1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. taichicali

taichicali Lurker

Does anyone know if we can order the phone online tonight? I thought I read somewhere that we could starting at 1AM Eastern time...If we can, would the phones be delivered overnight? Or by Saturday?

Advertisement

2. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Android Expert

wahoo95 likes this.
  3. ruestor

ruestor Member

First of all, Steven, I don't believe for one second that you are done writing your closing thoughts. I think you asked us all to post in an effort to take a line from each of us and make them your own. You must think we fell off the GNex truck yesterday. (LOL)

Nonetheless, I feel saying a few words at this time would be appropiate and most likely redundant. Most of us will be posting along the same lines. I was a lurker for the Incredible thread (not being much of a joiner). I found it to be quite a ride. When I first decided I NEEDED to have the Nexus I went looking for a forum to "lurk" again. Only this time, I found myself feeling like I belonged and I "came out" as it were. I credit a lot of the family feel to you and the other mods. I have a sense of pride knowing I have been but a small part of THE thread of our time. This one is EPIC in proportion. While I'd like to think there will be another one in about two years, I'm pretty sure the Nexus will be VERY hard to top. This has been one heck of a ride. I wanted to personally thank you for your time and dedication to this thread. Dude, you saved us from becoming dysfunctional on more than one occasion. So take this with all the love that is behind it: THANK YOU!

To the other mods, Thank you also for keeping us on the somewhat strait and hardly narrow path. Your flexibility allowed the family to grow within itself; to take on its own very unique persona. To the many posters, both seniors & new members, thank you for your contributions, fact finding and for sharing tidbits of your own lives with the rest of us.
    Finally my wish for all of you is to always remember what we have shared here. This was more than a common interest in a phone or an addiction to a fabulous Galaxy Nexus thread..This, my friends, was family.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Ditto!

Rybnik and BabyBlues like this.
  5. guyinmass

guyinmass Newbie

Called my store in Metrowest Massachusetts and they will also have stock - "a good amount", I was told

6. m1scr3ant

m1scr3ant Well-Known Member

I've already warned my job that I WILL be late. They understand. haha

7. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Android Expert

8. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert

Nexus will start selling at stores tomorrow morning, not today.

Steven is shutting down the thread 12:30pm est (that's afternoon for those who mix up am/pm for 12 o'clock).

9. Gandalf7

Gandalf7 Well-Known Member

What a time the last two months have been! I can hardly believe how much time I have put in here, looking for news, hoping the Nexus was almost here, and gathering tips along the way. The day has arrived. Finally! As I wind up, I would like to express my thanks—

To every member who has contributed tips, for jump-starting my smartphone and Android knowledge. As this will be my first (personal) smartphone, I am happy to have some basic tips to get me started.

To TeddyEarp, whose admonitions and pointers led me to other sources of information that helped explain the delays and whet my appetite for more investigation. I wish I had more time available to follow up—hopefully next year!

To Steven's sources, especially The Source, for key information at several points. I was glad to learn more about the phone.

To Han and Cheetara, for status updates at many points that we were getting so little status information elsewhere. Many times these updates came at what I felt to be critical times. Thanks to Cheetara for providing them continually over a long period, Han for posing the questions and bringing us the answers, and Princess Leia for patience along the way.

To EarlyMon and OTD, for expert moderator assistance, as well as providing significant information of your own.

To Steven, for starting and maintaining the most stupendous thread ever.

Best wishes to all. See you around the site.

RichSz, OfTheDamned, F150FAN and 15 others like this.
  10. juicehead9

juicehead9 Newbie

Oh snap.. i may have ninja'd

11. Ed5275

Ed5275 Well-Known Member

HEY! WE'RE ALL GONNA GET LAID!!

Oh wait...no we won't...we all hang out in here.

12. ebe3692

ebe3692 Well-Known Member

From most of the CSRs we have heard from they were told to start sales tomorrow. Even if Verizon had meant to start sales today - we know that communication with CSRs is so bad, they probably wouldnt have known that anyways so its a moot point.

scottg96 likes this.
  13. 49er

49er Well-Known Member

No, it will be available at 9 or when stores open.

VTHockey11 likes this.
  14. AndroidsOfTara

AndroidsOfTara Android Enthusiast

I can't get out of work tomorrow and won't be able to get to any sort of store until around 4PM. Nobody will hold a device for me, so I want to order online at 1AM EST and hope they offer overnight shipping for Friday delivery.

I try the VZW online chat and attempt to get an answer. The online CSRs are STILL in the dark about this.

For your amusement (CSR name changed to CHATBOT):

15. ebe3692

ebe3692 Well-Known Member

I heard that they will publish the press release before the end of the year. They are not giving an exact date for it but there are a lot of rumors that it will be sent out in the next few days but obviously the rumors pointing to today were wrong. I have seen a few leaked emails regarding when the press release will come out but nothing confirmed.
    If you want to keep track, I am going to start a press statement pre-release thread. It is going to be EPIC.

jruther2 and EarlyMon like this.
  16. ruestor

ruestor Member

Post farewell when your homework and studying is done. LOL Actually, Steven said now would be good. Time is running short, you know.

EarlyMon and scottg96 like this.
  17. 1Time

1Time Member

I've been here for 2 weeks but it feels like 2 years. I've got to say this is one warm community, thanks for the advice, the laughs, and the crazies. May you all enjoy a Nexus Holiday! Into a New Year where we enter the quadcore processors which by then I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing everyone again after lurking for a little while first. Thanks mods and thanks android fans out there. Shoop da Woop * 9000 "Ima firing my NEXUS" (Whoop)

18. AppsRUs

AppsRUs Well-Known Member

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ IF YOU PLANNED ON ADDING THE PHONE TO YOUR BILL:

It cannot be done. I spoke with a CSR on the phone 15 minutes ago, and she said the phone is not eligible to be added onto a bill. I just received a text from one of my insiders who said the same thing. Fortunately, I have the money (will be scraping together pennies; but its worth it). I just wanted to put this out there in case some of you were planning on walking in, adding it to your bill, and leaving. According to the two people I spoke to, it does not look feasible. I'm glad that I asked. I would have been pissed.

EarlyMon, ajdroidx, BabyBlues and 2 others like this.
  19. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

20. VTHockey11

VTHockey11 Member

Thanks man! 9 AM in DC it is!

21. artnsx

artnsx Well-Known Member

Where is it mentioned that accessories are 50% off? I want an extended battery and while I won't cough up 50 dollars for one, I think I can swing 25 bucks.

22. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Android Expert

LOL. I'm impressed I was that close in remembering what Leia "said" in your avatar. That tells you what an impression it made on me, I normally have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast.

I am looking forward to playing with you in other threads. (Can I say that in a family forum? Especially since you're about to be cyber-married?)

drbugsmn, Rybnik, clipperqb and 4 others like this.
  23. vespadaddy

vespadaddy Well-Known Member

I called LetsTalk, and the CSR said I could keep my unlimited data, but it would cost me an extra $50 per phone. Still cheaper than buying direct through VZW. ETF fees don't skerr me none, as I don't plan to leave VZW...

24. m1scr3ant

m1scr3ant Well-Known Member

SOOOO...

Who wants to do some epic hangouts on Google+? I don't have any friends that have Google+/will have it on their phones.

Anyone?

drbugsmn, VJKotts, Steven58 and 7 others like this.
  25. denzelwash

denzelwash Newbie

Just call in with anal glaucoma... tell them you don't see your ass coming in tomorrow.

Rybnik, Steven58, esmith818 and 5 others like this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: