1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Atleast get some time with your phone first!

;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Who knows. Maybe after they sell more than any other carrier could have they might just see the light :)

3. sweatyBeef

sweatyBeef Well-Known Member

what format does the GNex recognize??

4. psupride7

psupride7 Newbie

so why can't we bill to account? Has this been confirmed?

5. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

Me too. You've had enough grief these last few months thanks to Verizon. That would be the ultimate irony to be shot in their store getting your Gnex. Of course we would all hate for you to get shot anywhere. Hope it was an empty threat.:eek:

6. artnsx

artnsx Well-Known Member

Its gonna be closed tomorrow at 1230 PM, not tonight after midnight

EarlyMon and tomato88 like this.
  7. CinLou

CinLou Well-Known Member

I'm hoping those 10 cent apps are still on tomorrow!

8. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

What's this you speak of? There's a sale on the Ext. Battery? Accessories?

Also, does anyone know if the car dock is available yet?

scottg96 likes this.
  9. zedster

zedster Android Enthusiast

I think your safe, in my world Han always shoots first

10. tomato88

tomato88 Android Enthusiast

Oh, good to know. Let's have fun until then! :D

Rybnik and jbdan like this.
  11. esmith818

esmith818 Android Enthusiast

Why can't I post??

Hmm..

Kenahng and jbdan like this.
  12. Grandmadroid

Grandmadroid Android Enthusiast

Time for me to say good bye and good night, kids. Two years ago when I stumbled across the Incredible forum, I learned so much. Many of you were there and were so patient with me and my "old lady" questions. My goodness, what a tremendous group of people....
    When I found myself ready for my upgrade, on a whim I checked back here and recognized Steven first...and then many other names. I wasn't involved as much this time...too much "life" going on, but again, you have made me feel welcome,...never stupid.....and just the nicest group of young people to chat with.
    I don't know if this will be my last smart phone....it's getting harder for me to follow, but I am going to check in once in a while because I so enjoy the banter.
    Merry Christmas to you all,.....and thank you. Gramma

13. hgray

hgray Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in the forum who entertained, moderated, administrated, informed, reminded, shared and consumed.

It has been a fun ride, but it's time to go and enjoy our new toy.

I'm sure I'll be bouncing around in the forums from time to time, but if our paths should not cross before then... I'll see you for our next upgrade! ;)

14. ajoudi84

ajoudi84 Member

Just curious, what settings did you choose? tia

15. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Android Expert

1) Let me know what settings you use :)

2) I hope you don't get shot either, too bad you don't have the force. Then maybe you could learn to deflect bullets. Maybe Steven can protect you!

16. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

mp4 is the easiest for all devices, that's what I'm encoding them to.

sweatyBeef likes this.
  17. woodraskam

woodraskam Android Expert

You guys do know this closes tomorrow at Noon Thirty Eastern, Right?

EarlyMon likes this.
  18. CinLou

CinLou Well-Known Member

that would be nice!!

19. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

It will be trial and error. I'll let you know tomorrow. But for now I'm using the ipad settings to see what it looks like.

IndecisiveElle likes this.
  20. Rybnik

Rybnik Android Enthusiast

Thats hot!
    YES!!!!!!
    That's really hot!!
    I love that commercial, lol:p
    No way! As a vampire, you'll get to see the next 10-20 iterations of the Nexus line, before it actually becomes a sentient robot, and human's (or vampire's) achieve intersteller travel, and intergalactic colonization. These things are way cooler than having "a pulse":cool:

And you were part of it!
    I do, I do!!:D
    Thank you so much. You too!!:)

I'm still pinching myself every few minutes:)

That ain't gonna happen here, friends for life!
    Yeah, and I can finally laugh about how that was 2 frakking months ago, grrrhh!!:D
    That is a beautiful post, I wish we had a teary-eyed emoticon, cause that's how I feel, not sad, Happy, but its that bitter-sweet happy!
    I've never gotten teary over an internet post, but this is a really special thread in a very special forum, and your comment is just perfect!
    I saw this when it was posted earlier, and the additions make it all the funnier!!:p
    Next ride: Summer 2013!

I'm sorry I have never got to respond personally to any of your posts, so I'm trying to make up for that now. I am really sorry for your recent loss, but I'm happy you told us all about it and came back for end of a crazy thread! I hope the various funny and inciteful posts of yours I have thanked over the course of my short time here show my appreciation for what you contribute here!
    Ha, ha, yeah its been awesome! My first epic thread too!
    Although I'm not a programmer, many of my friends are hardcore CS nerds, so that section where everyone started to post in binary for a while was hilarious! And then, the query for whether your last name was II..ROFLROFL!! Thanks for the fun and see ya at BB's Thread!
    What's "the real world" I thought that was an old show on MTV?
    All good things must come to an end. (But then, they are often replaced by better things):D
    SamMax, beautiful post! And I want to mention that that was a very selfless thing, what you did returning your G-Nex when no one else even had one. That speaks volumes to your character and I wish you the best in life, you clearly deserve it!
    Short and sweet! Right on!

Happy 30th!!! What better birthday news to hear, than Verizon finally acknowledging your phone for release!

We loved your contributions! They made the thread bearable for those times I felt like turning myself into Bloody Keyboard Guy. Thanks so much for all the LOLs and ROFLS and LMFAO's! :D
    It is a fantastic community, and it has been a pleasure to read and thank your posts! Thanks for your contributions!
    Good luck on completing your PH.D in Clarinet and in getting a great job post graduation!!
    It was a pleasure to dole them out!!
    Hey Scott, 12:30PM tomorrow, better get it in soon!
    Same to you! It is so cool that this thread is not just confined to the region that the LTE GN will be, and someday I hope to visit the land down under! Cheers!
    Thanks Altimax! We all love you too. :D
    Sorry, we tried to stay on topic, but really you gotta blaim Verizon, they are the ones who forced us to go off topic (bombardment with RazR and ReZoundT commercials during football):p

Ohhh, US comercials for GN?? Rock on!!

Yes, about that....I think we are waiting on Steven at this point. The sun is down so OTD is safe and BB and I are ready, we're just waiting.... Huh. This feels strangely familiar, waiting for something important. Come on Mr Officiator!!!! don't pull a Verizon:D:D:D

21. CinLou

CinLou Well-Known Member

You call that a "side note"???? yeah.....I would say that's really crazy! Take care!!!

EarlyMon likes this.
  22. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Well gang, it appears we've reached the end. Hopefully tomorrow will involve nexus getting and rooting so i dont want to miss saying farewell to the most epic speculation thread in the history of the interweb. I am typing this from my Droid incredible too just because she deserves the honor.

Its come to my attention that there are a lot of very cool individuals on this forum, many of whom I've known for some time and many I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time in this thread. I didn't think i would feel an ounce of sadness when we reached the end but I must admit, I am going to miss the comraderie that always seems to accompany the pre-release threads. A common tie that bonds us together for a time as we experience the same range of emotions both up and down. So many personalities intermingling is a neat thing to experience. I made one slip up along the way and would like to thank Early for some extra patience on that occsasion, nuff said there. And a huge thanks to OTD, Early and Steven for pulling off what I consider to be an award winning mod job that may never be matched. See you all at the next superthread if not before.

Iowabowtech

23. escobar0o3

escobar0o3 Member

100,000 posts would have been crazy! maybe in a few months..? lol

24. chankyu92

chankyu92 Well-Known Member

I can't think of what to say for my last post :(

BlueBiker likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews