1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Valyrian

Valyrian Newbie

there are about 5 peopple milling about at the salem nh mall store. No real organized line though. Last post from my palm pixi, it's been fun all. Seeya on the nex side.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Cindir4

Cindir4 Newbie

Now that's just funny. :D

3. RustyNutz77

RustyNutz77 Lurker

haha!!

4. firecracker

firecracker Member

Well now that I'm getting ready to walk out the door (vzw is less than 5 minutes away), I'm not sure if its the coffee or adrenaline kicking in. I knew I would be excited but didn't think I would be THIS excited.

5. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

Why can't they use the LivingSocial deal in store? Also, I get my $50 NE2 today. My original date was 12/28 and had it bumped up to today and they also have me down for my last NE2. I will be extremely put off if I do not get to use the LivingSocial deal as well. I was looking at paying $150 out of pocket today to get my phone.

6. jdduncan11

jdduncan11 Android Enthusiast

OMG.....OMG...This phone is unbelievable. In HEAVEN right now. I was the second person in store. VZW sold me the wrong accessory, bundle but i don' care!

FROM MY GNEX!!!!!!!""

Ninjak, RazorSharp, SPLover and 10 others like this.
  7. eagle17

eagle17 Newbie

In line at the pentagon city mall location. Already 10 people inline

8. cggorman

cggorman Android Enthusiast

10 minutes! Holy crap. It took me almost 2 hours. :eek:

9. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Android Expert

I figured since I wouldn't be productive at work today.... cough, cough, I'm "sick":p

Tminus 2 hrs till I can get a Nex:D

10. xCirca

xCirca Member

In line @ Bellingham in MA .. matter of minutes!

11. drbugsmn

drbugsmn Android Enthusiast

I'm jealous of you east coasters! I'm looking forward to hearing about it, and seeing posts from the gnex.

tx for the ride everyone, it's been awesome! It's nice not being the only gnex crazy person!

12. owen sixteen

owen sixteen Well-Known Member

OTD, some may take that list as a challenge to complete.

"Your mother was a snow blower."

13. vandyman

vandyman Android Expert

No Bsing. They have 40 units at my store, but they sold out the extended batteries quick.

14. Reborn58

Reborn58 Android Enthusiast

Wow here first thing in the am and 5 people ahead of me... Geez. how exiting!

15. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Probably ninja'd but the deal said online or telesales only. That's why I didn't get it.

:(

16. kmr0026

kmr0026 Member

They didn't manually bump up my ne2 date, just allowed me to upgrade via *611, so if you got the ne2 date bumped up officially you are good. With the living social deal, you are good in store or via telesales, which apparently *611 is not (or the person I was talking to didn't know how to put in the discount). Will just use my living social deal in store for a dock while I wait for my phone to arrive tomorrow via fedex

17. paladin732

paladin732 Lurker

Can someone getting the extended battery post how much bigger it makes the phone? My understanding is it is a negligible difference

18. johninc

johninc Member

19. chiph411

chiph411 Member

Nexus just now announced on VZW News Center..A day late and a dollar short

20. RookTheKlown

RookTheKlown Well-Known Member

Got to the store 5 minutes early, 2 people ahead of me. Can barely contain my excitement!

21. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

There were 4 people in front of me. Now there are 2. I have butterflies.

22. X24

X24 Well-Known Member

I hope there isn't much of a line when I go in this morning, would hate for it to sell out :S

Also hope they're fine with setting up a new contract without the account holder physically present. College kid = parents plan. Had done it a few times before on Alltel, but this is the first time I've been on Verizon when I wanted to upgrade :S

Kind of nervous!

23. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Android Expert

Makes me feel good to hear about the east coast turn out for the phone:D and really good to think about the good sales #'s of a pure google phone that VZW seems not to want on its network:p

24. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

Getting mine now!

SPLover, nj02vette, Kaddoble and 10 others like this.
  25. meek_reese

meek_reese Member

UGH, my CSR took my phone, and the protective screen off the front! That is one of my greatest pleasures in life, removing the thin plastic sheet to reveal the shiny glass! :)

But, because he was so fast at setting it up, I might have been the first person in Pittsburgh with an LTE GNEX (well, maybe cyanogen had one first...heh heh)

Stigy and EarlyMon like this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews