• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess what i just found out!! I work for vzw as well and every friday and sat we have early store meetings... Normally its just numbers stuff but this week... wait for it... on friday an HTC will be in the store for the early meeting!!! now I dont want to jump to conclusions but i have been working there for a while and this will be the first time a rep will actually be there for the meeting and not just browsing around the store during regular hours.. could they be there to announce something??? I HOPE SO!!!

Incredible???? even the Nexus would be nice!!!

so...? you think an HTC rep is going to be in every vzw store on Friday to give some news? Are there that many htc reps? is your store special? maybe its just the htc rep doing the rounds?
I have no idea personally but I doubt there is anything to be read into this.
but, you could pound the guy/girl with questions about future phones :)

Upvote 0
If the Incredible is a really big hit and Verizon advertises it well do you think they would still want the iPhone? Considering they said no the first time and their could still be some bad blood between companies.

Also I wouldn't mind a AT&T/Apple vs Verizon/Android show down. (Dont even mention the backflip) Both competing to get our money would make a lot of things cheaper :p

Upvote 0
so...? you think an HTC rep is going to be in every vzw store on Friday to give some news? Are there that many htc reps? is your store special? maybe its just the htc rep doing the rounds?

Unnecessarily harsh man. Maybe he works at a main branch. We'll just have to see. An HTC rep is going there and that is all we know...let's be optimistic and not focus on all of the possible downfalls.

Upvote 0
Well the real question is how does Verizon compare the Incredible to the Droid. The Droid was their first entry into Android so it got the nines as far as advertising and exclusive press conference launch (exclusive as in it was only for the Droid). Is the Incredible just a step up so Verizon will launch it like they did the Blackberry storm which was via press release? Or is the Incredible their new baby to spoil and we're waiting for invites to media for the Incred's own presser? Which would mean invites being received a week before the presser.

My thoughts are that they are going to be calling this Droid Incredible. Pretty much a bigger, better, non-keyboard version of the droid. So they can keep up with the "Droid" advertizing. I think a lot of thier people arent tech savvy that dont even know its coming. And just want a droid with no keyboard and want the newest super verizon android headset

just my two cents

Upvote 0

Easy.. Did you run out of salt? Ive got a couple of grains laying around here if you need some. :rolleyes:

This forum loves to speculate as we've been doing since page one, but if you are just blatantly spreading false rumors that you made up this may not be the place for you.

With that said, I am by no means saying Kcoan3 is a lier or that I dont appreciate his input. I love speculation ;)

Upvote 0
For those of us that think that VZW is going to plan it's release of Incredible around the N1, or go out of it's way to train/support the N1 for Google, you might want to consider this article. Not directly on point re N1 or Incredible, but shows that Verizon is not as close with Google as some of us thought. It looks like Google is trying to form a new wireless carrier, and Verizon is trying to stop it:

Verizon Communications has allowed Federal Trade Commission to investigate Google's acquisition of AdMob - NYPOST.com

Sorry if this has been discussed, I didn't see it.

Upvote 0
For those of us that think that VZW is going to plan it's release of Incredible around the N1, or go out of it's way to train/support the N1 for Google, you might want to consider this article. Not directly on point re N1 or Incredible, but shows that Verizon is not as close with Google as some of us thought. It looks like Google is trying to form a new wireless carrier, and Verizon is trying to stop it:

Verizon Communications has allowed Federal Trade Commission to investigate Google's acquisition of AdMob - NYPOST.com

I don't think it has been discussed.

I don't really believe the legitimacy this claim has because its all based on that source and doesn't seem to be accurate in many cases.

"Verizon offers a number of Android-driven phones aimed at chipping away at the dominance of the iPhone..."

There is only one which is the Droid? I don't think this issue will effect Verizon and HTC's phone as Google isn't even that involved with the Android OS. (By this I mean letting it be customized by Carriers. ATT and Yahoo ring a bell? )

Upvote 0
Guess what i just found out!! I work for vzw as well and every friday and sat we have early store meetings... Normally its just numbers stuff but this week... wait for it... on friday an HTC will be in the store for the early meeting!!! now I dont want to jump to conclusions but i have been working there for a while and this will be the first time a rep will actually be there for the meeting and not just browsing around the store during regular hours.. could they be there to announce something??? I HOPE SO!!!

Incredible???? even the Nexus would be nice!!!

nice if they dont spill the beans... well then kidnap the person and chinese water torture or pull off there fingernails till they speak... and if they spill after that well i guess they really dont know anything

Upvote 0
Vote away!... "Show us your screens" thread added to the potential list...

How 'bout a "put 'em on the glass" thread? (come on now, some of you are old enough to know what i'm talking about!) Just pics of gf's putting boobs up to the camera??? any takers?

You wouldnt want my boobs on camera. Youd be like, where are they? LOL

Reactions: DarbagDarbag
Upvote 0

I don't really believe the legitimacy this claim has because its all based on that source and doesn't seem to be accurate in many cases.

"Verizon offers a number of Android-driven phones aimed at chipping away at the dominance of the iPhone..."

There is only one which is the Droid? I don't think this issue will effect Verizon and HTC's phone as Google isn't even that involved with the Android OS. (By this I mean letting it be customized by Carriers. ATT and Yahoo ring a bell? )

2 android phones...don't forget the Eris.

Upvote 0

Or you could just pound the girl if she's hot afterwards.

Upvote 0

I think for now Google just wants to look at the data going over the network through clearwire. Looking at what people are searching and wanting to buy.

Upvote 0

Good points. My point in posting this is that there are some people out there who speculate that VZW may go out of its way for Google re the N1, or even schedule the release of the Incredible so as not to interfere. I'm saying that the relationship between Google and Verizon may not be as warm and fuzzy as some people think, making that scenario less likely. The N1 is Google's phone, and Google is very involved with it.

I definitely agree that, currently, Droid is the only Android phone on VZW that might technically compete with the iPhone. To the average, non-tech savvy consumer, though, Eris and Devour might do so as well.

Upvote 0

haha way to kick the guy in the nuts :cool: :p

I know where you are coming from tho, but don't squash our hope lol

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones