• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya! But I think waiting a bit...maybe see the front of the phone before making that judgment. I remember the Eris has a very nice feel in the hand...and so it sounds like this will be similar. From what people are saying here...it's just as well to get a spare Seidio battery and use it as the primary...and have the OEM for back up. Can't argue on updates...and really don't want to argue. I just think things got much closer. And don't forget the Incredible will have an FM Tuner...kind of neat in way...I think? Ha!

Edit: Oh...and the Incredible will be sold and serviced by Verizon! Bam!

I left out the whole sold by verizon thing, because I don't know if anyone here really knows if they'll sell the nexus one or not.

Upvote 0
I'm just about ready to declare this my next phone after the revelations of this morning.
drool2.gif

Here's me having to wait until my contract us up. ->
seizure.gif

Upvote 0
HTC Incredible

(Personal request: lets keep the flaming low, collaboration high, attitudes checked at the door, and minds open!)

Last update: 3/11/2010 9:11 CST
Confirmed:
Snapdragon processor (QSD8650) underclocked to 768 Mhz (check around post 4813)
RAM - 512 MB (320 usable...like N1...more to become available with OS update)
512 MB ROM
8 MP camera
Android 2.1
Sense UI
Optical track pad (vs. "ball")
3.7 inch screen (seems confirmed, check around Post 121 and Post 2786)
WVGA resolution
AMOLED (Seems confirmed, check around Post 2786)
1300 MaH battery
Shipping with 8GB MicroSDHC card
FM Tuner
Dimensions: 117.5 mm (L) x 58.5 mm (w) x 11.9 mm (T)

Not yet confirmed:
Dual LED flash, autofocus, 720p video recording
Dimensions (HxW): ~4.6" x ~2.25" based on extrapolation of picture

Some links:
HTC Incredible caught on video rocking Snapdragon, Android 2.1 with Sense UI, and Verizon bands -- Engadget
HTC Incredible Photos Leaked, Reveal Incredibly Brown Back Plate - Htc - Gizmodo
Exclusive HTC Incredible Photos (Update: Video)
HTC Incredible for Verizon captured on camera, sports Snapdragon, Android 2.1 with Sense UI [Video] - SlashGear
HTC Incredible shows its face, wearing Verizon stripes | Android Central
HTC Incredible: Verizon's New All-Touch Phone Runs Android 2.1
Verizon

Upvote 0
Have you ever checked the very first post?
No, I had not, but thanks for referring it to me as it appears what you had listed originally was spot-on. Amazing to think we had ad nauseam debates of this spec and that only to find you had it right all along. Great job, my man! I'd buy you a beer and give you a pat on the back if I could, but NKT stole all my Bud Light. :D

Upvote 0
So we now we have new information in the N1 vs. Incredible battle

Incredible:
8 MP camera
HTC Sense UI
Optical Trackpad

N1:
Better looking phone (at least in my Opinion)
Faster Stock Processor
Bigger Battery
Faster To recieve updates

Decisions, Decisions

I think that a big difference maker is going to be buying from Google or buying from Verizon. While I think that Verizon's customer service is somewhere south of dog poop, but I have heard that Google also has been difficult to deal with as well, on top of the fact that Google will have the fallback option of blaming Verizon for issues.

Upvote 0
In honor of the 100th page of this great thread I hereby dub the core thread participants...The Incredibles.

Space is limited so stake your claims now! :D
Do you or anyone out there think there will be a marketing tie-in with the movie characters by Verizon in conjunction with HTC? I, for one, think it would be hysterical and a great way to generate excitement for the phone with the masses.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the hard work you are doing on this thread. Looks like they need to put you on staff.:D

My pleasure...obviously i also have a vested interest in this thread and all the info on it being accurate, timely, informative, easy to find, etc...

*Caugh* I wouldn't mind a little Mod or Guide action...i'm willing to put in the time and keep people focused.

Upvote 0
I've been a lurker for awhile but given the new pictures today I finally decided to join. Can't wait to get this phone. I've wanted an Android phone for awhile now. I wanted a powerful phone but didn't like the Droid. I loved the Eris but wanted something more powerful. I think I have finally found my device.

Upvote 0
Do you or anyone out there think there will be a marketing tie-in with the movie characters by Verizon in conjunction with HTC? I, for one, think it would be hysterical and a great way to generate excitement for the phone with the masses.

I can see a commercial for it now: Mr. Incredible sitting at home with his kids bickering and wife on his case to intervene then he gets a call on his brand new Incredible that some bad guy is causing trouble. The camera pans out to show the whole family have little black masks on just like in the end of the movie

Reactions: Sigmund Droid
Upvote 0

I haven't really given this much thought...i guess there could be, but that specific movie was very much geared towards kids. I also don't know that the HTC codename (Incredible) will persist for launch. I could see VZW calling this the "Droid Next" or something, who knows...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones