1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

General ***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Aug 23, 2011.

1. mikepic

mikepic Well-Known Member

Haha! That's pretty awesome.

I can't even imagine how long it'd take me. I listen to music when browsing these forums and often break out in a song in the middle of reading. Then I have to go back and read it all over.

Advertisement

2. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Android Enthusiast

I can't find this theme. Got a link?

3. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

:p

Nope.

Not pathetic. We'll go with excited. Yeah, that works. (and besides, that is such a long flight)

That is a true showing of someone else who has 'mermaid moments' (the theory that something shiny can completely take you off course from what you were doing)

And Good Morning G'Nexers!

4. VJKotts

VJKotts Member

Is there a toggle to switch 4G LTE on and off? I am thinking I would switch it off while it is in my pocket to conserve battery.
    I would ask this question in the Verizon forum but nobody goes there.

5. drbugsmn

drbugsmn Android Enthusiast

Squirrel!

BabyBlues likes this.
  6. tpags

tpags Well-Known Member

Don't make me pull the car over!

7. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Tron theme for Go Launcher Ex

No wonder you couldn't find it; I forgot that they don't call it "Tron", but "Glow". It's the same thing, though.

I'm very minimalist, so my icons are different (almost invisible) and I changed the wallpaper. But the app drawer is pretty cool.

AndroiDad75 likes this.
  8. Member112085

Member112085 Guest

Am I the only one who loves Steven even more than before for being totally willing to exploit his source's drunkenness for our benefit? :D

9. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

Guys I have a really good feeling about tomorrow. Like something regarding pre-ordering.

If it comes true, remember who told you first!

Member112085 and chanop like this.
  10. Cam

Cam Android Enthusiast

Funny you said that, because I just had the same thought.:D

11. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I had the thought because my sister texted me earlier and said "Whatever happens tomorrow, don't text me at work. I mean it."

I tried calling her to clarify, but she's not picking up.

Could mean anything, I don't know. But I'm optimistic.

12. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Have you tried Sonny's ICS theme? It's brilliantly done fit and finish superb :cool:

Been running it for a couple weeks now on CM7 Inc

13. chanop

chanop Well-Known Member

This was a surprisingly good weekend for info. I share Hans optimism for big news tomorrow or this week.

14. chanop

chanop Well-Known Member

15. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

downloading it now, thanks. I'll give it a spin.

16. trav473

trav473 Android Enthusiast

Anyone notice that this thread has been viewed over half a million times????

17. BabyBlues

Nope. I love him for that too!

Hmmm. She employed the family version of 'drop & run'. Here's hoping she is giving you the heads up on good news and not a warning of stuff none of us wants to hear. Don't shoot the messenger, just trying to keep us on an even keel and not floating above the clouds.

Thanks. If I get to time to switch over to cm7 tonight it looks like I might try this one.

Travillion likes this.
  18. BabyBlues

But did we make it into the top 5 for views yet?? Phases came in this week to say we were #2 for posts but not even in top 5 for views yet

19. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Android Expert

Man, that's pretty funny your sister did you like that!, i could see my sister doing the same thing.

I hope there is good news, sounds like it could be bad and she doesn't want to answer any questions.

Travillion likes this.
  20. Ytram

Ytram Android Enthusiast

Eww, that has a negative tone to it in my mind. Like we're going to get bad news and she doesn't want you to contact her regarding it.

Could also just be that she doesn't know anything, but she'll be in front of some big-wigs and she doesn't want the scrutiny of getting 20 texts from you when a small piece of info gets leaked ;)

Hopefully she clarifies before tomorrow.

21. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I thought I'd for sure get 2,000 posts in this thread, but I don't think it's going to happen.

22. HanSolo

HanSolo Guest

I don't know. I can take it 1 of 3 ways, knowing her:

1. Pre-order or something really exciting will be officially announced by Verizon (like a definite release date or something). I am not to call her squealing like a little girl.

2. Something bad is going to happen, like Verizon will officially announce that it's not coming til December. I am not to call her crying like a little girl.

3. She will be in an important meeting and can't be bothered. I am not to call her like a whiny little girl.

It could be anything. The only reason I even thought of #2 is because in that VZ document that was comparing the RAZR, ReHound, and SGN, it said something like "in the next month we will be releasing all these phones", and not "in November we will be releasing. . .". So, does "in the next month" mean "in the next 30 days"? Or does it mean November?

I'm probably over analyzing it and it will most likely be something like #1.

BabyBlues and TheRoosevelt like this.
  23. lennydude

lennydude Android Expert

I am in agreement with some others about tomorrow.............. :):)

P3 QUOTE: "Is it Monday Yet? Damn christmas in November is taking too long, way too long."

Cam and TheRoosevelt like this.
  24. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert

My thoughts exactly. Why would you need to contact her if Verizon spilled all the beans?

Or, most likely, she's just effin with your mind, like all sisters do.

25. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert

Not when you keep leaving like a whinny little girl. :)