1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Reborn58

Reborn58 Android Enthusiast

Really??? Wtf...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kenahng

Kenahng Well-Known Member

35 minutes till pre-order:D not pre-ordering but still very excited:D

3. scottg96

scottg96 Android Expert

Two things:

1. We should make an AF Mega-Thread G+ Circle for us to test out hangouts on our new Nexi!
    and 2. I think whoever developed the Phandroid app should give it an extreme ICS overhaul, to celebrate :D

drbugsmn, salizai01, Puchkey and 3 others like this.
  4. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Op updated with new stuffs :) finally, right? ;)

5. vandyman

vandyman Android Expert

Good night,
    No pre-order party for me tonight. I went to work sick today and I need to hit the hay. My VZW corp store opens at 8:00am est, So I will report when I get back from there.:)

Have fun,
    Bob V.

Tytan likes this.
  6. scottg96

scottg96 Android Expert

Fascinate? That was the original Galaxy S.

7. scottg96

scottg96 Android Expert

Nope, an hour and 35 minutes ;)

SPLover likes this.
  8. artnsx

artnsx Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks. Did you see any car mounts while you were there? Will telesales give the same deal in case I can't find these things in store?

9. its at 1 am est not midnight

10. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

11. Kenahng

Kenahng Well-Known Member

I always get these stupid time zones mixed up:c
    EDIT
    100th post! Woot! Too bad it had to be a negative oneD:

Steven58 likes this.
  12. sweatyBeef

sweatyBeef Well-Known Member

did u have to say anything about the sale or it just rang up with the discount?

13. wahoo95

wahoo95 Newbie

Played wit Gnex today screen was gorgeous! But, honestly it looked the same as galaxy and galaxy sII. I know I'm getting older, and have never worn contacts or glasses.....Maybe I'll make an eye appt on Friday. Thanks fellow Gnexicans for your insight and wisdom. This thread has been a blast. I'm sure we will all enjoy our phones ( for a few months at least). I truly have enjoyed my time here.. Thank you all!

BlueBiker likes this.
  14. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I'm handbraking a couple of episodes of Boardwalk Empire to test Darth Victorius with when I get home!

I'm so excited!

On a side note, I received a death threat from a guy I put away a couple years ago, who is now out. The police are actually involved and everything, isn't that crazy?

I hope I don't get shot tomorrow at Verizon.

:(

drbugsmn, Tytan, Rybnik and 2 others like this.
  15. m1scr3ant

m1scr3ant Well-Known Member

Come one, come all.

16. DrexelDragon

DrexelDragon Android Enthusiast

Must. Stay. Awake! I know its coming, but I wanna see our Gnex on Verizon's page :)

17. zogster

zogster Newbie

*611, dial zero when their automated system pops up, say "promotions" when they ask to say what you are calling about. Tell the CSR you are inquiring about the 3G to 4G $100 promotion.

Good luck.

Ed5275 likes this.
  18. Hellboy

Hellboy Newbie

Bye bye OG you are beaten, abused, cracked and broken... Great thread and I will join you all tomorrow with my new GNex... anybody know when I can order online @ VW.com?

Thanks to the OP and the forum!!

hellboy

BlueBiker and jbdan like this.
  19. m1scr3ant

m1scr3ant Well-Known Member

Don't think anything of it. If you need protection, all it will cost you is the price of my new phone...and an extended battery!

20. artnsx

artnsx Well-Known Member

So when the phone shows up tonight at 1 am, I wonder if all the accessories will all show up along with it at 50% off

21. tomato88

tomato88 Android Enthusiast

I can't believe this thread will be closed in an hour. I'm relieved that the phone is finally being released, but I kind of hoped to see this thread reaching 100,000 posts. :p

22. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Android Expert

87000 get? :D

EDIT: Gah, so close...

scottg96 likes this.
  23. flyers

flyers Lurker

Just want to say Thank You to all of the mods. A cool place to hang out. Don't post as much as some, but kids sometimes get in the way lol. Anyway glad to have been in here and look forward to another great 2 years with my Nexus! Also a big thank you to all who contributed with news and inside intel. Kept me sane for the last 4 or 5 months.

Now as JayZ states: On To The Nex One!

BlueBiker, Rybnik, bi0nicman and 5 others like this.
  24. escobar0o3

escobar0o3 Member

this was such an epic thread -- it was fun to talk to everyone.

but where do we go from here? lol

who has google+? no one i know will have this phone and i don't really use google+ in the 1st place!
    how do you even add people? lol

BlueBiker and jbdan like this.
  25. scottg96

scottg96 Android Expert

Honestly, I'll have to say I'm glad I wasn't teased by playing with the phone early in a store. It will give me a totally fresh experience :)

I am SO unbelievably pumped for tomorrow. I've been asking my little good luck Android figurine (see avatar) for a surprise from Verizon for the past few weeks and finally he heard my wishes! Thanks little dude :p

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews