• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you fu$#*ng serious. Give us a phone already. Eris does not count that phone is slow as SH!t. Cant change one screen without it lagging. Looks good but needs MORE POWER.

Anyway my hopes and dreams of getting a decent phone are slowly fading. If verizon wants to kill all in america they need to get hands on this desire. By far the best looking phone on the planet. Makes the incredible look like crap. Oh ya... and the specs. Well as always us ******s who stay with verizon get nothing for it.

Now that we are seeing the droid for Buy One Get One, i cant see them releasing another phone for a little bit. They will do this for a month or so, then wait another month until those people are officially locked in.

At this point I PRAY apple announces some amazing, out of this world iPhone 4g with ATT exclusively. I think that may be the only thing to get verizon on the fu#$*ng ball. GET WITH THE FU#(@*G PROGRAM VERIZON.

Woooohhhhh saaaaaahhhh. Deep Breaths :)

Upvote 0
Are you fu$#*ng serious. Give us a phone already. Eris does not count that phone is slow as SH!t. Cant change one screen without it lagging. Looks good but needs MORE POWER.

Anyway my hopes and dreams of getting a decent phone are slowly fading. If verizon wants to kill all in america they need to get hands on this desire. By far the best looking phone on the planet. Makes the incredible look like crap. Oh ya... and the specs. Well as always us ******s who stay with verizon get nothing for it.

Now that we are seeing the droid for Buy One Get One, i cant see them releasing another phone for a little bit. They will do this for a month or so, then wait another month until those people are officially locked in.

At this point I PRAY apple announces some amazing, out of this world iPhone 4g with ATT exclusively. I think that may be the only thing to get verizon on the fu#$*ng ball. GET WITH THE FU#(@*G PROGRAM VERIZON.

If I didn't depend on Verizon so much, I would be calling them now and telling them to f**** off. This waiting game is ridiculous. I am ready to go get a Droid or an Imagino. I am feeling pretty disgusted that I have to wait ANOTHER month to get a decent phone. According to their customer service people NOTHING is coming out. I guess Verizon is telling us just to shut up and be happy they offer the Droid. It's like, "Look at the Droid, it's shiny, buy a Droid." I don't want that boxy monstrosity. I want a sleek, sexy, HTC phone not encased in red crap. I am 12 second away from calling them!!

Upvote 0

I hope they do :)

Upvote 0
Hi guys! Another former lurker jumping in. Thanks for all the great info and for those of you who pulled a 3rd shift here to keep an eye on things for the rest of us! :)

I'm also a contract-binded VZW user who's been eligible for an upgrade for about 6 months, anticipating something 'incredible' from HTC on VZW. Not sure how much longer I can wait....I'm using a Moto Q9M for Pete's Sake!! LOL

For the love of all things good and holy, Big Red please, get us one of these. I don't want to cave to the crave of the Eris or Droid...:(

Upvote 0
If I didn't depend on Verizon so much, I would be calling them now and telling them to f**** off. This waiting game is ridiculous. I am ready to go get a Droid or an Imagino. I am feeling pretty disgusted that I have to wait ANOTHER month to get a decent phone. According to their customer service people NOTHING is coming out. I guess Verizon is telling us just to shut up and be happy they offer the Droid. It's like, "Look at the Droid, it's shiny, buy a Droid." I don't want that boxy monstrosity. I want a sleek, sexy, HTC phone not encased in red crap. I am 12 second away from calling them!!

well at least take heart in the fact that verizon reps don't know squat

Upvote 0
Now that I vented...

Like I said, I am getting whatever comes first, N1, Incredible, Desire(?). So I am not too disappointed, plus the N1 is just around the corner, Spring 2010 ends when April does.

It better come quick because I am extremely close to just settling for the Eris.

actualy spring 2010 runs from the end of march through the end of june...so it could be the end of june before the N1 is launched.

I dunno what to do to be honest, I really don't want a droid. I will probably just pick up the N1 whenever it gets released and hopefully they will have the bugs worked out of it by then...

Upvote 0

Seriously, plus the Droid has crap specs/power/ect compared to what is on the Verizon (I mean Horizon). :p

Upvote 0
Heh, sorry about venting earlier :) ... my girlfriend doesn't feel my pain the same way you all do.

Yes my mind was set on the N1 too (once the incredible showed its not so incredible look)...then we see this Desire, which if you ask me could easily take the cover on next months Playboy, only to find out once again that us Verizon peeps are F'ed in the A and stuck with what we get. I mean gimme a break.

The droid is nice...but too big, and not sleek enough for me. Love the physical buttons on the Eris, Sense isnt bad (could do with or without), but the screen is small, and the shit lags with Every operation.

Wait... i think im venting again...haha...guess im not that sorry :)

So verizon stop bending us over with no lube and give us a fu$%*&g phone.

Upvote 0

I think you should call. Go to AT&T and complain about the crappy network and lack of 3G coverage, but hey, you'll have an iPhone!

Upvote 0
While it is technically true, the hardware is different. Hardware designed for receiving the WCDMA signal cannot receive the CDMA signal.

Could this be a world phone and Verizon is requesting they not release the cdma signal right now. They are showing this thing off in Europe and they are not going to care about cdma there. Any thoughts.

Upvote 0
i dont understand HTC's strategy with not releasing this in the U.S. i mean they got the N1 right after we did. SO not fair.(sounds like brat i know) But im just pissed man. The Incredible is ugly and the phone looks outdated. I feel like it is only equivalent to the Legend, and i want a better phone than that...So wth can Verizon's flagship device be? I really cannot wait til Vzw switches to GSM, because i feel thats one of the major reasons we get these dumb phones. PISSED!!

Upvote 0
it needs the other snapdragon chip then the Nexus One has (aka QSD8650). The N1 Snapdragon cannot do CDMA.

So do we need to be looking for phones with one of these chipsets.

Shows qsd8650 supports cdma2000.

Attachments

• qualcomm.JPG
    qualcomm.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones