusiast

I salute you all, its been great knowin ya folks.
    [​IMG]

RichSz, OfTheDamned, F150FAN and 22 others like this.
  12. atrayn22

atrayn22 Well-Known Member

Can't we just all agree to meet again on the "Official Galaxy Nexus Release thread"...at least for a few months?

13. wahoo95

wahoo95 Newbie

I posted few pages back:ARRG!
    I heard the Gnex was going to be released tomorrow...YAY!! So I went to vzw corporate store and had them check my acct for $100 promo. There was a note from CSR stating that I was eligible, though they had not heard of it. They tried to process another 4G phone through as an upgrade to see what would happen. They're computer said I wasn't "tagged", meaning not eligible for that upgrade, despite note from CSR. The manager read from the screen and it said something to the effect of " CSR shall not overwrite promotions and add to account that aren't automatically eligible". I think the CSR I had talked to that said I was eligible for promo made a mistake....a $100 mistake. I very nicely went back and forth with manager and salesman, but in the end there was no way I was getting the promo. Thought you all should be given a heads up for when you go to order and discount is not available. Its bittersweet, happy yet pissed. BTW: all batteries are 1/2 off till Dec 31st. Gnex extended battery is $25. I don't know if any of this has been mentioned, just got home.

sorry for quoting myself/ double posting

theotherrogue, bp08 and CinLou like this.
  14. m1scr3ant

m1scr3ant Well-Known Member

OK guys, I have to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here in this thread.

I look forward to spending time among you after this thread closes. Thank you for making this wait bearable!

BlueBiker, ASC, EarlyMon and 5 others like this.
  15. krcossin

krcossin Newbie

Sweet Nexus dreams all!

16. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

ASC, EarlyMon, CaptainRon and 3 others like this.
  17. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

happy birthday!!!!!!!!

18. Travillion

Travillion Well-Known Member

Well folks, it's been a real ride. In case I'm too enamored tomorrow with my new phone to make a goodbye post before the thread closes, I thought I'd toss in my regards. I won't bother doing a shout-out of names, but I'll just say thanks for driving me crazy and giving me reasons to continue F5'ing. Figures the blasted phone would launch the day after I finish with the semester (could have been a lot more productive when it counted...).

Anywho, thanks again everyone, enjoy your phones! Han, every time I think of you in your lawyer office, I think of someone that actually looks like Harrison Ford, with a blaster at his side ;) (Or a Swedish looking lad who goes by Olo...)

RichSz, OfTheDamned, F150FAN and 12 others like this.
  19. Xigalu

Xigalu Newbie

I wanted to see how it works at LetsTalk and try the coupon code ($75VZN). I started the process for a RAZR and also tried with a Rezound. It turns out I don't get the $250 price (minus $75 with the coupon) unless I sign up for a Voice plan that is $20 more per month than I pay now! This is not the $30/mo data plan. That's separate.
    So I don't think I'll go for LetsTalk. Too expensive over the long run for me.:(
    I'm sticking with the corp store.

theotherrogue likes this.
  20. bp08

bp08 Newbie

Well I can't study for my Finance final anymore.. I keep thinking about the Nexus that I'll have 12 hours from now :)

21. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Ah, Pam.

She's number one on my wife-approved Beam List.

Sigh.

Edit: dude! Fail!

nyg010 likes this.
  22. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

Nice thread, would have been good to see this reach 100,000 post but I think we all can agree it will be better to have the device released now. :)

23. Garrett97

Garrett97 Lurker

Until everyone has a "Sent from my Galaxy Nexus" tag!;)

24. sweatyBeef

sweatyBeef Well-Known Member

BlueBiker, Mooem, EarlyMon and 7 others like this.
  25. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

Now that you mention it, I've always seen Han as Han as well. :)

Travillion and EarlyMon like this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews