1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Travisimo

Travisimo Android Enthusiast

Sitting on my butt on a comfy couch at a mall waiting for the corporate VZW store to open.... While dozens of mall walkers go by. Lol. No one else here for the Nexus that I can see, but that's ok. Using my iPad 2 via 4G Hotspot on my Bionic. Kinda lonely, but only 37 minutes to go!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nyg010

nyg010 Android Enthusiast

Ah, yes TB is pretty sweet. Hmm okay I guess I'll go ahead and do it lol what the hell..I can still get OTAs right? I know its been asked before..

3. firecracker

firecracker Member

And the wait continues...

Ahh Verizon never ceases to amaze me. Got to the store just after 9:00 (see 9:03). Walked in and there were two people just standing around and two at the service counter to get their phones serviced. Looked around for a display... nothing. I did notice that the white RAZR was on display though. The lady that came out asked the other two people standing around what they were there for and they said the nexus. She looked at me and remembered me from Monday when I stopped into the store. She said that they had a problem getting there display unit activated so they didn't have one yet. The guy in front of me joked and said to me "nothing like being prepared, right". So she goes in the back and brings out three Nexus boxes and then says that they don't have any 4g sim cards and they are being brought from another store. Just great. She said it was going to be another 45 minutes-ish before they got there and put each of our names on a box and said the phones would be there for us whenever we got a chance to get back to the store. I was planning on only going into work an hour late today but now it looks like that is extended. Ahh.

EarlyMon likes this.
  4. woodstorm

woodstorm Android Enthusiast

Waiting for the store to open. Bonus: Starbuck next door. I should be sufficiently wired when they open. Lol
    Dopio espresso FTW

Stigy likes this.
  5. WheresTheBeef

WheresTheBeef Well-Known Member

About 6 people on line before opening at 8:00. I had a longer line afterwards waiting for stamps at the post office. :p

Had my OTA update within 10 minutes of sim card activation and then when my phone booted it had "safe mode" wording at the bottom left. WTF?

Still in love with my new precious!:D

Kaddoble and Khatmandu like this.
  6. Shades.549

Shades.549 Member

Here I sit in my car outside a Youngstown area Verizon store waiting for it to open at 10. I'm the only one waiting, so I think I'll manage to get hold of it today.
    The hard part will be resisting the urge to turn it on and play with it right away, but I want to charge it fully first before starting it, assuming I can get out of the store without it getting turned on by the rep.

7. Stickboy

Stickboy Newbie

Shwing!
    Called 611 and tried again for the CH4GE discount and scored! Apparently because I am already on a copr discount and it is *supposed* to be a corp deal.
    Thanks to this thread I may be getting the GNEX for $100.
    Oh, and just to make you all laugh, I am upgrading from a .........LG DARE!!!!!

I am an Android Virgin!

8. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Do it.

Do it.

Do it.

Do it!

Do it!

Do it!

Do it!

Do it!

[​IMG]

SPLover, BtBommer, Kaddoble and 2 others like this.
  9. zedster

zedster Android Enthusiast

anyone know if you can charge the extended battery in the desk charger?

10. cwazpitt3

cwazpitt3 Newbie

Android version 4.02 after OTA

11. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Only one here at Jordan Creek location in West Des Moines. 35 mins to store opening. Christmas music in the background seems fitting for the occasion. No signage for the Gnex, its all Razr still. No thank you, I'll take a Nexus please!

12. Rrrracer

Rrrracer Android Enthusiast

Yep, sitting outside my corp store west side Indy, waiting for 10 AM... nobody here except me and another guy... is it you? Haha!

Glad there isn't a line and that I have an appointment! I feel like I'm in an old Heinz 57 commercial ... anticipation!

WheresTheBeef and drbugsmn like this.
  13. stew930

stew930 Well-Known Member

Before this thread closes today I wanted to thank everyone who provided insider information. I appreciate it. I will be a little sad to see the thread close.

drbugsmn likes this.
  14. ThorWantNexus

ThorWantNexus Newbie

Gonna try to pick mine up over my lunch break! HAPPY NEXMAS ONE AND ALL!!!!

15. Richman21

Richman21 Android Enthusiast

Me too. 10am opening here. I called yesterday and asked about stock, she said she had a lot. But I will be there at 9:30 just ot be sure.:)

16. kmr0026

kmr0026 Member

Last chance to post before the thread closes. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the entertainment, info, and for making me realize I'm not the only one who was amped about this phone. Congrats to everyone who was able to get a phone today and to also to those of us waiting for ours to be delivered via fedex tomorrow!

IndecisiveElle and drbugsmn like this.
  17. drpotter2807

drpotter2807 Well-Known Member

On the way to pick up Nexie!

18. Bizoner

Bizoner Newbie

Got a busy day today, should be picking up my Nexus in around an hour. Just wanted to say that I have enjoyed the journey with yous guys. From my first few months lurking occasionally to the last month or so of spending WAY to much time here, it has been fun. Hope to see you all in the "reunion" thread, and in a couple of years for the N4 release.

Thanks to Steven, Early, OTD, and all the regs & everyone for making this a blast.

Cheers!!

WheresTheBeef, drbugsmn and Khatmandu like this.
  19. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled

And I have it! Just took the update and it's rebooting now.

Merry Nexmas to all and to all a good nerdgasm!

20. jchunt

jchunt Member

I'm going to Roanoke - I need to stop by Sam's Club - enjoy your Nexus!

21. sweatyBeef

sweatyBeef Well-Known Member

T-minus 30 minutes!!! The day has finally arrived!!! :)

Stigy likes this.
  22. IndecisiveElle

IndecisiveElle Android Expert

Merry Nexmus everyone! And Happy Nexmachuka!

I'm about to do my hard reset on my Charge and head to the store! How is it going to for everyone? How are supplies looking? I hope I don't miss out!!

23. Richman21

Richman21 Android Enthusiast

Does anyone know what time this thread will be closed?

24. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Lol this phone makes me laugh it's so nice keyboard is amazing!! Cheers all time to play a little then dig deep for some roots

Kaddoble and IndecisiveElle like this.
  25. lilRikki

lilRikki Member

30 minutes to opening: just me and the mall walkers. Nice and warm and sitting at a table in the food court enjoying the free wifi on my netbook.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews