• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny that they say pre-ordering is online only, but the Call Centers are taking them as well.
I understand the desire to have everyone order online, they don't get all the same plan options, and may make some changes...If you actually speak to customer service they do everything they can to keep you in your old plan (if you get a good rep). They would be stupid to deny users to order over the phone, that would just result in lost sales.

Upvote 0
God, you really hate this phone!! :thinking:

So I should focus on the positives and ignore the negatives?

If I hated the device, I would have not put the word "disprove" in my note ;)

I only hate iPhones and soon, the wPhone (aka WP7). Any device that forces file transfer through a special software interface is pure evil to me.

Perspective: I love my G1 and N900 and they both have a bunch of faults. Then again, if the the N900 was on Verzion and used Android, it would be perfect! :) Tmo coverage is depressing.

Biggie for me is several reviews point out the reception is much weaker than the Droid. Two bars weaker.

Reactions: JMKosmo
Upvote 0
I'm sure someone has asked this in the past 800 pages or so, but I want to see if anyone has done this recently. Is anyone trying to add a $9.99 line because you aren't due for an upgrade? This may be my best option right now, but I want to make sure that I can activate the Incredible to my line and drop the data on the extra line without any problems. If you have done this recently or are planning to do this now, let me know what you think. I was reading another thread last night, and there were conflicting answers given.

I believe this will work. I think someone way back when said they did this and as soon as they put a dumb phone on the extra line it automatically dropped the data plan.

Upvote 0
I saw some people asking about upgrading your current plan before you pre-order. I'm not sure if they were addressed yet or not so stop me if you've heard this already...

I have the ACII family plan. I'm not the primary line (so i'm not sure if this is the key difference here) but I was able to pre-order the inc (on-line) and add the 29.99 data plan with no problem. I did not have to upgrade to a newer family plan. Now if I was the primary line I don't know if that would be different.

Just thought i'd toss this out there.

HAPPY OFFICIAL DROID INC PRE-ORDER DAY!!!

Reactions: kayst
Upvote 0
Hey Incredible Kids! Happy Monday! <---Usually that would be an oxymoron, but not this week...Pre-Order Day has arrived at last! :D

Just placed my order as well. Haven't even watched any of the review vids yet! Was happy to see retail is $70 less than we thought it would be. Still, $529.99 for me :( I was able to bill the entire amount to my account though, so that dulls the pain a bit - it at least gives me time to sell my Eris and my old LG enV3. Plus, I still have the $100 rebate to mail in for the Eris! So all in all, it's not *that* bad.

Upvote 0
Hey Incredible Kids! Happy Monday! <---Usually that would be an oxymoron, but not this week...Pre-Order Day has arrived at last! :D

Just placed my order as well. Haven't even watched any of the review vids yet! Was happy to see retail is $70 less than we thought it would be. Still, $529.99 for me :( I was able to bill the entire amount to my account though, so that dulls the pain a bit - it at least gives me time to sell my Eris and my old LG enV3. Plus, I still have the $100 rebate to mail in for the Eris! So all in all, it's not *that* bad.
I got lucky and they put me into the 2yr pricing as an annual upgrade. I didn't get the NE2 $50 or w/e but I'll take 2yr pricing ANYDAY over paying full retail. Since this bad boy has the 1Ghz processor I don't foresee the need to upgrade again for at the very least another year.

Upvote 0
just ordered my incredible and only paid $229.99 plus tax (1 yr contract), so no mail in rebate for me! And now I play the waiting game... BTW, anyone want to buy an Eris????
When you ordered did you do it over the phone or Internet? If you did it over the phone, did they make it sound like it would be shipping this week? lol my rep was like "You should have this by tomorrow" I didn't want to question it and risk screwing something up, but w/e.

Upvote 0
When you ordered did you do it over the phone or Internet? If you did it over the phone, did they make it sound like it would be shipping this week? lol my rep was like "You should have this by tomorrow" I didn't want to question it and risk screwing something up, but w/e.

Hmm... if that does indeed pan out (please let us know) I wonder if those of us who did online orders will be treated to the same early delivery. :)

Upvote 0
After all this waiting I find VZW to be expensive as hell for a single person. To keep my current setup + data I'm looking at about $150 vs $75 currently.

Screwed by vzw by not letting my current plan carry over. As much as I hate to I'll be looking into another provider if I decide my smart phone needs outweigh my service everywhere I go needs.

ty vzw! :mad:

Upvote 0
i've got one gripe on this phone... you can see the capacitive touch screen "dots" on the screen itself. I thought that was old technology? Part of the droid being so nice is that you can't visibly see them.

kinda ugly for an otherwise beautiful phone.

htc-droid-incredible-gallery-1.jpg

Upvote 0
So I should focus on the positives and ignore the negatives?

If I hated the device, I would have not put the word "disprove" in my note ;)

I only hate iPhones and soon, the wPhone (aka WP7). Any device that forces file transfer through a special software interface is pure evil to me.

Perspective: I love my G1 and N900 and they both have a bunch of faults. Then again, if the the N900 was on Verzion and used Android, it would be perfect! :) Tmo coverage is depressing.

Biggie for me is several reviews point out the reception is much weaker than the Droid. Two bars weaker.

Just wondering. I have read more reviews that said the network/signal was perfect than the few that have said they had problems with the signal. There's a positive. :)

Upvote 0
I got a surprise today. [back story] I got my present phone 4/16/09 (Omnia), and NE2 was then reset to 12/16/10. In 10/09 I was told I am in the VIP pgm and can get a new phn on 4/16/10 if I pay $50 extra, or the regular NE2 on 12/16/10. On 4/3/10 I called to verify the VIP thing and was told the VIP pgm was cancelled and the 4/16/10 1yr upgrade was no longer avail to me, and my NE2 date was still 12/16/10. I bitched and they moved the date to 11/01/10 (6 weeks better).

Today I go online to my account and hit 'Upgrade Now' (just in case?). It tells me I can upgrade! and with no $50 or anything. I thought it was a glitch of some sort because of the VIP on/off, so I called 611. They agreed with the web site. I ordered it online fine for $199+tax. Way cool!

Upvote 0
I saw some people asking about upgrading your current plan before you pre-order. I'm not sure if they were addressed yet or not so stop me if you've heard this already...

I have the ACII family plan. I'm not the primary line (so i'm not sure if this is the key difference here) but I was able to pre-order the inc (on-line) and add the 29.99 data plan with no problem. I did not have to upgrade to a newer family plan. Now if I was the primary line I don't know if that would be different.

Just thought i'd toss this out there.

I AM the PRIMARY line on an America's Choice II plan and I didn't have any problems pre-ordering the phone and just adding the data plan!

Reactions: kayst
Upvote 0
So I was looking and to get the Incredible I lose Unlimited Texting for 5000 texting for the same price..... Alltel plans do not carry over. looks like no Incredible for me. Sprints everything for $69 vs over $100 for vzw is looking better. Any input on this? Can the stores keep my current plan?

There was talk that the Sprint 4G would be more expensive but any suggestion at pricing would still just be a guess. They may offer it at the $69 price as introductory...but probably not for long.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones