• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root official hard bricked

JayBondzeWell

Android Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2011
So hello, i believe my phone has officially been hard bricked.
How it happened: So i was looking at the runtimes and saw ART- wondered what it could be and researched, seemed pretty cool with the information of improvements but risk of instability but decided to try. (located under developer options).
Well, phone starts to a blank screen and hasn't been back on since :(
things i have tried, i know the firmware for our USA version isn't out but i have been trying other methods. USing lg tools 2014- i have gotten the phone to go to 49% where it says binary doesn't match and stops there. (using firmwares of the d390n, and others from tle lg firmware page)
Using lg support tool- i have gotten tried the upgrade recovery but it will not download the firmware, just remains blank forever.
other than waiting for the firmware to be released, what can be done now?
Much appreciation in advance

So hello, i believe my phone has officially been hard bricked.
How it happened: So i was looking at the runtimes and saw ART- wondered what it could be and researched, seemed pretty cool with the information of improvements but risk of instability but decided to try. (located under developer options).
Well, phone starts to a blank screen and hasn't been back on since :(
things i have tried, i know the firmware for our USA version isn't out but i have been trying other methods. USing lg tools 2014- i have gotten the phone to go to 49% where it says binary doesn't match and stops there. (using firmwares of the d390n, and others from tle lg firmware page)
Using lg support tool- i have gotten tried the upgrade recovery but it will not download the firmware, just remains blank forever.
other than waiting for the firmware to be released, what can be done now?
Much appreciation in advance

I'm not sure why your flashing stuff that may have different radios than the US variant...

Can you boot into download mode by holding pow+volDown and plugging in a mini usb? If successful you could boot into twrp (via com commands from the lg root folder you obtained for rooting the device originally) and factory reset. It may as well be permanently bricked if download mode doesn't work. If the data in the phone is important to you, there may be another way but seeing as the phone is not bootlooping and is just a brick now, simply changing back to dalvik runtime isn't gonna be the answer to your problems.

You may also want to try flashing a stock boot image and see if it can boot after you've succesfully tried to get into twrp.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones