• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Vigor has been leaked like crazy, including huge close up pics of front and back. iPhone 5 has at least had images of parts leak out, images of cases that show off its angled form factor, and was lost in a bar again (I doubt that one, though).

Prime? Zip, zilch, nada. Even SCH-i515 passing through wifi and bluetooth means nothing.

I find it very freaking strange that a phone that's supposed to release 2 weeks after Vigor and iPhone 5 has absolutely nothing leaking out. Samsung and Verizon are good at keeping secrets, but not that good. (The only time I've seen them be this good at not leaking anything was the Verizon version of SGSII, and we know how that turned out.)

I'm hoping we see an announcement from Google before Samsung's. Otherwise, I'm betting the big announcement on 10/11 will be about the 7.7 Tab and we'll be left fuming and ranting again.

P.S.: Why the frak does Samsung see the need to come out with all these sizes? What's so much better about a 7.7 than an 8.9? It's getting ridiculous.
stop! you're depressing me!

Upvote 0
stop! you're depressing me!

Sorry, sorry! I'm caught in a phone depression until this thing drops. If it's any consolation, I'm a very sunny and cheerful person in every other aspect of my life. I'm surrounded by children and puppies that love me. But when conversations turn to cell phones, a dark cloud comes over my face and I turn into quite a scary person.

On a different track, does anyone else here think that the new LG superphone looks somewhat feminine? The back of it, that weird pattern, looks like my grandmother's pill case.

LGOptimusLTE1.jpg

Upvote 0
maybe OMAP 4470 (with the new PowerVr SGX544), maybe Qualcomm MSM8960 (first Krait 28nm-processor with the new Adreno 225 GPU), maybe Tegra 3: Kal-El (not impossible :D), maybe Samsungs own Exynos processor (just higher clocked) OR maybe even a brandnew Samsung owned Soc... remember when it's called Samsung Galaxy Nexus, it'll be like the Samsung Galaxy 2.5 and as we know every galaxy-flagship has got its own samsung-soc...

edit: or maybe some new mobile Soc by Intel? ;D

No, it won't be Qualcomm MSM8960, Tegra 3: Kal-El, nor even a brandnew Samsung owned Soc, and I don't remember that when it's called Samsung Galaxy Nexus, it'll be like the Samsung Galaxy 2.5 and as we know every galaxy-flagship has got its own samsung-soc, because Google announced officially that ICS is designed for TI OMAP, and Nexus will have it. The only question is - which SoC will it be..

Upvote 0
Exactly. Vigor has been leaked like crazy, including huge close up pics of front and back. iPhone 5 has at least had images of parts leak out, images of cases that show off its angled form factor, and was lost in a bar again (I doubt that one, though).

Prime? Zip, zilch, nada. Even SCH-i515 passing through wifi and bluetooth means nothing.

I find it very freaking strange that a phone that's supposed to release 2 weeks after Vigor and iPhone 5 has absolutely nothing leaking out. Samsung and Verizon are good at keeping secrets, but not that good. (The only time I've seen them be this good at not leaking anything was the Verizon version of SGSII, and we know how that turned out.)

I'm hoping we see an announcement from Google before Samsung's. Otherwise, I'm betting the big announcement on 10/11 will be about the 7.7 Tab and we'll be left fuming and ranting again.

P.S.: Why the frak does Samsung see the need to come out with all these sizes? What's so much better about a 7.7 than an 8.9? It's getting ridiculous.

I tried the samsung galaxy 7" when it didn't really have a tab OS the length was good the width was to short , I bought ipad2 at apple and in line for 6 hours took it home had it 6 days and didn't want to pick it up ! I found myself using my google chrome cr-48 instead of that, then sold the ipad2, I think a 7.7" would be a great tab and I hope it gets released here with phone compatibilities ;)

Upvote 0
No, it won't be Qualcomm MSM8960, Tegra 3: Kal-El, nor even a brandnew Samsung owned Soc, and I don't remember that when it's called Samsung Galaxy Nexus, it'll be like the Samsung Galaxy 2.5 and as we know every galaxy-flagship has got its own samsung-soc, because Google announced officially that ICS is designed for TI OMAP, and Nexus will have it. The only question is - which SoC will it be..

hm... whatever...

but what i know for sure is that i won't buy the nexus if it comes with the Omap 4430, or if it is going to be delayed until next year...

and what i want to add is:

don't forget the Intel Mobile SoC! Medfield is real ;)

Upvote 0
Heh! I have never had the pleasure or experience of witnessing clairvoyance of any kind until I came here.

They would never do this............. It will be that.............. They do it because it's............ Mercy!

I have no premonitions about the device except its a rumored one and I hope its released soon and better the the Bionic or charge or .......

I enjoy the speculation and wishes but its all getting long in the tooth. For me.

I guess you guys can tell the wait is getting to me eh?

On top of that my OGD is really showing its age with delayed button presses and lags galore. I even went back to stock to try and fined the culprit app and such and its unchanged.

To Quote Dr. Smith of Lost In Space, "The PAIN... Oh the Pain!"

Reactions: BlueBiker
Upvote 0
I enjoy the speculation and wishes but its all getting long in the tooth. For me.

I guess you guys can tell the wait is getting to me eh?

Well settle in for the long haul, Gapi. We have another month and a half to go! I'll be shocked, stunned and amazed if this thread doesn't hit 2500 posts before the phone comes out :cool:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
OH NO... not ANOTHER one!

Exclusive: Motorola Spyder (Droid RAZR for Verizon?) features industry-first qHD Super AMOLED display, LTE, dual-core processor | This is my next...

How many new phones are we expected to track??? It's already confusing enough!

EDIT: If they're going to dredge up old phone names, why not start over and call it the Droid StarTac? :p

I fail to see the difference between this and the Bionic, except for the non-PenTile piece of crap screen. But still, only quarter HD? Seems like a waste of time.

Upvote 0
I fail to see the difference between this and the Bionic, except for the non-PenTile piece of crap screen. But still, only quarter HD? Seems like a waste of time.

That's motorola for you. Change up one piece of hardware the aesthetics and sell it to the masses as a brand new device. I have gone from their biggest fan to their biggest critic. I'm tired of their nonsense. They will keep dropping to the bottom and end up irrelavent in the Android market. They are going down the same road RIM went down and will find themselves in the same predicament.

Upvote 0
I for one am not at all surprised that we have little facts or leaked images of the phone that was created to compete with the iPhone 5. With Apple and Samsung being number one and number two in cell phone sells and the fact that Apple and Samsung are suing each other left and right over patent infringements it leads me to believe that apple is spooked and Samsung smells blood.

As was stated earlier in this thread we have few leaks from the iPhone 5 as far as specs or images to see what they have in store and the same goes from Samsung and the Nexus, its as if they are playing chicken with each other. From a business position this marketing strategy makes sense and I expected nothing less because there are millions of dollars at stake for who ever blinks first!

Our little opinion of the lack of information is purely from a consumers perspective, but try putting on Samsung's shoes for a moment, your goal is to cut into Apples market share and you have an opportunity to do so with this device, so why would you leak info or images that would give Apple the upper hand in the market place or in the courts?

Is it possible that Samsung is responsible for the confusion by placing multiple false specs in an attempt to keep Apple at bay, I believe they would want Apple to be first to release their device so they are put on the defensive when Samsung releases the Nexus! I also believe Apple is in a pinch and the iPhone 5 will be nothing more than a slightly upgraded iPhone 4 which will disappoint consumers and give the advantage to Samsung and Google with the Nexus!

As far as Verizon, well much has been said about their business plan but they will do what ever makes them money and if Google cut them a deal of some kind that allows Google and Samsung to release a iPhone Killer phone in a form that Google wants then Verizon might just bite. My money is on the Nexus being released before Thanksgiving on Verizon, once that happens you may see what marketing deal Google has made with Verizon.

Just my 2 cents and well what the hell do I know right?

Upvote 0
With Apple and Samsung being number one and number two in cell phone sells and the fact that Apple and Samsung are suing each other left and right over patent infringements it leads me to believe that apple is spooked and Samsung smells blood.
Yeah, that seems to be the case. Samsung now taking an aggressive approach suing Apple and apparently reconsidering their own status as a parts supplier to Apple.
Our little opinion of the lack of information is purely from a consumers perspective, but try putting on Samsung's shoes for a moment, your goal is to cut into Apples market share and you have an opportunity to do so with this device, so why would you leak info or images that would give Apple the upper hand in the market place or in the courts?
Maybe. Companies play their cards close to the vest to spring nasty surprises on their competitors, but they also leak info early so as to spook those same competitors and prime the expectations of customers.
I also believe Apple is in a pinch and the iPhone 5 will be nothing more than a slightly upgraded iPhone 4 which will disappoint consumers and give the advantage to Samsung and Google with the Nexus!
Nah, since when are Apple customers motivated by tech specs? Not to be fanboyish here, but it's been well established they buy due to the Apple aura, regardless of product weaknesses or obsolescence. Many iPhone 4 customers will upgrade to iPhone 5 no matter what it has or doesn't have.

Upvote 0
Nah, since when are Apple customers motivated by tech specs? Not to be fanboyish here, but it's been well established they buy due to the Apple aura, regardless of product weaknesses or obsolescence. Many iPhone 4 customers will upgrade to iPhone 5 no matter what it has or doesn't have.

Your correct, apple zombies will in fact buy what ever Apple puts out there but their market share has already begun to fall slowly but surely over the last few quarters and with Jobs out as CEO this is Samsung and Google chance to pounce on Apple and continue the trend. There will always be the Apple Zombies and Google and Samsung give them those consumers...there are a percentage of apple consumers right now that are sway able and that could just make a difference in tipping the scales a little more in Androids direction!

Upvote 0
I understand all this cloak and dagger stuff.
But if either company released their specs for a phone that is due a month from now would not hurt them a bit.

It takes months to R&D a product, I don't think a company can throw something together in 30 to 60 days and hope it will compete.

Samsung is been quite because of Verizon.

As far as Googles part in this, who knows.

Upvote 0
Your correct, apple zombies will in fact buy what ever Apple puts out there but their market share has already begun to fall slowly but surely over the last few quarters and with Jobs out as CEO this is Samsung and Google chance to pounce on Apple and continue the trend.
Their Market share has dropped slightly becuse of the vast influx of Android devices flooding the Market. There's a new one dropping every hour. The iPhone on the other hand is a lone wolf.

Apple's iPhone will rein king for some time. I say the only way to knock Apple off it's perch is if a manufacturer follows their business model. Pick one handset from their Android line-up and make it their flag ship. Every year continue to evolve it.

Upvote 0
I understand all this cloak and dagger stuff.
But if either company released their specs for a phone that is due a month from now would not hurt them a bit.

It takes months to R&D a product, I don't think a company can throw something together in 30 to 60 days and hope it will compete.

Samsung is been quite because of Verizon.

As far as Googles part in this, who knows.

It's not the R&D that is the problem, they will not change specs at this point.....but both Apple and Samsung can get a court injunction in that amount of time. Remember this has become a battle of patents and courts battles, some may be unaware of this but its a huge deal right now all over the world for both Apple and Samsung.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones