• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he complained to me about how they told them about the Incredible but didn't give them any LEGIT information.... he even mentioned how they get release dates REALLY close to launch.... :mad:

... From the way he talked about the "Apple device" I'm thinkin it's comin soon becaseu he emphasized that its already made the rounds.... quick, call up the FCC! ;)

I trust this guy, but ONLY because he only tells if he's absolutely sure.... I'm sure he's heard more....

... and I hate Apple as much as they next guy... I was just REALLY surprised.:cool:

First off, I'm not saying what your guy said is untrue, because I do not know that for sure, but don't you think that if a device from apple was coming to VZW soon, we would have heard something about it? Not that it really matters because I wouldn't buy one even if it did. For me, like the rest of you, The Inc is my next phone for sure.

Upvote 0
First off, I'm not saying what your guy said is untrue, because I do not know that for sure, but don't you think that if a device from apple was coming to VZW soon, we would have heard something about it? Not that it really matters because I wouldn't buy one even if it did. For me, like the rest of you, The Inc is my next phone for sure.

That's exactly what I thought, but if you look at the current tech news environment... it's easy to see where something could be overshadowed.... plus, there have been Verizon iPhone rumors since Apple first asked Verizon to be its carrier when the phone debuted.

Upvote 0
So some VZW locations have the Incredible in house...I guess thats a good sign

Indeed. I'm almost inclined to believe that last VZW rep that talked with onlyever. With the embargo in place, that would seem to indicate that the device has been finalized and produced. It's not so far of stretch to say that it's in-house now.

Upvote 0
Sure its "just a phone". The thing is though - its this whole process/experience. You start by just looking for a replacement phone which is just a bit of reading. Find your way here, and end up consumed by this forum as well as the phone and its release. You get to the point wherre every time you get a free minute, you are looking for any bit of information you can find. Its kind of a crazy obsession ...:rolleyes:

I totally get that, and wasn't trying to troll, but I guess it came off that way. When I was phone shopping, the palm Pre was just coming out, and I was trying to narrow my choice down between the Palm Pre and iPhone 3Gs. Too many little issues with the Pre that kept me from getting it, although I like the look of the hardware. I guess I'm just not as anxious for the incredible as the rest of you because I won't be upgrading until summer '11, so it's all just academic to me now. Although I love the way Android phones are going, and should be another step up when I'm due for an upgrade! My friend is due in a few weeks though, and he is hammering throught this board HARD for info! I actually am really looking forward to him getting whatever he ends up with, it will give me a year of seeing how Android works and grows, should be good!

Upvote 0
That is hard to believe. The reps high enough that work with devices not out yet or announced are not stupid. They would never show it off. They could get fired!

The only thing we can do is force this guy to join the forum. Hey, we're good at it...we have major experience.

Actually sent him a message to come join us a couple of minutes ago.

Edit: lol...now I see some familiar names that are on his tail as well!

Reactions: Presto343
Upvote 0
I totally get that, and wasn't trying to troll, but I guess it came off that way. When I was phone shopping, the palm Pre was just coming out, and I was trying to narrow my choice down between the Palm Pre and iPhone 3Gs. Too many little issues with the Pre that kept me from getting it, although I like the look of the hardware. I guess I'm just not as anxious for the incredible as the rest of you because I won't be upgrading until summer '11, so it's all just academic to me now. Although I love the way Android phones are going, and should be another step up when I'm due for an upgrade! My friend is due in a few weeks though, and he is hammering throught this board HARD for info! I actually am really looking forward to him getting whatever he ends up with, it will give me a year of seeing how Android works and grows, should be good!

This is not intended at malicious or rude (honest), but just curiosity. If you have a 3gs that you're happy with and not upgrading for over a year...what exactly brings you to an HTC Incredible forum and inspires you to create an account?

EDIT: I reread your post a little closer, nevermind.

Upvote 0
Here's a question that idk if anyone has posed yet. Since it's assumed that the Incredible will be able to do this...

YouTube - Turning an HTC Desire into a Nexus One

do u think that means that when the next android update comes (2.2) or whatever it is, are we gonna be able to update just the stock android part?

You would think (and hope) so...but if you read the comments on that video, people say it's not that easy and would still require an HTC issued update. You're essentially making the desire/incredible LOOK like the nexus, but it still isn't...that was the understanding i gained from the comments section...someone more technologically efficient here probably knows better than i do...

Upvote 0
Lol, you guys are like blood hounds.

14474366.jpg

Upvote 0
Here's a question that idk if anyone has posed yet. Since it's assumed that the Incredible will be able to do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Amcaot1Us

do u think that means that when the next android update comes (2.2) or whatever it is, are we gonna be able to update just the stock android part?
Any update to a non-rooted Sense phone must go through HTC, regardless of what UI you're using.

Upvote 0

No. the Eris has the option to turn off sense as well but everyone still had to wait for HTC to create a sense version of 2.1 because stock android wouldnt work.

Upvote 0
Yes, the biggest downfall of getting a non vanilla android phone is waiting for the updates. Google tried to solve this with the nexus one, but it's not as good as HTC sense...yet

The HTC Incredible will be able to use the stock launcher (home screens), but for the updates -- as said before -- we'll have to wait. For example, the ERIS is still on Android 1.5 while 2.1 is out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones