1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

official gingerbread update soon.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dhi29, Apr 24, 2012.

1. dhi29

dhi29 Newbie

i just called virgin mobile and flat out asked if the triumph will get gingerbread, and they told me yes with the next few months.
    The lady i talked to then forwarded me to android tech support who confirmed that virgin mobile will be sending out text messages to people to upgrade to gingerbread.

MikeRL, gatomalo321, JarGnex and 10 others like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Subzer0

Subzer0 Android Enthusiast

Well that's good news! Thanks dhi29!

3. medmansri

medmansri Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it.

In the mean time, I'm moving to HTC Amaze.

4. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Android Expert

Sounds cool i hope they're really do make that update :)

JarGnex and guiitardude like this.
  5. sexymandroid

sexymandroid Guest

So a year without a single update. I really do hope the rumors of the Evo 3D coming to Virgin are true.

Flaminsane and guiitardude like this.
  6. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

This phone hasn't been out a full year yet. I understand your sentiment, but it was released in July. ;)
    I am looking at some other options, but I am not in a hurry. With the custom ROMs available, it is a fairly solid device. I am more disappointed in VM than the phone itself.

7. sexymandroid

sexymandroid Guest

I'm assuming by the time the update (if there is one) would come out after the phone has been out a full year. Like a Q3 release date.

Anywho, I'm not saying this is a bad phone. I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't like it. But I don't want to own something that gets released with such a terrible lack of support from the both the Manufacturer and Carrier. Not to say I expect much from either of the two, but to wait an extraneous amount of time to update a phone with so many glitches and faults around it is appalling. The fact that random people compiled onto the internet to do the job that these people should be doing speaks a great deal about Virgin Mobile and Motorola.

guiitardude likes this.
  8. novak921

novak921 Well-Known Member

I agree with you agent, my disappointment sits with VM. Atleast they've been doing a decent job of handling all the returns they're getting.

Let me know if you do decide to switch though Agent, I may not be far behind :rolleyes:

~Novak

9. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

Hmmm interesting... Is VM changing? :eek: For the better it seems... Updates on the OV and now maybe the MT. Price change for new phones bought in 2012 (may seem bad, but think about it). Interesting... Well in any case if VM does actually update the MT I may have to get a new digitizer for mine then.

10. marcusi23

marcusi23 Well-Known Member

you know what **** gingerbread its took to long for this update while we wasn't really worried about gingerbread we just wanted some fixes. and know since one v will be probably available in the next month or two, and evo 3d more than likely by the summer with one v coming with 4.o and evo 3d is i believed said to be getting 4.0 soon. give me 4.0 lol for my pain and suffering lol. but i believe it when i see it because ive been getting a lot of bullshit from vm. they could be saying that to take of breather of everyone complaining lol.

11. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert

Well, the reason their updating is because they're getting brand new set of phones in the summer and it has already been more than 8 months since release. They'll update probably a month after the new phones come out...

guiitardude likes this.
  12. FrenchToast

FrenchToast Well-Known Member

You guys seem to be ignoring the fact that the "new" phone definitely coming to Virgin is the LG Optimus Elite, which isn't really an upgrade.

guiitardude likes this.
  13. marcusi23

marcusi23 Well-Known Member

NO since its already confirmed that virgin mobile and boostmobile will be getting sprints wimax service because sprint is moving on to LTE. Which means virgin mobile will be getting a 4g phone which is the htc one v and sprint is sending down the htc evo 3d.

14. AtticTRON

AtticTRON Android Enthusiast

Last I heard that was all speculation. Do you have any source?

15. FrenchToast

FrenchToast Well-Known Member

It is a speculation/rumor, its just really believed to be true.

guiitardude likes this.
  16. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

Yea what AtticTRON said. Sprint has not confirmed anything about their prepaid counterparts getting WiMAX... If you have some more info on this then a link would be helpful :).

FrenchToast likes this.
  17. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

If i recall right isnt the not having an update for this phone a issue that came about because motorola wont release the source code or driver info for this phone to anyone

im pretty sure i read somewhere that that was the issue, and if thats so it would make sense, cause then the android team would have todo what the devs do here, workarounds, tweaks and other drivers to get the hardware to work correctly for the next android OS, which technically isnt there job to have todo, motorola should be sending them anything they need in order to make this phone acceptable and recieve updates

i mean yea VM could try and push them to update, or threaten to drop their phones from the service but its Motorola, i doubt they'd even flinch at a threat of that nature lol

**i could be wrong, been so long since ive read up on it lol **

18. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

That has nothing to do with it... Motorola would be the one making the update and they have full source code for the phone... The source code would help devs here make roms though, but that's all. It has nothing to do with an official update.

19. marc12868

marc12868 Android Expert

20. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert

well thats what i was kinda saying, its not on virgin mobile to make the updates for our phones

but knowing motorola around where im at they never fix anything

the city i live in actually has had large beefs with motorola lol over police walkie talkies which stopped working for more then a month and motorola reportedly "didnt have the time to look into it yet" lol equalling almost 2 months of police officers that could only communicate thru cell phones lol

21. tlopez1973

tlopez1973 Well-Known Member

very true

22. Neptik

Neptik Newbie

i remember reading something a couple months ago about usa vm having a 4g phone sometime in the future. (cant say when because i dont know) and if MT gets a gb upgrade in a few months, im sure that cm9 is going to be way better by then, no doubt.

23. lifeblows10

lifeblows10 Android Enthusiast

Good job VM, right as I decide I need to start looking for more options... you try to amaze me once again.

I guess I'll stick around long enough to see what they do. I know for a fact I want to see an "official" update to 2.3, just to see if anything gets "patched."

guiitardude likes this.
  24. b_randon14

b_randon14 Android Expert

I for one would love to see an update to gingerbread. Then we could have a better working cm7! And hopefully they will release more source to us this time!!

guiitardude and lifeblows10 like this.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews