• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on everything that we've seen in the last 48+ hours. I think that we are looking at 11/21 web only and 11/28 in store. Obviously could be wrong... but doesn't the evidence lead to that conclusion?

The good news is that we are seeing a lot of stuff. It may not be as early as we'd like... but much better than the cold, bitter silence of last week with nothing to report. And everything that we are saying points to November in one shape or another.

The glass is half full... be thirsty my friends!

Here is the problem with the 11/21 date. WHY would VZW break tradition with the Rezound and release on 11/14, if they weren't going to release anything on 11/17? It makes no sense. They are reducing the alone time for the RAZR, their baby, for nothing? No sorry, don't buy it. SOMETHING is (or was) scheduled for the 17th. And it was scheduled for the 17th as of the Rezound announcement on the 3rd, 4 days ago.

Upvote 0
HanSolo,

Hold on! Your new Avatar -

Thanks buddy, I just put it as my profile pic instead of my ugly mug!

Based on everything that we've seen in the last 48+ hours. I think that we are looking at 11/21 web only and 11/28 in store. Obviously could be wrong... but doesn't the evidence lead to that conclusion?

The good news is that we are seeing a lot of stuff. It may not be as early as we'd like... but much better than the cold, bitter silence of last week with nothing to report. And everything that we are saying points to November in one shape or another.

The glass is half full... be thirsty my friends!

If we see it on 11/21, even it's web only, I'll be one happy camper.

Upvote 0
If it is indeed 11/21, web only makes sense. Verizon employees are not going to want to be all hands on deck the week of Thanksgiving to launch a phone. Web only for 11/21 for those that want the phone really bad and 11/28 for those that want to see it in stores and play with it before buying.

Assuming that it is web only 11/21, does anybody have an idea of the odds of getting a fedex delivery before turkey day? I've never ordered online from VZW before. It would be nice to actually have a phone before we take off to visit family wed night.

Upvote 0
Here is the problem with the 11/21 date. WHY would VZW break tradition with the Rezound and release on 11/14, if they weren't going to release anything on 11/17? It makes no sense. They are reducing the alone time for the RAZR, their baby, for nothing? No sorry, don't buy it. SOMETHING is (or was) scheduled for the 17th. And it was scheduled for the 17th as of the Rezound announcement on the 3rd, 4 days ago.

I applaud your implied optimism, but I think the flaw with your argument is that you are applying logic to Verizon's moves. :p

Upvote 0
Assuming that it is web only 11/21, does anybody have an idea of the odds of getting a fedex delivery before turkey day? I've never ordered online from VZW before. It would be nice to actually have a phone before we take off to visit family wed night.

If you order it with overnight or 2 day (normal I think) it shouldn't be a problem. I ordered a new phone for my better half just before Christmas and she received it on Christmas Eve. They ship UPS normally, not USPS.

Upvote 0

If you pay for overnight shipping (which is a Verizon option), you may get it next day. If there is a huge influx of orders and a sell-out, though, it may ship out the next day and get to you on Wednesday at some point.

Upvote 0

Why the Moto tablets on a Wednesday? Maybe the Rezound was delayed for the RAZR, not the Nexus was delayed for the Rezound?

I'm pretty sure that all of the puzzle pieces will fit together with an "Oh, that makes sense" moment when all of the deets are officially revealed.

If no presales and web only for the first week, it would not surprise me at all for VZW to casually announce the day before that the Nexus will be available online only the next day. We may not hear an official anything until right before.

Upvote 0
HanSolo,

Hold on! Your new Avatar -

I was thinking along the lines of something like this.

20081020204119!Han_Solo.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I applaud your implied optimism, but I think the flaw with your argument is that you are applying logic to Verizon's moves. :p

You don't need logic to operate on a tradition, especially one they stick to so religiously. I am not 100% discounting the 21st date, but I do believe if it does drop on the 21st as web only, we will see the UK release delayed from the 17th as well, because at that point it will be a delay of Google/Samsung's doing, not VZW. VZW had already penciled in the 17th for this phone.

Reactions: kcs7272
Upvote 0
Why the Moto tablets on a Wednesday? Maybe the Rezound was delayed for the RAZR, not the Nexus was delayed for the Rezound?

I'm pretty sure that all of the puzzle pieces will fit together with an "Oh, that makes sense" moment when all of the deets are officially revealed.

If no presales and web only for the first week, it would not surprise me at all for VZW to casually announce the day before that the Nexus will be available online only the next day. We may not hear an official anything until right before.

Why not push it to the 17th then? Sorry but I don't buy that VZW would schedule a phone release for a monday, breaking tradition, without SOMETHING preventing them from doing it that thursday instead. All of you may feel differently, but that is my opinion, and stubborn it is ;)

Reactions: IndecisiveElle
Upvote 0
They know that Europe releases on the 17th.

It has been delayed apparently.

Three different representatives of Amazon Customer Support have told me that it is not up to them and that the delay is with the supplier. Amazon will not have the product on 17th of November and they expect it on December 02. Apparently it has nothing to do with their 'batches' of releases with pre-orders.

Reactions: Travillion
Upvote 0
You don't need logic to operate on a tradition, especially one they stick to so religiously. I am not 100% discounting the 21st date, but I do believe if it does drop on the 21st as web only, we will see the UK release delayed from the 17th as well, because at that point it will be a delay of Google/Samsung's doing, not VZW. VZW had already penciled in the 17th for this phone.

Yeah, I see your point. I think that, at this point, it's like what happened with the Bionic fiasco, where they said "Coming this Summer". They waited til 2 weeks before summer was over to release it. Did they lie? No. But they hedged their bets because of whatever reason.

Their saying "coming later this year" smacks of the same thing. They're hedging their bets. Why? Who knows. I suppose it's possible that Samsung/Google are having trouble meeting launch production numbers, hence the recent delays in Europe.

Verizon is having difficulties announcing a date for a reason. At this point in time, I think the reason is because they want the RAZR to sell well. But it could be for other reasons.

Reactions: RadYOacTiVe
Upvote 0
Why not push it to the 17th then? Sorry but I don't buy that VZW would schedule a phone release for a monday, breaking tradition, without SOMETHING preventing them from doing it that thursday instead. All of you may feel differently, but that is my opinion, and stubborn it is ;)

Thanksgiving prevents the 24th - Thursday.

That is were Black Friday came into the picture originally.

Upvote 0
It has been delayed apparently.

Three different representatives of Amazon Customer Support have told me that it is not up to them and that the delay is with the supplier. Amazon will not have the product on 17th of November and they expect it on December 02. Apparently it has nothing to do with their 'batches' of releases with pre-orders.

I meant announced to be released... not actually. What else could a screen protector company base their shipping dates on?

Upvote 0

I have a feeling that we're not getting anything on the 17th, only because of the ReHound releasing that same week. Why did they move the launch to Monday? Who knows. We don't have enough info to determine the reason. It could be as simple as they're moving away from Thursdays now, or because something drastic happened.

But look at it this way. Most phone shoppers stroll into the store on a weekend, not during the week. Them releasing the RAZR on Friday gives them a full weekend all for that phone. Releasing the ReHound on a Monday and the Nexus on a Thursday won't result in any advantage for either phone. It's basically the same as releasing it on the same day. Doesn't make sense.

What does make sense is giving the ReHound a full week to sell as much as it can, and then launching the Nexus on the 21. Then, on Black Friday, you've got 3 phones to choose from.

Upvote 0
That double data promo that some are talking about, which contains info for the SGN:

verizon-double2.jpg

(From DL)

Notice they spelled it "Nexxus"?

Either Verizon has a bunch of idiots working for them, or fake leakers suck at spelling.

Not only that, but their date lines don't even line up. Look at where the RAZR and middle red bars end on 11/28, and then look at where the "Nexxus" begins on the 28th. They're not the same 11/28...

This cannot be an official Verizon document.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones