• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it!!!! :D:D:D
2 of us in line at Radio Shack, and guess what they only had 2! :D
Took forever since they had to switch lines with my Bionic (so glad to dump it :p).
Thanks again to everyone for stealing time away from my wife ;)
I'll see you all in the forums! Congrats to all!

Edit: And I already have a system update, I love this thing!

Upvote 0
Just ordered mine over the phone! For $150 savings, I can wait a few more days. I got Verizon to give me my NE2 discount 14 days earlier and the $100 3g to 4g discount! I'm in California btw.

FYI, the system wouldn't allow the specific discounts to be applied to the order. The CSR said she would just over ride the system and give me a credit for $170 (extra $20 is the early upgrade fee that they waived).

See you guys over on the development side!

How did you get them to do that?? I live n So Cal and have the OG Droid...

Upvote 0
Again, I would like to say THANK YOU to every one of you. Your personalities, your sense of humor (or is that senses of humor??) , your constant source of encouragement, your information....quite frankly, I could go on and on....were OUTSTANDINGand got me through some really sad days I've been having lately...you guys ARE THE BEST! I will see you all at the Watering Hole!

Upvote 0
Mine is activated. I drove back to work and just finished the update. It did update all of my contacts and downloaded the apps. Just starting to play around with it. Looks beautiful. Coming from OG droid, this is bigger but it's lighter but still seems solid. Doesn't feel too light but not a brick either. I will have to test the camera but so far so good.
I'm coming from an OG Droid as well, can't believe how light and thin the Nexus is! :D

Reactions: sneakking
Upvote 0
finally got the mythical unicorn!! i showed up about 8:50 at the Verizon store in DC on L street and there were like 30 people already in line!!!

they had enough for everyone who showed up early though and it took about an hour of waiting!

Wow! Wish I was there but didn't feel like making the trek downtown. Hope everyone is lucky :)

Upvote 0
Test camera picture -- honestly looks really good to me. Wish it wasn't so gloomy out so I can grab more. I'll grab some of the city during lunch.

41LhR.jpg

Upvote 0
2011-12-15_08-29-52_63.jpg

Me and Galpdawg at the Verizon Store, waiting on line. :)

Well, I am a proud owner of a new Galaxy Nexus! I have an extended battery! I have the el-cheapo Verizon screen cover (gonna get Steinheil) and the shiny black silicon cover. I also bought the battery charger. :)

The did not give me the 100 dollar discount at the store, but as the CSR guy told me two days ago, "just charge it to your account and we'll do it over the phone." They did.

Google's downloading my apps now, and is trying to load them onto my homescreen! :O Eh, gotta delete that.

Ttyl. Finishing up my g'bye post. :(

Upvote 0
Anyone in the NJ area get the 3g->4g promotion to work? I can't even get any CSR's to put a note on my account. I've called 3 times. The 2nd time (6am this morning) the rep said she would call my local stores and get back to me letting me know if they would use it. Haven't heard back yet.
I'm in Boston (close enough?) and I couldn't get the promo. I'm gonna see what I can do when I actually go to the store and talk to someone in person.

Upvote 0
I must admit that I didn't believe it last night when I read that today would be the day. I am now the proud owner of a SGN!! I didn't give my little podunk town enough credit because I was there at 9:05 and there were already two people waiting to buy one. I figured I would be the only one and that the salesman wouldn't have a clue it was being sold. I was wrong. The salesman were so excited about it. It's sad, though, because there was no advertising at all in the store.

I've only posted a couple of times but I have been lurking for months. Now what will I do every night? EVERY night I caught up on what seemed like 10 thousand posts. I have enjoyed reading everything, on topic and off. My husband hasn't understood why I would be up late at night reading posts from a bunch of strangers.

Thank you all (I won't attempt to name everyone)! I've enjoyed being here. Now, I'm off to play and to buy a case, which means I'll be scouring the other threads for advice. :) For you ones who haven't gotten yours yet, it was so worth the wait!

Upvote 0
Well - we got rid of the double posts and we have a blank post problem as many are finding.

Admin is aware and we'll try to straighten that out asap.

Failing that, I'll contact the President of the Navy if I have to!

Face it - the Nexus is just so powerful, it broke the internet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones