• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man_in_Fetal_Position_in_Padded_Room_600-01407175.jpg

someone please, just ban me and be done with it. I don't know what the # for the twitter is. I don't care.

Ban everyone, shut down the thread, burn my computer. . . I don't care.

Upvote 0
Steven please understand your integrity is not in question at all. So dont take it personal that I question this sources legitimacy.

I dont just swallow that somebody is legit when they have provided absolutely nothing new in the way of information. This source got the specs wrong and then backpeddled by saying "oh i handled it back in July" how convenient. He cherry pics his info off of the existing info thats already out there on the net and gives it to you like its something new. Im not calling you out Im calling him out. I think the world of you Steven and sent you a pm that addressed my feelings and concerns on this whole thing.

I realize that people are not going to like what i say but theres one thing that makes me crazy and its when people play everyone for fools and this is what he is doing. Press him on one spec and he wont answer it. Why? Because he doesnt know anymore than we do. Hes lying and if you trace back everything hes ever said its nothing new. I could set up an account and pull off the same bs.

Despite everyone thinking Im the bad guy here I'm not. I realize I've fallen out of favor with everyone and thats fine. It is what it is.

Again Steven this is NOT about you. Its about him. if he knows so much he would have already leaked some good info. So far hes been nothing but wrong and been regurgitating existing info. I apologize if I have offended anyone but I know im not the only one who sees this. Im just the only one willing to take the beating for saying so.

Thanks for listening.

Upvote 0
I don't know what's happening here, but I got a PM by another first hand person. I'm going to quote it and let it speak for itself. We'll call this person "Another Source". I am not on first name basis with Another Source as I am with The Source, but I'll share the info, anyway.

Yes, I did hear your responses, as well as from Early aaaand as well from The Source, who all encouraged me to keep going with all this.

Another Source said:
Hey,

I have been reading the GN threads off and on for several weeks. I had the opportunity to hold the LTE GN in hand and it is very light and slim so the LTE version (test unit) did not increase in thickness by much, although there wasn't a GSM model to compare it to and this may not be the final launch phone. The test unit had 16 mb in memory but the tester thinks both the 16 and 32 will be available.

There are still issues with dropped calls and data connectivity. Continuous testing and software releases are in affect. It humors me and frustrates me (depending on the mood I'm in) when some posters think VZW is holding back the phone because of bloatware.

On a side note, the tester did say that the RAZR that is being tested is operating flawlessly and is ready for prime time if it had to launch today.

Holding both phones in hand the RAZR is noticeably slimmer and has a much more quality build feel to it. The GN is surprisingly light and side by side doesn't look or feel that much bigger though.

The tester still would pick the GN over RAZR even with the initial issues because eventually the problems will be ironed out but was impressed with the RAZR's performance. No noticeable advantage over battery performance on either unit.

Please keep me anonymous.

Upvote 0
Steven please understand your integrity is not in question at all. So dont take it personal that I question this sources legitimacy.

I dont just swallow that somebody is legit when they have provided absolutely nothing new in the way of information. This source got the specs wrong and then backpeddled by saying "oh i handled it back in July" how convenient. He cherry pics his info off of the existing info thats already out there on the net and gives it to you like its something new. Im not calling you out Im calling him out. I think the world of you Steven and sent you a pm that addressed my feelings and concerns on this whole thing.

I realize that people are not going to like what i say but theres one thing that makes me crazy and its when people play everyone for fools and this is what he is doing. Press him on one spec and he wont answer it. Why? Because he doesnt know anymore than we do. Hes lying and if you trace back everything hes ever said its nothing new. I could set up an account and pull off the same bs.

Despite everyone thinking Im the bad guy here I'm not. I realize I've fallen out of favor with everyone and thats fine. It is what it is.

Again Steven this is NOT about you. Its about him. if he knows so much he would have already leaked some good info. So far hes been nothing but wrong and been regurgitating existing info. I apologize if I have offended anyone but I know im not the only one who sees this. Im just the only one willing to take the beating for saying so.

Thanks for listening.

I must respond, because I'm an idiot and a glutton for punishment. If I'm banned, I'm banned. But I will be as civil as possible.

Calling out the Love Tunnel as a "liar" IS questioning Steven's integrity because he has verified the source's legitimacy and has vouched for him. The Love Tunnel's info was the first I'd ever heard of a removable battery and no SD slot when everyone else was running around like chickens with their heads cut off not knowing what was what.

Today he leaked that there is a problem with a possible release date, and Kellex tweets that it's been pushed back like an hour later.

Yes, he had the SGN in July. So some specs might have changed. Doesn't make him a liar. P3Droid posted a pic of the the SGN with a brushed aluminum back cover that looked nothing like what the SGN looks like at this point. Did you call him a liar? I don't remember you doing so.

Throwing around accusations like "he's lying" is a very weighty matter, and if I were you I might ponder whether it's usage will further divide the group and cause angst, and whether it's actually contributing to the matter or not.

If I recall correctly, you swore up and down you had specs about the SGSII, which turned out to be false. Not calling you a liar at all, I believe you posted what you thought was right based on the sources you had at the time. Now you're questioning Steven and the Love Tunnel for doing the same thing, only their claims are actually backed up by real evidence.

Upvote 0
After logging on the other day and noticing that I've used less than 600 MB of data in 15 days, unlimited data is looking less and less like a sticking point to me.

Yep, my thinking as well. I used less than 200MB on 3G with my OG Droid the last billing period. Most of my days are spent around work, pub or home wifi. I don't do streaming (does YouTube count?) of any sort and I don't see that changing even with a faster data pipe.

Upvote 0
I am in for the long haul. I waited almost a year to buy a DInc. I have only been waiting for this phone for about a month now.

I feel like I am about to be shot out of a canon
Birth_Machine.jpg

Nice photo by H R Giger.....He designed the alien in "Alien" and the sequels. He also did the album cover for "Brain Salad Surgery" by E.L.P. Just a little sidebar info.

Upvote 0
I still can't wrap my head around Verizon launching such monsters right next to each other!

I could hug you for calling them monsters. If another person refers to another phone as a "beast" my head will explode. Been thinking of calling them vampires, dragons or werewolves just to make the point. Love you for that.

Reactions: dr01d3tte
Upvote 0
I realize I've fallen out of favor with everyone and thats fine. It is what it is.

Thanks for listening.

I deleted the part about swallowing, but I wouldn't say you've fallen out of favor with everyone...I'll always like dudes that bring up their favorite types of guns in cell phone threads. That's boss...:)

Upvote 0
Yep, my thinking as well. I used less than 200MB on 3G with my OG Droid the last billing period. Most of my days are spent around work, pub or home wifi. I don't do streaming (does YouTube count?) of any sort and I don't see that changing even with a faster data pipe.

Same here. I lost my unlimited by adding a line to my family plan and didn't fix it right away. I am not a heavy user, but I don't use wifi except at home. My house, school, work -- well pretty much everywhere I go in the state of Michigan (except 'up North') is under 4g coverage so it's faster in most places than the wifi I would have access to. I drive a lot and listen to a lot of Pandora when I do. I have never hit 2g! So I'm really not worried about it like I was in the beginning.

Now if I start doing everything cloud-based, it will probably go up. But until the day I trust the cloud, again, not worried!

Upvote 0
Also this source's comment on release delay flies directly in the face of your Source Steven. This one says its connectivity, "the source" said vzw apps was driving release order.

Not necessarily. There could be MANY factors in the delay. One person may have experienced technical issues with the device, depending on where it was tested. Was Verizon having a bad day at those locations? Could ALSO be that VZW really doesn't like an unbloated phone. I think we can all agree that they don't. Others claim it's a supply problem. Could be.

I think maybe we should step back, take a breath, and agree that there could be more than ONE cause for this nightmare.

Reactions: steevo1 and Cam
Upvote 0
Not necessarily. There could be MANY factors in the delay. One person may have experienced technical issues with the device, depending on where it was tested. Was Verizon having a bad day at those locations? Could ALSO be that VZW really doesn't like an unbloated phone. I think we can all agree that they don't. Others claim it's a supply problem. Could be.

I think maybe we should step back, take a breath, and agree that there could be more than ONE cause for this nightmare.

as my doctor would say, if there are that many symptoms, there are usually multiple causes. Totally agree Chief.

Reactions: steevo1
Upvote 0
Reactions: kcs7272 and Stigy
Upvote 0

+1

All of the Sources are probably conveying information that they themselves believe to be true. With major manufacturer, major platform, and major retailer companies involved, the actual Truth is probably only known by a very, very few. Who would not be caught dead with their IP address associated with this forum.

Edit: I'm not sure there is one actual Truth. And probably all those players are just holding on for dear life and coping as best they can. Kind of like the economy. Too many variables for anyone to actually understand how it really works.

Upvote 0
I don't know what's happening here, but I got a PM by another first hand person. I'm going to quote it and let it speak for itself. We'll call this person "Another Source". I am not on first name basis with Another Source as I am with The Source, but I'll share the info, anyway.

Yes, I did hear your responses, as well as from Early aaaand as well from The Source, who all encouraged me to keep going with all this.

I don't want to say this with certainty, but I'm almost positive Another Source is *removed by mod*

Upvote 0
note how motorola portfolio with droid razr is also after black friday....i think that just means holiday portfolio for samsung, which includes the nexus, will be after black friday

Didn't even notice that the first time around -- good catch.

I wonder if this is an advertising schedule and they don't plan on advertising the SGN and just releasing it and then advertising it for the holiday season alongside Motorola ads?

All speculation now. Shrug.

I don't want to say this with certainty, but I'm almost positive Another Source is *removed*

Any reason? Just wondering -- that'd be some nice detective work though.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones