• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think Moto really has it down on call quality. My Droid was great, but the Bionic really ups the anti even more. Incredible. Never used a Samsung, but hoping it's just as good.

I read about the Bionic call quality being better than the Droid X, I was going to get the Bionic. But once I saw the SGII, at that time VZ was suppose to release this phone, I waited to see what the review was going to be.

But we all know what happen with VZ not getting the SGII, but when I heard about vz and the nexus 3s oops :eek: I mean the galaxy nexus, :D!! Some of the tech sites review the call quality as being excellent on the SGII. I'm hoping and expecting the same with the Nexus 3S :eek:. You know what I mean nex ;)

Upvote 0
Okay. At the pumpkin patch now. Any good nexus/ics ideas for carving a pumpkin?

Android Pumpkin Template

or

2010-10-25_22-49-02_399-540x330.jpg

or

IMG_2399.JPG

Upvote 0
Welp, ladies and germs? I did it. I filled out my Verizon Smartphone buyback form for them to buy back my phone. I'm getting 65 for the DX and I'm hoping to convince a loyalty person to give me an early 50 loyalty discount. I'm hoping to buy the phone for 189 ish all told.

I guess I can send in my phone after I buy it and use the 65 for accessories, which I don't really need. I'll figure out the timing. Starting to get excited, here.

Reactions: jimbo1mcm
Upvote 0
I read about the Bionic call quality being better than the Droid X, I was going to get the Bionic. But once I saw the SGII, at that time VZ was suppose to release this phone, I waited to see what the review was going to be.

But we all know what happen with VZ not getting the SGII, but when I heard about vz and the nexus 3s oops :eek: I mean the galaxy nexus, :D!! Some of the tech sites review the call quality as being excellent on the SGII. I'm hoping and expecting the same with the Nexus 3S :eek:. You know what I mean nex ;)

I finally saw the SGS2 today (in all its variants at Radio Shack). That thing is an absolute beaut. I can't believe how thin it is. Wow, really hope the Prime is anything like it. So excited.

Upvote 0
Welp, ladies and germs? I did it. I filled out my Verizon Smartphone buyback form for them to buy back my phone. I'm getting 65 for the DX and I'm hoping to convince a loyalty person to give me an early 50 loyalty discount. I'm hoping to buy the phone for 189 ish all told.

I guess I can send in my phone after I buy it and use the 65 for accessories, which I don't really need. I'll figure out the timing. Starting to get excited, here.
I would think you'd get more for it if you sold on the free market than trading it in.

Honestly, I'm keeping my DX, or at least keeping it in the family.

Going to give it to my 6yo daughter. It will still play games, play music, and watch movies. She'll be quite happy.

Much better served than selling it for $65. Plus I get the satisfaction that the best phone I've ever owned will keep on bringing smiles to others.

(Sorta like Chief putting his OG Driod back in the box).

Upvote 0
I would think you'd get more for it if you sold on the free market than trading it in.

Honestly, I'm keeping my DX, or at least keeping it in the family.

Going to give it to my 6yo daughter. It will still play games, play music, and watch movies. She'll be quite happy.

Much better served than selling it for $65. Plus I get the satisfaction that the best phone I've ever owned will keep on bringing smiles to others.

(Sorta like Chief putting his OG Driod back in the box).

Well thought out. Well used DX! My issue is that my 22 year old dauger has a Dinc and wouldn't want the bigness of the DX. My wife has a DInc and my son has a D3.

I think they'd see my DX as a step backwards. :p

I saw that I could get more, maybe even twice as much on ebay, but my phone has a little wear and tear. It has some marks on the metal from when I dropped it. Other than that, it's perfect. I don't want someone to get upset over buying a phone with tiny scratches. VZW didn't ask about that, so 65.00 it is. :D I'm good with it.

BTW, VZW wants me to buy an iPhone 4s.. They sent me an email and told me I had an upgrade that I could use toward it, when I was on hold. :p

Upvote 0

Might want to check out BestBuy's trade-in program. They pay a little better.

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
Google Voice Actions: The big buzz with the IP4S, really is with Siri. Yeah, the processor is faster, but you almost need a stopwatch to time it. I was impressed with the Google Voice Action video below. Google was way ahead with the Navigation app a couple of years ago, so they have an experienced core crew to work on voice integration. Voice Actions looks pretty good and I hope it is fully integrated with ICS. Could be a Siri killer. Click the Watch Video tab

Voice Actions for Android

Upvote 0
I finally saw the SGS2 today (in all its variants at Radio Shack). That thing is an absolute beaut. I can't believe how thin it is. Wow, really hope the Prime is anything like it. So excited.

Best Android phone out right now. It will be relegated to one of the best in 2012.

As MC Hammer once said "can't touch this"

Upvote 0

I was thinking about doing that, but they don't want my Fascinate...can't imagine why.:rolleyes: I saved enough points with my credit card this year to earn $250 in Best Buy gift cards so it will only cost me around $100 to get a new phone this time.

Upvote 0
Okay... I updated the OP. I straightened it out, took out duplicate and false info. Took off an unneeded picture or two and did some alignment and other clean-y up-y type things.

I'm asking our regulars to look it over to see if I need anything or anything's wrong.

Lemme know via pm. I'm going out jogging now. (Pray for me!:p)

Upvote 0
True, but I think they charge a little bit more too. Definately on un-subsidized phone prices.

You don't have to buy the phone there. They give you a gift card just like Verizon. Either way it probably won't arrive until after you've already bought the new phone so would you rather have $80 to spend on anything at BestBuy or $65 to spend at Verizon on just phone stuff?

Reactions: nj02vette
Upvote 0
Okay... I updated the OP. I straightened it out, took out duplicate and false info. Took off an unneeded picture or two and did some alignment and other clean-y up-y type things.

I'm asking our regulars to look it over to see if I need anything or anything's wrong.

Looks good, except that I didn't realize we were putting stock in the "leaked" Verizon release map?

Upvote 0

Thank you for your work :) You're doing a great job!

Question to all: Was the video of ICS in action (thus the device shown) established a fake or early prototype that is not in any way related to the Prime (GNex, GalaXus, curvy phone, ...)? Just regarding that Steven took out both the picture and the video.

Upvote 0

1. I can't believe it'll be SAMOLED+ this early. Surely will be regular SAMOLED.
  2. Pretty sure it's been established that it'll have replaceable battery, although I have no idea whom to trust about mAh.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones