• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seminary and Law School? trading the devil for god I see

//father is a rabbi :)
Ha! Yes, the combination is unusual. Not quite a trade, at least for now, as I am continuing to practice law. But there is quite a bit that is unsavory about far too many lawyers. :( Since your father is a rabbi, I will mention Isaiah 59:4. Though written long ago, it fits (too) much that goes on today.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Goodnight everyone.

I will miss checking this thread before bed every night.

I will be at the retail store down the street at 10AM.

Owner is great there. I would even call him a good friend for being truthful to me about this whole mess.

Love you guys and thanks for everything. Cya tomorrow before we lock it up and throw away the key forever.

Upvote 0
LOL I think i have you beat... i was using the BB Storm 9530 until it croaked 2 months ago and now im back to a Samsung Omnia... until 9am tomorrow that is.

device_screen.jpg
I think I have you beat, I'm still on a screwed up LG Env Touch

Reactions: zogster
Upvote 0
Ok guys can you tell me again why your picking the nexus over the rezound, and the razr? I want to be certain the nexus is the phone for me, and these comparison charts just arent cutting it.

Hrm...NO FREAKING BLOAT.

Runs SMOOTH AS BUTTER.

IT'S NOT A MOTOROLA PRODUCT.

Giant, beautiful screen. To me, it outdoes the Rezound EASILY.

Feels really, really good in the hand. Razr/rezound feel clunky.

Need anymore?

Upvote 0
i've not been an extremely active poster, but I wanted to say my farewell as well.

I was part of the "not so epic" Droid X thread... ( and part of the incredible... but I jumped ship to the DX quickly) I have felt so many emotions as part of this thread that is has been almost numbing at times!

Tried to contribute tidbits when I could... nothing to earth shattering... but I must admit.. it has been GREAT FUN to blow the mind of my CSR rep when I tell him something before he knows it himself.. and he "calls" himself a Nexie fan. (obviously never found this forum) I wouldn't have been able to have that much fun without you guys filling me in. I hope the outflowing of knowledge continues as we explore our devices and take things to the next level. I am going to need some hand holding through the rooting process. Hope you guys are there to help me!

Upvote 0
I remember way back in the day when this forum started as the Samsung Stratosphere I believe, or maybe it was something different. Wow how this has morphed into an incredible amazing journey. While this thread will be missed, the people who were involved in making it epic will not!!!!!

Galaxy Nexus. The GNex. I like it. And I will own it. See y'all on the otherside of this thread!!!!

Upvote 0
Ok guys can you tell me again why your picking the nexus over the rezound, and the razr? I want to be certain the nexus is the phone for me, and these comparison charts just arent cutting it.

The nexus is a developer phone

If you don't know what a locked / encryped bootloader is, what rooting is, don't mind the bloatware, then the Razr and Rezound are great phones. If you are not going to tinker with the phones Operating system, then the other two phones will work just as well for you :)

Upvote 0
Also, a question. So the account is based in Ohio, but I live across the country from my parents in Cali. Cheaper to stay on the family plan with grandfathered unlimited data. Regardless, my dad is going to stop in at a store tomorrow when he's out of work, renew their contract, and upgrade my line to a GN. I'm guessing they won't let him walk out of the store with an unactivated phone. I can't have this, though, because then I'll be phoneless for at least the weekend. They could ship to my work/apartment, but I don't know if they'll leave it at my apartment when I'm not there (signature required?), and my work has already lost some of my mail. My hope is that he can put the money down for the phone and have a Verizon store local to me put a phone aside. Does anybody know if Verizon could/would do such a thing?

This might work for you:

I'm going to a non-corporate verizon store tomorrow to pick up phones for myself and my son. I'm activating mine in-store. I will take his unactivated and ship it to him (in another state). I have to pay them full price, but when he gets it the next day, he calls the store (not Verizon) to activate it and they will credit me the difference from what it would have cost if he activated it there. Also, they were great about getting me the NE2 which technically wasn't due till the 29th. I've dealt with them before and they are very helpful.

Upvote 0
I am kind of sad that I wont be getting the Nexus with the rest of you guys tomorrow, but luckily I already have one. This thread has seriously been epic, I was just trying to explain this to my wife about how awesome this is, and she looked at me like I was a nerd. Maybe I am?

To the mods, early, steven, and OTD, you guys and girl are great and all the other great mods here. I have never heard of a community buying a mod a phone, that is how everyone thinks of you guys.

To my fellow guides, you guys have been great, there are some good stickies in the all things root section, great job trophy, scary alien, and the rest of you guys.

To all the users that have been here, it has been a pleasure, everyone has been great. It would definitely have been frustraiting to keep dealing with all the leaks and then push backs, but you guys have taken it with stride and kept my entertained this entire time.

Thanks

P.S. Am I the only one who still loves that orange back on the Incredible?

Upvote 0

Great question. I was on the Rezound fence once but here's what got me:

1. ICS, ICS, ICS. Yeah eventually (lord knows when REALLY) others will get it, but their hardware ins't designed for it. They still have physical buttons.

2. Screen size.

3. 1st with future software updates.

4. Developer support for "Romming"

5. Feel in hand/or when making a call vs. other two.

Upvote 0
Ok. Seriously, starting to get really excited now! Just watched my first unboxing, I'd been holding out till now. So excited!
Even though I'm going to miss you all so much - Everyone who has PM'd be lately with all the puppy support will be getting info to add me to G+ circles for sure :)

Edit: Oh and if anyone else would like to add me on G+ just send me a PM :)

Upvote 0
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ IF YOU PLANNED ON ADDING THE PHONE TO YOUR BILL:

It cannot be done. I spoke with a CSR on the phone 15 minutes ago, and she said the phone is not eligible to be added onto a bill. I just received a text from one of my insiders who said the same thing. Fortunately, I have the money (will be scraping together pennies; but its worth it). I just wanted to put this out there in case some of you were planning on walking in, adding it to your bill, and leaving. According to the two people I spoke to, it does not look feasible. I'm glad that I asked. I would have been pissed.

Not true( I hope) , depends on your account status/past payment history. talked to vzw few hours ago, and it was no problem.

Reactions: Tytan
Upvote 0
i've not been an extremely active poster, but I wanted to say my farewell as well.

I was part of the "not so epic" Droid X thread... ( and part of the incredible... but I jumped ship to the DX quickly) I have felt so many emotions as part of this thread that is has been almost numbing at times!

Tried to contribute tidbits when I could... nothing to earth shattering... but I must admit.. it has been GREAT FUN to blow the mind of my CSR rep when I tell him something before he knows it himself.. and he "calls" himself a Nexie fan. (obviously never found this forum) I wouldn't have been able to have that much fun without you guys filling me in. I hope the outflowing of knowledge continues as we explore our devices and take things to the next level. I am going to need some hand holding through the rooting process. Hope you guys are there to help me!

We'll be *root*-ing for ya. We'll hold your hand the whole way!

Upvote 0
I think I have you beat, I'm still on a screwed up LG Env Touch

That makes two of us! I have been waiting on the Nexus hoping my crappy Env Touch would last. The touch screen went out probably 6 months ago, and then it got caught between my seat and center console in the car and when I got it out the screen was busted, so for about 6-8 weeks I have only been able to flip it open to see who's calling me or do anything for that matter.

Upvote 0
:DWe made it! Can't wait to hold my new phone tomorrow! My hubby is going to get it for me since his schedule is more flexible than mine! He is due for an upgrade in January...he is actually talking about seeing if he can talk them into an early upgrade and to honor the $100 on his line, too! He just might come home with TWO Nexus!:cool:
Thanks to everyone for making this wait so fun! I've never been so excited about a piece of technology! Enjoy your new babies! ;)
Merry CHRISTmas!!!

Upvote 0
Nexus can be fully unlocked (easily) to completely change software, radios, kernels, etc.

That's the biggest draw to the Nexus.

The hardware between the Rezound, Razr and Nexus are pretty close.

Rezound and Nexus have 720p screens (Razr is 540p). Nexus screen is 4.7, while others are 4.3.
Processor wise, all are about equal. Edge goes to Nexus for GPU.
Battery wise, I think the Rezound may have the edge.
Rezound and Razr have removable storage, Nexus doesn't :(.
Razr has a fixed battery.

For me, I rank them:
1. Galaxy Nexus
28. HTC Rezound
82. Motorola RAZR

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones