• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
The conversation about my integrity and my source is officially closed. It's a no-win situation. I can't tell you how I know about the source without revealing information. If you guys don't like the quality of the information, if you don't like the information, if you don't trust the information, the source or me? Hey. It's a free country. You don't have to read it.

I'm doing my best to get information in a similar manner to how we did it in the famous HTC Incredible thread. My heart was to serve and to help. You don't want that? No problem. Read another thread or I'll stop reporting. It makes no difference to me.

However, I'm going to say this sternly. The Steven-on-trial and the Source-on-trial is done. I'll delete further comments and then some.

Upvote 0
Does an entire family who looks at you with glazed over eyes count too??
I say 'phone' or 'OS' and they immediately roll their eyes.

At least I have a son who takes after me... but daughter takes after Mom...

I've got our whole entertainment center down to one universal remote for wife, and DREAD upgrading it because it has taken her years to get into a groove with this one! But mama wants a bigger better TV and with that comes a whole new learning curve. I absolutely dread it. Long days ahead for the Chief next month...

EDIT: We got your back, Steven. I trust you and LT!

Reactions: callmeox
Upvote 0
The conversation about my integrity and my source is officially closed. It's a no-win situation. I can't tell you how I know about the source without revealing information. If you guys don't like the quality of the information, if you don't like the information, if you don't trust the information, the source or me? Hey. It's a free country. You don't have to read it.

I'm doing my best to get information in a similar manner to how we did it in the famous HTC Incredible thread. My heart was to serve and to help. You don't want that? No problem. Read another thread or I'll stop reporting. It makes no difference to me.

However, I'm going to say this sternly. The Steven-on-trial and the Source-on-trial is done. I'll delete further comments and then some.

Please don't let this dissuade you from continuing your awesome work giving us the latest. I can't believe someone would question your integrity, especially if they have read more than 3 or 4 pages on here. I highly appreciate everything you and the source have contributed.

Upvote 0
Steven is NOT smiling. I won't defend my integrity. I have some thinking to do. Not a good day.

I agree with you that there are people that will do this. But you are kind of selling Steven short that he would start reporting info from this person without some history or proof. I would not trust someone claiming to have info without having proof, or history of being right, and I have to believe as a mod of a respectable android forum, Steven is even more careful before sharing info.

edit: And he speaks for himself ^^

while everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions (and some may have just been speaking in jest), i don't get the cynicism over the Source. Steven has demonstrated nothing but the utmost integrity - in verifying the Source, keeping the Source's anonymity, and still getting us valuable info (to which we had no right to receive).

i've been a mod in another droid forum, and i know how seriously i took those responsibilities. Steven takes those responsibilities exponentially greater than i did. i know i want to thank him (and Early, and even OTD ;)) for the phenomenal job they've done in this thread!

we have received some very solid info on this device, and we're on the leading edge of forums getting this info. but, things have changed - and it's nothing unusual for the release of a major device. these things happen ALL the time, and it does nothing to change how "credible" the Source is.

Upvote 0
Please don't let this dissuade you from continuing your awesome work giving us the latest. I can't believe someone would question your integrity, especially if they have read more than 3 or 4 pages on here. I highly appreciate everything you and the source have contributed.

I'll think about it.. The saying in my Halloween avatar fits, oddly enough. :)

Upvote 0

I, for one, would rather see the nay sayers be deleted and get the info that you pass along. Regardless of who it is coming from, I want to see it. I know I'm not alone in this. Not only are we getting info first or getting rumors confirmed, to the best of The Source's ability, we are all entertaining one another and passing time and learning things.

Thank you for your fair modding as well. (and EarlyMon's and OTD's as well wherever they are lurking) It's nice to be in a forum where leeway is given but everything is kept well in hand.

Upvote 0
So much for having a decent debate.

Forgive me for playing a bit of devils advocate.
Debates are always welcome here. Calling out other members is not. You are free to discuss the merits of the phone, the leaked info, and even the validity of the leaked info. But not other members. So chaulk it up to misunderstanding, and I hope you'll stay an participate in the discussion.

I suggest a different forum if you wish to ponder the credibility of OUR sources. Just sayin'.
Running someone off isn't the answer. Believe me, I've bit my toungue many times from some other members. Not all people are going to get along, but we all need to abide by the forum rules.

I'm done with this topic now. Time to move on.

Upvote 0
Everyone speaking about "The Source" has me thinking this a thread about the Matrix.......sheesh.

Everyone just take a step back and relax; I know we're all a little frustrated that the date of release keeps getting pushed back, but let's not take it out on each other.

I've got your back Steven, and I'm sure most people do on these forums. Don't let the actions of a few get you down ;)

Upvote 0
My tantrum is over. GMK is correct. You all have the right to debate the source, me and my integrity. Although it was initially hurtful to hear, I can understand it, from your perspective. I guess I am too personally involved in this thread and not detached enough. I guess I should act like the mod/staff member I am supposed to be and try to be more neutral.

I'm backing off. You can discuss, but don't fight. I realized that I was controlling the conversation too much in my favor, because my feelings were hurt as I felt my integrity attacked. That kind control is not impartial but autocratic. I can be autocratic. I'm self-employed and answer to no one, but God, perhaps? ;)

Now, having said that.. I am going to delete any fighting and personal attacks. Additionally, I will warn/infract/ban according to the rules of this place.

Again, my apologies.

Humbly,
Steven

Upvote 0
Forgive me for playing a bit of devils advocate.
I forgive you. :) In the end hopefully we will all get the phone we want when we want it.
nj02vette said:
Debates are always welcome here. Calling out other members is not. You are free to discuss the merits of the phone, the leaked info, and even the validity of the leaked info. But not other members.
What I meant to say. :eek:

Upvote 0
Maybe next time pick a topic that doesn't attack the integraty and judgement of our mod Steven58 this thread its followers and our source.

Really, maybe you should go back and read what I posted. I said Steven is a nice guy which is pretty much all I said about him. I have just as much evidence as anyone here to say that I think the source isn't credible as those of you, other than perhaps Steven who is in contact with them, have to say that they are. It is all rumors and speculation at this point. To the person who said that you can play devils advocate with hard facts. Well, there are no hard facts. Everyone is grasping for a hope and a prayer here. Everything is rumors and speculation, and I'm just as entitled to say I don't buy it as you are to say its the gospel. That's the last I'll say about that. At this point it is beating a dead horse.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones