• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories [OFFICIAL] HTC Incredible Accessories Archive Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another satisfied customer here. Works and fits nice in both Eris and Incredible and I am getting very good battery life.

Ryobi, did you call them or try to get a replacement? None of my business of course, but they seem pretty amendable to making things right.

P.S. You are correct that it is a hair thicker but nothing that affected fitment.

When I sent an email about the problem they asked for a picture. I sent them several of the gap in the back cover on the Eris. The email I received back gave me an rma number, that's it. When I called the next day the options were this.
1. Send it back, no explanation from seidio why I was having this problem, no replacement offered.
2. Buy a cover for the phone at a discount and live with the gap.
3. Buy the monster (3500) with a discount.

Both discounts offered were 10%

That was it. I said screw it. If you guys think that's great customer service, whatever. I for one do not.

Upvote 0
Why do you have to turn the phone off? Just unplug, wait 30 seconds, plug back in. Works fine for me.

Correct..

I think the problem lies in the fact that the phone cannot be powered by the USB cable alone. Someone had started a poll thread about this a while back. If you take the battery out and plug the phone into power, it will not turn on. Every other cell phone I have owned would work with power and no battery, the Incredible does not. That is also why we saw reports of the battery going dead while charging when the owners were playing with the phones.

I would imagine that HTC did this to keep it from pulling so much current that it shuts down the USB ports on computers, or it was simply poor design.

In any case, when we plug in our phones at night, it goes into a 1.5 to two hour charge cycle and then stops. At that point, the phone is being powered off the battery and not the USB cable. If it were being powered via USB, then there would be zero drain on the battery and when we pulled it off in the morning we would see 100% battery. However, in my case, I was plugging the charger in at 11 PM. At about 12:30 AM it would finish charging, then I would pull it off at 7:30 AM. That was 7 hours on battery.

That is why turning the phone off while charging gets it to 100%. Since the phone is off, it does not use the battery at the end of the charge cycle.

So we were seeing an "artificial" power drain since the usage counters start when the plug is pulled rather than when the battery finishes charging.

LiPo's do not trickle charge, they use a constant current charge method. A constant current is applied until a minimum voltage level is reaced in the cell and then it cuts off. That is it...

So I have started using the unplug / plug method as soon as I get up. That way, by the time I am ready to holster my weapon, it has a nice top-off charge. This will not "over-charge" the battery as I have seen claimed. If you over-charge a LiPo, you will know it. It will blow up like a baloon and if it pops, you are in for a world of hurt and destruction. That is why they have an on-board circuit that maintains a safe charge temperature and level. That is the safety in case the charger circuit were to fail and go into a continuous charge mode...

So that is the way it is with the incredible.... Annoyance? Yes... Deal-Breaker? Not for me...

Upvote 0
Woo Hoo!!! Got the sleeve this morning.

Its a nice tight fit. Unlike others that's what I want. When I turn the sleeve upsidedown - with the phone inside - it doesn't slip out. And since its neoprene it should have an impact zone in case it falls. Cushioning the phone (unlike a hard case).

It is neoprene...and should stretch.....but I do not want to do it until I get the extended battery. I would rather the phone always be snug. I wouldn't want to over loosen it.

Now here is hoping the extended battery's extra mm won't cause it not to fit in the OEM Car Holster (it does look like there is a little space (hopefully enough for that). And with my Steinheil on the way that should take care of everything.

Upvote 0
When I sent an email about the problem they asked for a picture. I sent them several of the gap in the back cover on the Eris. The email I received back gave me an rma number, that's it. When I called the next day the options were this.
1. Send it back, no explanation from seidio why I was having this problem, no replacement offered.

That was it. I said screw it. If you guys think that's great customer service, whatever. I for one do not.

They've offered to help you out personally - did you even PM him?

http://androidforums.com/htc-incred...-1500mah-htc-droid-incredible.html#post713458

Upvote 0
Correct..

I think the problem lies in the fact that the phone cannot be powered by the USB cable alone. Someone had started a poll thread about this a while back. If you take the battery out and plug the phone into power, it will not turn on. Every other cell phone I have owned would work with power and no battery, the Incredible does not. That is also why we saw reports of the battery going dead while charging when the owners were playing with the phones.

I would imagine that HTC did this to keep it from pulling so much current that it shuts down the USB ports on computers, or it was simply poor design.

In any case, when we plug in our phones at night, it goes into a 1.5 to two hour charge cycle and then stops. At that point, the phone is being powered off the battery and not the USB cable. If it were being powered via USB, then there would be zero drain on the battery and when we pulled it off in the morning we would see 100% battery. However, in my case, I was plugging the charger in at 11 PM. At about 12:30 AM it would finish charging, then I would pull it off at 7:30 AM. That was 7 hours on battery.

That is why turning the phone off while charging gets it to 100%. Since the phone is off, it does not use the battery at the end of the charge cycle.

So we were seeing an "artificial" power drain since the usage counters start when the plug is pulled rather than when the battery finishes charging.

LiPo's do not trickle charge, they use a constant current charge method. A constant current is applied until a minimum voltage level is reaced in the cell and then it cuts off. That is it...

So I have started using the unplug / plug method as soon as I get up. That way, by the time I am ready to holster my weapon, it has a nice top-off charge. This will not "over-charge" the battery as I have seen claimed. If you over-charge a LiPo, you will know it. It will blow up like a baloon and if it pops, you are in for a world of hurt and destruction. That is why they have an on-board circuit that maintains a safe charge temperature and level. That is the safety in case the charger circuit were to fail and go into a continuous charge mode...

So that is the way it is with the incredible.... Annoyance? Yes... Deal-Breaker? Not for me...

Very nice explanation but how do account for the fact that the battery rapidly falls back to lower 90% percent within a half an hour right after it reaches 100%.

At work I had the phone plugged in via USB and unplugged it right when I noticed it charged to 100%. Battery drained right back down just like when I unplug it in the morning when I wake up.

Upvote 0

You should have returned it right away and you would have had a full refund.

But enough is enough. You are the first to make it on my ignore list. Congratulations!

The gross picture of the boy with no body hair was the deciding factor.

Upvote 0
Very nice explanation but how do account for the fact that the battery rapidly falls back to lower 90% percent within a half an hour right after it reaches 100%.

At work I had the phone plugged in via USB and unplugged it right when I noticed it charged to 100%. Battery drained right back down just like when I unplug it in the morning when I wake up.

I actually noticed the exact opposite of this at work. That was after I had come to the misconclusion that my battery was defective. At work I had plugged it in for a spot charge and I pulled it when it went green and my stock battery stayed at 100% for 30+ minutes..

Upvote 0
I actually noticed the exact opposite of this at work. That was after I had come to the misconclusion that my battery was defective. At work I had plugged it in for a spot charge and I pulled it when it went green and my stock battery stayed at 100% for 30+ minutes..

Well, I'll try again today and double check if my mind was playing games with me. Right now I'm at 97% so I'll keep a close eye and unplug at 100%. I'm thinking now that I usually unplug it at work to talk on the phone or to take a break and read the news outside. Both heavy battery drainers so I'll have to test it out without unplugging to heavy use.

Upvote 0
I, like many of you, ordered from the SGPStore on Monday as soon as I noticed the Steinheils were in stock (around 1:00 pm EST). I sent a response to their support team about when the orders would be shipping, and below is the response that I received this morning.

Hello,
Thank you for contacting SGP customer service.

Our 100 of stock was gone just in few mins. We never expected that happen. our second shippment will be available in end of this week.
We will ship out on next Monday.

I didn't ask about canceling an order, but I could foresee that as my next question assuming next Monday comes and goes sans shipment.

Upvote 0
Correct..

I actually came to this same conclusion and brought it up in one of the battery threads last week, and was quickly dismissed for some reason. I still think it's true and agree with you.

I also use Timeriffic to put my phone into Airplane mode while I sleep, so the battery drain overnight is not so extreme.

Also, these batteries are also designed for a compromise between capacity and longevity. For example, the batteries in a Prius only charge from 40-80%. The engineers have determined this to be the optimal range for longevity. Different battery technologies from cell phones, I know, but the design theory remains true.

Upvote 0
Please PM your order #. I will follow up and make sure it will be done in a timely manner.

Sorry about the problem.

Seidio

I am having a HUGE problem with seidio!! I ordered the home cradle, the car dock, the 2600 mah battery, and the extended battery case and holster combo for my moto droid for a total of $170. My car dock and battery turned out to be defective so i needed to send them back for replacement. When i called to get all this handled they said that i would have to send them back to get them exchanged. Since I lost my oem battery and couldnt do with out my phone for the two plus weeks that it would take to resolve this issue so I had to buy another battery for an additional $69. This time it was not a 2600 mah but the new 2800 mah battery. They discontinued the 2600 mah which leads me to believe that they were known to be defective. The girl I was doing the order with said that when the items are received I would be refunded the $69 that I had to spend for the new battery. Now I get my shipping invoice for the defective items that were being replaced and returned and low and behold they are shipping me another 2800 mah battery, the one I was supposed to be refunded for. So I called today to inquire why the battery was being shipped and they said it was my replacement. I explained to them the situation and that when they recieved the defective battery that i sent back the girl I spoke with before said I would get my refund. They said thats not how their system works. So now I have to box the new battery that they are sending me back up and send it right back to them in order to get my refund. WTF why not just keep it at seidio in the first place and refund my money??? Now I have to pay to turn around and put this new battery right bach in the box and ship it right back to them. So now I have to pay to send things back to them twice!!! Who's getting screwed here?? That would be me!! I now have the Droid Incredible and would like to get the seidio extended battery for it, but i'll be darned... they wont get another penny from me, this is NOT what customer service is about.

Upvote 0
You should have returned it right away and you would have had a full refund.

But enough is enough. You are the first to make it on my ignore list. Congratulations!

The gross picture of the boy with no body hair was the deciding factor.
Bro, don't tell me what to do, really. It's none of your business.

And I'm really proud that I made your list. Sheesh, talk about acting like a 2 year old.

Upvote 0
The seidio is an overpriced, underpowered, oversized POS for sure.

Where I get my info from? LOL..... I don't know where I get it from except I own the seidio. I've had it in my Eris and now the Inc. Waste of cash.

It doesn't fit. Not enough extended juice for the price. Isn't worth the price. Is that simple enough for you?
I'm not taking sides here because I sincerely feel there isn't enough factual info out there to make a decision either way, but I think statements such as the quoted above bear examination. The reason everybody seems to be hating on you isn't that you dislike the Seidio battery, it's that you present your opinions as fact. The parts I've bolded are your opinions, your value judgments- which you're more than entitled to. However, to some, $50 for the small increase is more than worth it. If you want your opinions respected, you need to respect others' as well.

Now, back to the battery... :) Is it oversized? I'm inclined to believe yes. In addition to the anecdotal evidence posted here and in other threads, my experience with Seidio's 1500 mAh battery in my old Touch tells me that they probably push the size tolerances to the absolute limit. Each person will have their own idea of what is acceptable in this regard, but it seems to be a fact of life if you want more capacity in the "same" size. As for the capacity, I'll reserve judgment until better tests come out. Again, my anecdotal evidence leads me to believe that it probably will provide some improvement.

This whole mess reminds me of what we went through before the Incredible came out. Without cut-and-dried facts, we all had our little pet beliefs and hopes. We have some interesting evidence about the size and capacity of this battery, but precious few facts (i.e. repeatable tests of size and capacity with a large sample size). Until we get them, it's important we respect each others' opinions.

Everybody else... take a step back, take a deep breath... It's only a battery. :)

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with Verizon. The rep actually saw the 2150 MAH battery and cover available at $59.99, just when he was about to actually place the order it didnt let him. Darn... But at least that proves that its right around the corner..

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Hopefully this is a sign that they will have them in stock in the near future. When I asked if they could call or e-mail me when they arrived, Verizon, showing superior customer service, replied "No, we don't do that."
Could have been worse I guess, he could have force installed an Ap Killer :)

Upvote 0
I'm not taking sides here because I sincerely feel there isn't enough factual info out there to make a decision either way, but I think statements such as the quoted above bear examination. The reason everybody seems to be hating on you isn't that you dislike the Seidio battery, it's that you present your opinions as fact. The parts I've bolded are your opinions, your value judgments- which you're more than entitled to. However, to some, $50 for the small increase is more than worth it. If you want your opinions respected, you need to respect others' as well.

Now, back to the battery... :) Is it oversized? I'm inclined to believe yes. In addition to the anecdotal evidence posted here and in other threads, my experience with Seidio's 1500 mAh battery in my old Touch tells me that they probably push the size tolerances to the absolute limit. Each person will have their own idea of what is acceptable in this regard, but it seems to be a fact of life if you want more capacity in the "same" size. As for the capacity, I'll reserve judgment until better tests come out. Again, my anecdotal evidence leads me to believe that it probably will provide some improvement.

This whole mess reminds me of what we went through before the Incredible came out. Without cut-and-dried facts, we all had our little pet beliefs and hopes. We have some interesting evidence about the size and capacity of this battery, but precious few facts (i.e. repeatable tests of size and capacity with a large sample size). Until we get them, it's important we respect each others' opinions.

Everybody else... take a step back, take a deep breath... It's only a battery. :)

My fact for the oversized comment was posted as a picture of the gap in one of the other threads.

My fact for it being underpowered are that it's rated at 1750. Is it really 1750 in that size. Me thinks no based on what I saw when using the battery extensively. Reading comments from others stating there is no way to fit 1750 in the same size as a 1300.

My fact for it being overpriced are directly related to the 2 above statements

Upvote 0
The incredible's battery cover is cheaply designed and a pain to remove. I imagine if you don't use extreme care each time you will wear out or break the plastic and have to get a new one. You can't just pop in a new battery willy nilly unfortunately.

Yeah, they could have at least used some spring loaded release... not just a friction lock.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones