• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Counting down.. last posts.. get 'em in. I'm refining mine now. It's a bit different that what you saw, Early. (steven runs)

InBeforeTheLock1105.jpg

Upvote 0
The BJs near me opened at 8:00 and the Verizon stand inside opened at 9:00. I walked in around 5 minutes to 9:00. The Verizon rep was alone playing with the Nexus. I asked if he had sold any and he said that they weren't open yet. During the activation/sales process, two more customers came in to purchase the Nexus. I walked out at 9:30 with my new toy!

Thanks everyone for this thread. I mostly lurked, but did follow it closely. It made the wait unbearable at times and enjoyable at times. Enjoy!

Reactions: CinLou and EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Here I am sitting back at home. As I mentioned in previous posts I was the first person at my Verizon store, having arrived an hour early but at 5 till there were 3 or 4 other people waiting. A Verizon rep came outside and determined who got there in what order and that was the order that the customers got serviced.
My rep went in the back to get me a phone and came back to with not only the phone but accessories as well, none of which was a battery. She started to open up the phone, but I managed to stop her since I wanted to be the person who did all that, plus I also did not want to start the phone up at all until after charging the battery. She was not able to apply my 3G-4G $100 discount and said I would have to get a CSR to credit my account, because of that I ended up charging the phone to my account instead of paying for it immediately like I planned, but still got my $30 discount because of the employer I have listed on my account. She assumed I wanted the screen protector, but I passed because I want to make sure that I get the right one for me. I did by a case there, at a 25% discount but have 14 days to decide if I want to keep it. To top it off, I got a free candy bar, today is the official release of 4G in my area so candy bars with the purchase of the phone.
Bad news is that I got charged an early upgrade fee of $20 but no one even mentioned the fee, so I will have to try to get CSR to waive it and credit it back to my account.

So now I sit here without even having had the chance to turn on my phone because it is still charging, and the manual actually does say to charge completely before turning on the first time. Unlike the OG Droid it does not have an indicator light to let you know it is charging, but I found out if you give the power button a quick tap it will indicate on the screen that it is charging without actually turning on.
So once it is done charging it unlock the phone, set it up, play with new toy, and call CSR to handle the issues.

Thanks to all that made this thread fun while waiting for Verizon to finally release this phone and I will see some of you over in BB's Galaxy Nexus Lounge thread.

Upvote 0
What a crazy ride! As some of you remember I wanted my 1k post to be my "I have my new GNex" post. Way back when I hit the 13k post I didn't realize we were still two months away and missed being able to post and participate in the phone for Steven. At least I was more productive at work than most of you...BB and Han, i'm talking to you!

I want to say thank you to all of the admins, mods, guides, for an awesome thread. Han, thank you to Hannette for her info. Honestly, her info was probably the best info out there and was really what I went by regardless of any other info from other sources. Thank you to everyone that contributed to this epic thread. The clapping/dancing gifs were awesome.

I can also say I met Red66Charger this morning at the Verizon store. See cheesy pic!

My plan has a corp discount, got the phone for $249 and used the living social coupon to get the extended battery, car dock, and the extra battery/charger/stand thing. They didn't have the extended battery in stock so they are shipping everything to me.

If you are in the clearwater area, go see Aaron Crampton at the Gulf to Bay store, absolutely awesome guy.

I hope to see all of you around the Nexus threads talking about wallpapers, rooting/romming, apps, etc.

Happy Nexus day to everyone.
View attachment 25306

Great meeting you RadYOacTiVe! I am loving this bad boy. Can't believe how light it is. This is my goodbye to this thread. It's been super enjoyable folks!

Upvote 0
Well I didn't get mine.........yet. My upgrade date is 12/29 and the store manager wouldn't bump me 2 weeks..:thinking:

My daughter was with me to get one too so being a good father I let her have the 1 upgrade that WAS eligible on my account. Then when I got in the car I dialed *611 and they took care of me and I'll have my Nexi tomorrow.

This is the 2nd phone launch I have followed here, the first was the Dinc. It was a mostly different cast of characters for this launch, and just like the Dinc thread I hung on every post waiting for those magical posts from Stevie, Solo, and others with info from their "sources" all the while being entertained by everyone else. I'll miss this thread but am ready to get back to the normal grind.

Otherwise see you all at the Watering Hole!! :D

Upvote 0
Got mine! I was first in the store. A guy came in right at 9 and said "She beat me to it!"

I've only been here like a week, but this thread has been amazing. I would say that I'm sad that I didn't stumble upon it earlier during my multiple-times-a-day google searches for "galaxy nexus" + within the last hour, but I'm not because it would have been even more of a time suck...

See y'all at the watercooler! :D

Upvote 0
I'm almost out the door to go pick up my Nexus, but wanted to say a quick good bye.

To all the mods, thank you for keeping this place fun and informative! Especially OTD and Steven58. You guys rock!

I'll catch you all in the lounge thread :) Enjoy your Nexuses! I'm off to get mine now! Woohoo!

Take care all.

Upvote 0
Counting down.. last posts.. get 'em in. I'm refining mine now. It's a bit different that what you saw, Early. (steven runs)

I certainly hope so! :p :D

I made my thanks to everyone last night - and I'll probably be too busy to ever read your final post anyway. Dang. Oh, well. These things happen.

And just as I was about to hit submit - I realized that although many will hate me for this, I don't think we can call this thread complete without these words posted:

I want to thank everyone, except Steven. And the other mods. Especially except Steven and the other mods.

Man - that just works on so many levels! :D :D :D

Congratulations Nexicans! :) :) ;)

(Plus, my hat's off to whomever thought up that word!)

Wait...

Upvote 0
Man I'm so jealous of all of you , I would probably be walking out of Verizon with my Nexus right now . This was the only day I can think of in the past few months that going to the store was not an option any other day and I would have been there.. Oh well I ordered it at 11:05 Mtn Time and got free overnight shipping, $100 off and I should have it tomorrow around 2pm that's when FedEx usually comes to my work . ohh the next 29hrs are gonna be long

Upvote 0
Alright everybody, looks like are time here is at an end. Thanks to all the mods for keeping this a *relatively* sane forum, and for the posters and fellow Nex-heads for sticking through it all. Everybody have fun with their new toys!!!

Oh, and there were about 40 people waiting outside the Columbia, MD VZW store at 9am when they opened.

Upvote 0
Has anyone that has ordered online received a tracking number yet? I've never ordered online and I am wondering how long it takes get it.

You can check your order status here:

Check Your Status - Verizon Wireless

I ordered 2 hours ago. "My status says: Your order has been shipped. You can track your shipment at www.fedex.com" but I do not have a tracking number.

No tracking number here. From past experience, we won't get that till later in the afternoon.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones