• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Official Gingerbread - missing screen off animation

I'm running the official Android 2.3.3 update for my HTC Desire Z, and despite all the buzz, I can't seem to find where to activate my screen off animation. My phone is unrooted, but I'm pretty sure the animation was part of the stock update. I'm using WidgetLocker and Launcher Pro, but I don't think either contribute to my several missing Gingerbread features, like the keyboard. (My soft keyboard was exactly the same in theme and feel and touch to 2.2 Froyo)

Am I wrong? Or is there a special setting I'll need to activate first? Or do I need to do a hard reset?

Thanks for any help in advance.

I think only nexus phones and rooted phones get it.

Which screen off animation? The one that looks like an older TV switching itself off?

Unfortunately, I don't think that was part of the release, it certainly wasn't when my Desire HD was upgraded to Gingerbread anyway so I presume the Desire Z will be the same :(.

Yes, I was referring to the old TV CRT animation. So other phone users won't get it unless we're rooted? That's no good... Not even the improved keyboard that google OFFICIALLY advertised up the sky? I thought the official update rwn pretty much the same for most phones...

Thanks for the info guys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones