1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. gnarlyeggs

gnarlyeggs Newbie

Off to the store, 8AM EST opening!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. soy.lor.n

soy.lor.n Well-Known Member

Do you know the price at BJs? I might have to go try out my temporary membership if my other plans fall through...

3. cwazpitt3

cwazpitt3 Newbie

Off to get my NEXUS!

4. xGalaxyNexusx

xGalaxyNexusx Android Enthusiast

I've opened the hatch of my Jeep and am now trying to stay warm, lol...

20111215_073418-1.jpg

I think competition just arrived....

Theshape likes this.
  5. webz

webz Newbie

Off to the vzw store. :)

6. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Thanks again Steven for all your hard work dealing with us miscreants! :p:D

7. davey11

davey11 Member

Oh my is that ur portacan there?

xGalaxyNexusx and zx10droid like this.
  8. Blazemstr

Blazemstr Newbie

If you go on Verizon Wireless' home page and search the store locater...put your zip code in, it will display all of your closest wireless stores with their store hours. Mine's at 9am....will be there waiting! Finally

9. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Well I was gonna wait until 8:30 to head over, but I guess I will head over at 8 instead, for the 9AM opening. Anyone seeing any lines yet?

10. firecracker

firecracker Member

Well time to get up and get ready for the day. Then its off to Verizon. Probably the last time posting in this thread before its locked so I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making the wait much more bearable. Maybe now my work productivity will go back up (after I've mastered the nexus, of course lol)

11. Remember everybody,

This release was announced yesterday, and there has been zero advertising of that fact.

Perfect situation for us to get our precious. But thats not going to bring a lot of people out to line up.

Hopefully, once we all have our phones, they start really advertising this thing. It deserves to be a success.

12. esmith818

esmith818 Android Enthusiast

Rooting in and of itself will not break the ability to receive Google's OTAs. Once you begin applying custom kernels, that might break it, but you should be able to easily re-flash to the default ROM. I anticipate this phone being much easier to tinker with than even the OG Droid.

13. Tuesday013

Tuesday013 Member

Good Morning Nexicans! Merry Nexus Day to all :)

Mods, thank you so much for everything!

14. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

When I got my Bionic on launch day they never advertised opening early but they did. Just give them a call to see if it's early open.
    But with all the lack of advertising, I doubt it.

15. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Huh, I just checked, never did get the GNex email, thanks a lot VZW.

16. NexusMe

NexusMe Newbie

Anyone? Actually just screwed up in general, I can't even get to the My Verizon page.

17. WheresTheBeef

WheresTheBeef Well-Known Member

I was first in the parking lot. Now 3 cars and 1 guy that stepped out and is now waiting by the door. I'll stay warm in my car thank you. That is unless there is a last minute stampede. ;-)

18. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

Gooooooood Morning Nexicans! I can't believe this is our last morning together here. Please be nice to your csr on this Nexmas day.

nj02vette, Khatmandu and backs4iu like this.
  19. WheresTheBeef

WheresTheBeef Well-Known Member

For all those who bought the Living Social deal - remember to use it today! Think it expires this month.

BabyBlues and rove75 like this.
  20. rove75

rove75 Well-Known Member

Good Morning everyone. Happy Nexus Day!!!!

All the stores in my area open up at 10AM. Going to go drop off my son at day care before I head over.

21. alee0729

alee0729 Member

9 people ahead of me in line waiting for 34th St Verizon to open in NYC.

22. RookTheKlown

RookTheKlown Well-Known Member

The one I'm going to is a kiosk in BJ's, considered a corporate store, so same as other corp stores - $299. And since you're buying direct from VZW, you don't need a membership (the BJ's around here look at your card at check-out, not when entering).

23. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Bagel and coffee in hand? Off to the Verizon store!

lennydude, Khatmandu and RookTheKlown like this.
  24. Blazemstr

Blazemstr Newbie

It's been great hanging out with you guys. Looking forward to hanging around the water cooler with you folks....YEAH! my first Android Device. Heading off to the Verizon Store & ready to wait outside...for the last 1hr 15 minutes....well, 75 minutes sounds much better, especially after all of the other waiting!

25. la teacher

la teacher Newbie

This thread will be closed before my store opens in Cali. Thanks for the great conversation! [​IMG]

Theshape likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews