• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to agree with nash this thread has been going smooth and great.... now all we have to do is finish waitting out the storm hopefully we have some news on a release date soon or the phone itself i cant wait to get my hands on it... you think it might be over doing it a bit if i go out and buy a little ankle bitter dog bed for it? i want to make sure that it is incredibly comfortable haha

Upvote 0
I hope they make it look like the ERIS. The ERIS is one fine looking phone. I'm cautiously optimistic though. I don't think my dreams will come true, but what is VZW thinking?! Are they going more toward the Omnia II backs?

I second that thought. To me its seem the Eris fits better in your hand than other phones. But I'm sure other people don't think the same.

I also have to agree with Nash. Reading through each post is so much smoother and with great information for anyone.

Upvote 0
I wanted to say something to all of the members who have been posting in here. I don't claim to be an authority, but I'm just a member like all of you who is grateful:

Thank you all for being so respectful, friendly and courteous to one another, and mostly, just for treating other people how you would like to be treated. This thread has been going for almost 10 pages and everyone has just really impressed me. Sometimes it only takes one apple to ruin the bunch. I'm glad we have such a great group of active members participating and contributing in here. Welcome to the new members who are now contributing and thank you to the veterans who have been here for months and have always constantly stood up for honesty and decency in here. This is the best thread I've seen since I've been a lurker, and then a member, of this forum. Keep up the great work. It's great to be part of something with so many great people involved.
The Secret Ingredient Is Phone.​

Upvote 0
I wanted to say something to all of the members who have been posting in here. I don't claim to be an authority, but I'm just a member like all of you who is grateful:

Thank you all for being so respectful, friendly and courteous to one another, and mostly, just for treating other people how you would like to be treated. This thread has been going for almost 10 pages and everyone has just really impressed me. Sometimes it only takes one apple to ruin the bunch. I'm glad we have such a great group of active members participating and contributing in here. Welcome to the new members who are now contributing and thank you to the veterans who have been here for months and have always constantly stood up for honesty and decency in here. This is the best thread I've seen since I've been a lurker, and then a member, of this forum. Keep up the great work. It's great to be part of something with so many great people involved.

Group Hug :D

Upvote 0
Found this interesting tweet on twitter today, from @claudineb

"Interesting briefing today with HTC. All under embargo until #MWC, but some of their new devices are incredible. Apple beware."

Got me excited for MWC, can't wait for next week!

Its great to know that so many other people are going crazy for android...I thought I was the only one lol...It sucks when you ask a verizon rep about the N1 and he gives you a blank stare and says "You probably know more about it than I do." But I can't wait either, I need some Incredible news

Upvote 0
As you wish...
zvwj0h.jpg

34fzord.jpg

I hope you don't mind me using your post Nash.

Looking at the two phones you can see the optical pad sits flush on the phone, but with a define circle around it. To me that would indicated that should be able to push down. Make more sense to allow the user to have something physical to select an option on the phone instead of the touch screen.

Having a BB with a roller ball to scroll with is great. So much better than the old style track wheel that was on the side of the BB. You could always change the sensitivity of the roller ball to your liking. I would think the optical would be better because of the fact of getting dirt or dust where the roller ball sits in. On my work BB and personal BB had to cleaned out every so often to make it roll smooth again and not hang up on something.

Upvote 0
I hope you don't mind me using your post Nash.

Looking at the two phones you can see the optical pad sits flush on the phone, but with a define circle around it. To me that would indicated that should be able to push down. Make more sense to allow the user to have something physical to select an option on the phone instead of the touch screen.

Having a BB with a roller ball to scroll with is great. So much better than the old style track wheel that was on the side of the BB. You could always change the sensitivity of the roller ball to your liking. I would think the optical would be better because of the fact of getting dirt or dust where the roller ball sits in. On my work BB and personal BB had to cleaned out every so often to make it roll smooth again and not hang up on something.

Great photo comparison... I still think the Bravo is the winner of the bunch by looks alone. I would really prefer the hard buttons for home/back/menu/search and combined with the optical trackball, WINNER! But where I am it's either Verizon or tin cans and string so I'll try to continue waiting to see what Big Red releases.

Upvote 0
I remember Verizon rushed the Storm as fast as they could....it was supposed to be the end-all phone....but it was rather flawed. When time for the S2 came, they had it in their hands a good long time, and put it through extra testing, just to avoid the SNAFU of the S1.
Is it possible that some delay could be due to VZW not wanting the same gripes as the N1? (3G issues and all) after all, reliability is supposed to be at the foundation of their business.

Diverdown

Upvote 0
I remember Verizon rushed the Storm as fast as they could....it was supposed to be the end-all phone....but it was rather flawed. When time for the S2 came, they had it in their hands a good long time, and put it through extra testing, just to avoid the SNAFU of the S1.
Is it possible that some delay could be due to VZW not wanting the same gripes as the N1? (3G issues and all) after all, reliability is supposed to be at the foundation of their business.

Diverdown

Hopefully they learned from their mistakes. I have a storm and Ive been through two of them already (thank god for insurance) but i cant imagine id have to do the same thing for the n1 or incredible. Like Charlax21 said, it seems the N1 would need more attention to maintenance then the incredible due to the trackball, although the fact it lights up is cool.

Upvote 0
I hope they make it look like the ERIS. The ERIS is one fine looking phone.

Went to Verizon yesterday b/c my Visual Voice Mail wasn't accepting the password since I changed my phone#. Seemed like an easy fix, reset the password and go, but I ended up being there for like 30 minutes. Not that I'm complaining as it gave me lots of time to play with the Eris. Aside from the small screen, I loved it! It was ultra-responsive and, coming from a S1, it was FAST! As I was waiting and waiting, I started hoping maybe the chick had somehow broke my phone. lol No such luck. But I would have happily left with the Eris. Overall, it was a nice size for my hand though. They should have just made it all screen.
Oh, well. Guess I'll just hurry up and wait. :)

Upvote 0
Found this interesting tweet on twitter today, from @claudineb

"Interesting briefing today with HTC. All under embargo until #MWC, but some of their new devices are incredible. Apple beware."

Got me excited for MWC, can't wait for next week!
@claudineb = Claudine Beaumont (Tech Journalist) = clb? :cool:

Get it? "clb" is possibly Claudine's initials...

Actually, I really don't think this is the case, but it's fun to try and create links between miniscule amounts of information, especially when chasing down info on phones like the Incredible. :p

Upvote 0
March will make 5 months that I have been waiting for a phone.

Ha-ha I am at the 5 month area right now also. I started to look for a new phone end of September and really started to look into the android phones in October. I remember thinking droid but I started to read about the passion and was holding out for that then it went to t mobile (N1) and now been awaiting the release of the Bravo for Verizon, Incredible for Verizon, or N1 for Verizon (in the order I like the phones best to least) even though it doesn

Upvote 0
Amazing!!! Do you guys really think HTC would unveil the Incredible, possibly as it's flagship for 2010, with only 256mb of ram instead of the 512mb that the N1 has. I heard a lot of people saying that the sense UI needs more ram to operate smoothly...I personally wouldn't want my incredible to slow down during heavy multi-tasking because sense is using up all the ram...
It's hard to ignore the fact that every leak for this phone has stated 256MB of RAM. But does anyone honestly think that HTC is going to release a brand new phone, this day and age, called the 'Incredible' of all things, that is going to be slow?

I'm not sure why, as I'm a spec geek as much as the other guy always tweaking my PC to add new/bigger/faster components to it, but I'm not concerned at all about this thing being slow. It going to be friggen 'Incredible' so let's stop worrying about the amount of RAM. :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones