1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Anonimac, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Gator

Gator Newbie

Pre ordered! $104 with tax :) Now I need to figure out what SD card I need, can anyone point me to a thread that is suggesting SD cards, I figure I could just go browse through newegg but maybe people can save me the time. Back to work, but what a happy monday.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Android Enthusiast

I dont think its coincidence that BGR (iPhone fanboy) is the only one to say this is an issue and the only one with a screen shot of it ... I'm not claiming photoshop...but I think they tried really hard to find something to put people off this phone. In the other regular screen shots there is no sign of this.

3. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Android Enthusiast

OK, so I ordered my phone...I took the day off work...now to go catch up on all the sleep I missed since December when I started hunting this beast down!

4. buffalo

buffalo Newbie

You must not have the 4 kids I have (Incredible will not change my very limited texting).

5. MathewS81

MathewS81 Android Enthusiast

Preorders are online only, unless you got to Best Buy. You can transfer your contacts yourself. Just back them up on the Verizon website. Then, when you get your Incredible you can transfer them over.

6. Isror

Isror Android Enthusiast

Unless your using a gmail account and all of your contacts will sync once you enter your account info (For those of us coming off Moto Droids ect).

7. TheBigD

TheBigD Newbie

100 NE2
    100 VZW Giftcard - given to me as a gift
    100 Instant Rebate

8. burner79

burner79 Member

Everything Data - with Any Mobile, Anytime from Sprint

$69.99 I think I could deal with evo and roam vzw towers. When I started this I was ensured all I had to do was add a data plan.

9. Skyfox16

Skyfox16 Well-Known Member

I planned on just getting one of these...

Mini Car Cigarette Lighter to USB Charger For iPod MP3 - eBay (item 370350544242 end time May-15-10 04:06:56 PDT)

that way i can charge anything USB in my car.... and its smaller.... and if you'd like they make different colors lol....
    plus you can get an extra 1M USB cable for a penny on amazon.com.... so its cheaper even

10. Isror

Isror Android Enthusiast

I can't stand BGR for the most part but if this phone really looks like this I may be foreseeing a return in its imminent future

11. Mr. Spontaneous

Mr. Spontaneous Android Enthusiast

Do you have a source for this? I only ask because I'll be switching from BIS to the normal data plan, and don't want to be find myself suddenly without data between now and getting the Inc.

Congrats! I'll be pulling the unsubsidized trigger this afternoon. Glad to see I'm not the only one...

Good morning, everyone. I hope you have an INCREDIBLE day!

12. robbob533

robbob533 Lurker

Hey All, I preordered mine yesterday at the Best Buy Store I work at. It is funny because the one sales rep that I spoke to yesterday before the store opened said she didn't know anything about it but all the other reps did. I can't wait to pick mine up. Everyone enjoy your new phone when you get it.
    Thanks for all of the info.
    Robbob

13. Mr. Spontaneous

Mr. Spontaneous Android Enthusiast

I have the same "issue" on my Storm 1. I quote "issue" because it's only visible under special lighting conditions and in no way detracts from the experience.

14. Isror

Isror Android Enthusiast

What are they doing using a black light while taking pictures?

sqlgeek likes this.
  15. w0rdie

w0rdie Member

So in a couple hours I'll get a bit of hands on time with the Incredible... are there any questions the reviews that have been posted have left unanswered? Perhaps I can help out...

16. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Android Enthusiast

I was one of those who said we had to change over to Nationwide plans when buying Incredibles. I can't speak for other people, but I was basing it on what I saw on the website when I played "practice order" with the Droid (yeah, I'm that nerdy).

A few posts later, someone corrected me. He'd been able to do the same thing without changing his plan.

Well, I pre-ordered the phone last night, and just like the guy said, I didn't have to change my plan. Awesome.

I listened to another poster and talked to a Verizon rep before ordering. After about four minutes on the line, she gave me a $90 credit for my second line (to help make up for NOT getting ANOTHER extra $100 discount). Someone else posted a link to Verizon's corporate discount page. Knocked off a good $30 off my monthly bill with that one. On top of that, I ordered the generic MicroUSB car charger another poster suggested instead of the one Verizon was offering. That one saved me about $20.

These forums have been berry, berry good to me :).

17. eipee73

eipee73 Android Enthusiast

Has anyone actually pre-ordered through a CSR as opposed to online?

I called VZW on Friday and asked them to move my upgrade date from 5/12 to 4/29 and they complied. Now I would like to be able to call them and preorder it since I won't get it until the 29th anyways. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance :-D

18. gatt

gatt Newbie

anyone have handy the link to available Verizon corporate discounts?

19. Brad52

Brad52 Newbie

A thorough multitouch test perhaps? The reviews I have read so far only mentioned touchscreen responsiveness, not testing it for the multitouch issues other HTC phones have had. Know it is supposed to be gone, but additional confirmation would be great!

20. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Android Enthusiast

I've got a weird one:

A few reviews said the phone felt "plasticky." I have no idea what that means. Could you compare the way the body feels to another phone that's already out there, like the Eris or the iPhone?

21. pequeajim

pequeajim Android Enthusiast

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get a $100.00 gift card?

22. Colchicine

Colchicine Android Expert

As simple as this sounds, I would like you to check its operation in landscape mode. The reviews I've seen today are all using it in portrait, even typing. On one review, the guy couldn't get it go portrait and said nevermind.

23. w0rdie

w0rdie Member

I should be able to test that. I haven't experienced the N1 bug first hand but I'll have them both side by side so I should be able to compare and contrast.

Brad52 likes this.
  24. NightStalker

NightStalker Member

I mean no disrespect to those preordering online, but I have a feeling that people are going to start walking out of Verizon stores with the Incredible early next week. I'm pretty sure there have been reports on this forum that this has happened in the past with other phones. Something tells me that there will be a lot of people on this site next week that already have their incredible.

25. YamiYaiba

YamiYaiba Well-Known Member

Oh. My. God. I haven't had time to read since early Friday. Crap. I've got a LOT of catching up to do. After all, how else can I maintain that I've read every post since the beginning of this thread?

Also, Happy Pre-Order Day!

EDIT: Also, everyone vote for AF in the Wifefly Blog Awards. At the time of this edit, we're in first place by ONLY THREE VOTES. Let's do this guys and gals!

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews