• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap.

From Kellex:

Yeah, if you look at the picture, the Rezound and the RAZR overlap the Black Friday weekend bar, but the Nexus doesn't. It looks like the beginning of the nexus bar starts at 11/28... a Monday...

On another note, the rumor of the Rezound for the 14th (also a Monday) seems to confirmed as well.

Edit: WOW I was really late this time... heh...heh.....

Upvote 0
I'll believe it when I see it. Black Friday seems like a terrible day to release a phone, as people typically buy phones for themselves, and Black Friday is about loading up for Christmas gifts for others.

Someone posted a while back that Verizon swore they'd never do another Black Friday release, apparently it turned out badly for another phone launch one year.

All we can do is wait out November like we did for October :mad:

Upvote 0
Someone posted a while back that Verizon swore they'd never do another Black Friday release, apparently it turned out badly for another phone launch one year.

All we can do is wait out November like we did for October :mad:

Don't worry, Droidette. It looks like they aren't actually launching on Black Friday, but instead the Monday after (11/28). Kellex previously tweeted 14th for ReHound, which didn't make sense, but this latest info and screen shot is consistent with that. I don't think we'll be going into December without our babies.

Chin up, girl! The wait is almost over!

11/28 it is!!!

Feels better knowing a date instead of still wondering.

P.S. BMX tweeted yesterday that this week we'd get a leak regarding the actual release date. This fits.

Reactions: Travillion
Upvote 0
Steven, don't let a few people that question The Source (hey, I'm getting good at remembering important things/terms/names around here) ruin it for the rest of us. On a public forum that is accessible to anyone in the world with an Internet connection and a web browser, you're going to get all kinds of thoughts and opinions. The bad/undesireable has to be taken with the good.

Like someone else said a few pages ago, just let it roll off your back. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So it seems to be confirmed that:

RAZR on 10th

ReHound on 14th (still weird)

SGN on 28th (another Monday)

Weird, but I'm going with this. Kellex has too much credibility and the Love Tunnel hasn't said differently.

Based on the spacing used in the image I'd say the RAZR is actually going to be on the 7th. Not that 3 days is much to talk about.

Upvote 0
Hey, question guys, This looks to me like an ADVERTISING plan, not necessarily a phone release plan. Perhaps they will release the Galaxy Nexus, but quietly, and not advertize it till after black friday?

That's another way to interpret the image.

I guess the only way to confirm is wait for Thursday's Rezound announcement for a release date. If it matches up with the above graphic I will believe its a release schedule.

But that seems like a long time (3rd - 14th) without any advertisement for the Rezound.

Upvote 0
Hey, question guys (and gals), This looks to me like an ADVERTISING plan, not necessarily a phone release plan. Perhaps they will release the Galaxy Nexus, but quietly, and not advertize it till after black friday?

A ninja release? Hmm. I think it's within reason. I'm certain they have done this before, where promoting a device had not ramped up until a week or two after it's actual release.

Upvote 0
How does it look like advertising and not release?

iPhone has a range on there for example. And they're using marketing slogans like "Apple iPhone and Best Network". That makes me think that they're going to do a marketing push during that date range that touts the iPhone and it being on the best network.

Upvote 0
Hey, question guys (and gals), This looks to me like an ADVERTISING plan, not necessarily a phone release plan. Perhaps they will release the Galaxy Nexus, but quietly, and not advertize it till after black friday?

Good point. Why would you show a timeline spanning days/weeks if it's a product launch, which happens on a single day. Advertising programs span time. On the other hand, would it not make sense that the advertising plan launches the day the product launches? I dunno. In my company, our advertising often begins prior to product launch to generate interest, however there are cases where advertising corresponds to launch or even begins after launch.
:thinking:

Upvote 0
Reactions: gapi
Upvote 0
A ninja release? Hmm. I think it's within reason. I'm certain they have done this before, where promoting a device had not ramped up until a week or two after it's actual release.

Especially if they are anticipating supply issues at first.

edit: If I am not mistaken, the Droid Incredible was like this... GREAT precedent there.

Upvote 0
Also here is the text from the image in actual text so its easier to read. My eyes hurt from typing that.

This season is also our chance to show customers that Verizon is now an iconic technology brand, way ahead of the competition. We have the devices everyone wants with our unmatched 4G LTE network people love. Whether our customers' gift list includes a sleek smartphone with awesome apps or an unltrathin tablet that puts the web at their fingertips, we've got them covered.

Put the power of the best technology in their hands with our huge lineup of 4G LTE devices. Help our customers find incredible gifts like our new exclusive Droid RAZR by Motorola, or unwrap the new HTC Rezound. The multitaskers on their list will love the Samsung Stratosphere, the first Verizon 4G LTE smartphone that has a full QWERTY keyboard.

WITH ALL OF OUR SLEEK tablets, 4G LTE mobile hotspots, cool apps, great plans and more, our customers are going to need bigger stockings.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones