• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, I don't remember hearing about a TV Out accessory for the phone before. I'll have to look into that!

One of the accessories mentioned in the launch guide is the tv-out cable with the component outputs at one end and the plug for the droid on the other.

This is my first non-BB. Has this feature appeared on another phone before? The main use I see for it is just taping someone doing something embarrassing and then giving them the big-screen play back.

Upvote 0
PEOPLE either help someone out when they post the same question everyone has heard over and over or don't. You can easily just not read it, there isn't going to be a lot of useful information on this thread right now. There is no reason to be dicks, not everyone has the time to read all 900 pages of this thread.

This is a forum, where people will ask questions, sure you have heard it over and over again, oh well. Lets all be polite, just answer or don't it is that simple.

To whom it may concern, yes it is normal for your message from Verizon to say it is pending or waiting for phone availability.

Oh and Yes, I know in another page or two I will answer this again. Does that matter? No, I will gladly answer again.

END RANT!

Upvote 0
One of the accessories mentioned in the launch guide is the tv-out cable with the component outputs at one end and the plug for the droid on the other.

This is my first non-BB. Has this feature appeared on another phone before? The main use I see for it is just taping someone doing something embarrassing and then giving them the big-screen play back.

Hopefully they will offer an HDMI cable as well. Anyone that is drooling over this phone will likely want one instead of component.

Upvote 0

Is it Component or Composite? The article I saw said composite, but I know how often people mix the two of them up.

Upvote 0
The PRECIOUS!!!!

Went to a verizon store today and they had the PRECIOUS!!! I got to play with it a bit and talk to the sales rep. The lens for the camera is DEFINITELY INSET!! Checked it out myself. She said there will be plenty on Thursday and feel free to call her that morning so she can get the paperwork started before we arrive!

The back of the phones shape does in no way adversely affect the feel of it in the hand. It's not to heavy, not too light... just perfect! Screen is bright. Phone is super fast!

I can't wait till Thursday!!!!!

oooh now I know what I'm going to do on my lunch break right now!

Upvote 0
Hopefully they will offer an HDMI cable as well. Anyone that is drooling over this phone will likely want one instead of component.

I just checked, and it's not a component cable, it's a composite cable. Analog, and not HD. It will be 480p at the most. DVD quality. If you have an HDTV, I hope it upscales well (or is small).

Upvote 0
I called my local Verizon store to see if they have a demo unit since I will be right next door in a few. They said yes we do have a demo unit in store, I was like sweet, will I be able to mess around on it.

He said "Sorry but this is for employees only and no one besides a verizon employee is aloud to play with the phone."

I said okay thanks, but I thought why would he tell me they have a demo phone at the store if they wouldn't let me see it? Is that weird to anyone else?

Upvote 0
One more anecdote to calm the masses...
My order also says "awaiting confirmation or phone availability" and I called *611 and they said that no more steps will be taken until they actually charge my credit card which isn't til the 27th or 28th. Then we'll get tracking numbers and order complete emails.

Deja vu.

Upvote 0
Interesting, I don't remember hearing about a TV Out accessory for the phone before. I'll have to look into that!

the tp2 has this. if you took movies you want to share with family, or if you ripped a movie to your phone and wanted to share it, it would be a great accessory. only problem i see is you can't charge the phone while using the cable.

Upvote 0
You should call and confirm - I am about to call in a few minutes...

No he/she shouldn't.

That accomplishes nothing other than wasting someone's time. If you received an email confirmation, then you'll get the phone on or before the 29th. PERIOD.

I can't believe ( supposedly ) grown adults are being this childish about the whole thing.

Again: the phone won't show as shipped until it actually is - which will be on/around the 26th-28th. Nor will your credit card be charged until the unit is shipped - which will be on/around the 26th-28th.

RELAX PEOPLE!

Reactions: WizeGuyDezignz
Upvote 0
She really should know better than to post something like that on a forum full of phone geeks.
Not everyone here is a phone geek.. *hint, hint* :p
oh, and I'm not posting a pic of me in a low-cut shirt guys...sorry. No Banlandia for me thank you very much! Next time I'll just post which VZW and you can go see for yourselves. lol
haha... nice. Now is it worth a trip all the way to Cali?
Exactly, but is it worth for me to make a 3 hour drive to San Jose? :p;) How bout we meet each other half way, at another VZW store :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Wow,...so many new names as we near THE END!!! Excited that some of you already have the "thing-of-beauty" in your possession. What a blast this has been!
Two quick questions: can the gradient/black/red case only be purchased by calling VZW?.....and I'm still kinds confused on whether or not to get the insurance.

Thanks, kids!

Yep, until the release the phone and its bits are on line order only.

The insurance is probably more valuable for smartphones like this with high sticker prices. We're buying it at subsidized prices now, but if you drop/lose/run over/ or otherwise destroy your Incredible, it will cost the full retail price to replace it. Insurance [in this case] is your friend. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Grandmadroid
Upvote 0
I called my local Verizon store to see if they have a demo unit since I will be right next door in a few. They said yes we do have a demo unit in store, I was like sweet, will I be able to mess around on it.

He said "Sorry but this is for employees only and no one besides a verizon employee is aloud to play with the phone."

I said okay thanks, but I thought why would he tell me they have a demo phone at the store if they wouldn't let me see it? Is that weird to anyone else?

Naa, just the typical sales dweeb being a @ick...

Upvote 0
Wow,...so many new names as we near THE END!!! Excited that some of you already have the "thing-of-beauty" in your possession. What a blast this has been!
Two quick questions: can the granient/black/red case only be purchased by calling VZW?.....and I'm still kinds confused on whether or not to get the insurance.

Thanks, kids!
So far, it seems that only VZW has the gradient case, but I'm sure it's only a matter
of time before the 3rd parties have ones like it, maybe even cooler.

I was so back and forth about the insurance, and finally I said to my myself...

"Hey, self; you know you're going to have this for probably the full 2 years 'till
your next NE2, and wouldn't it suck if 13 months down the road, the thing crapped
out, or you accidentally dropped/cracked/crushed/blended it somehow?!?!?!"

So, I went ahead and got the $7.99 thing that covers both the regular stuff plus
extended warranty for the hardware itself. :):eek::)

Reactions: Grandmadroid
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones