1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Official GB build out via OTA for D2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RJT185, Sep 1, 2011.

1. RJT185

RJT185 Android Enthusiast

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ckeegan

ckeegan Android Enthusiast

Since I assume I'm allowed to talk about it now...

I've been running it for about 2 days now, and the battery life improvements are ridiculous. Oddly I've heard others report worse battery life compared to Froyo, but that is the complete opposite of my experience. In fact, mine is up roughly 50%. I have the Motorola Extended Battery, but still, compared to 17 hours a few days ago?

25.75 hours, in Performance Mode, Animations on, 7 widgets that rely on data, 4 email accounts (all push), 1 hour 44 minutes of talk time (I avg 3,000 mins/month), live wallpaper, and more. 15% remaining!

Attached Files:

al3xtec likes this.
  3. lrv

lrv Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying it, and it's rooted, but I'll probably throw CM7GB over it when it's up and running on the new baseband.

4. RJT185

:) buttery smooth and FAAAAAAAST so far is my experience with the OTA. I tried to root using the D3 method that's been passed around but it didn't work. I might try again later.

Battery life so far has been pretty awesome. At over 12 Hours of moderate use with two separate 10 minute phone calls and I still have over 50% of my battery. w00t!

5. lrv

lrv Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're having good luck. The OTA wasn't much better than Froyo on my D2. To each his own, but I'll stick with custom ROM's.

6. Method320

Method320 Lurker

My battery life seems to be about the same. Also, extended battery? Is that on verizons site? o.0?

I've successfully rooted using the same method so, I'd give it another go.

7. al3xtec

al3xtec Lurker

When I try to update my phone it fails, its rooted and stock 2.2 Verizon.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to manually install the new update.

8. Method320

Method320 Lurker

Backup your phone (if you have stuff you want to keep that isnt on your sd card) wipe data/factory reset, try updating again.

9. RJT185

I keep getting split threads in my text messages, rather annoying, don't have it as dup contacts in Google, so I'm at a loss. :-/

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews