• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, I was just havin a little fun. Your Curve is a fantastic device. At this point in time, I just can't imagine going to a device who's company's stock is valued at $0 and is quickly looking down the path of insolvency.

This was almost 3 weeks ago. then i was hearing palm was sinking fast yet again. then i started looking into the droid but didnt like the design of it. The incredible sounds like the perfect device. Sense, great screen, great processor, and a good amount of storage. The palm nor the iPhone has anything on this device.

Upvote 0
Most people wouldn't need more than 8 gigs anyways - at least in the first year or so of ownership.

Have to disagree with you - I have 120gigs of music and 85gigs of movies. On my 16gb iPhone I am constantly rearranging my music and movies for trips. It's a no go if I can't get at least 16gb.

If the incredible wants to compete with Apple has to be able to use up to 32gb cards like the N1.

Upvote 0
sorry, I was just havin a little fun. Your Curve is a fantastic device. At this point in time, I just can't imagine going to a device who's company's stock is valued at $0 and is quickly looking down the path of insolvency.
I have a curve 8330 was great for the first month now it sux. Reboots on its own at least 3 times a day. trackball sticks at least 1 time a day (you can roll it but nothing moves) Was going to get the N1 until the trackball problem showed up on my curve about 3 weeks ago because of the Red back on the incredible. But now with that being gone and the optical track and the specs of the processor and memory and screen and ..... hell every spec except the battery, Seidio here I come!!!

Upvote 0
Flash is much slower than RAM. Why would you want to allocate flash memory to OS and graphics? Seems odd to me. Am I missing something?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't flash hold information after power is cut (e.g. turning off a phone) versus RAM where if power is lost all the info is gone? Would make sense (sorry) to have flash to store system settings and application status so that when you turn your phone back on it's like you never left.

Reactions: Scrops
Upvote 0
If the incredible wants to compete with Apple has to be able to use up to 32gb cards like the N1.

I think it should be capable, I just don't think from a marketing standpoint it needs to come with a 16gb card when it already has more memory than the competition. I would think it would be cheaper to buy it for less and buy a 16gb card on amazon anyways. It definitely should have a storage slot though.

Upvote 0
Have to disagree with you - I have 120gigs of music and 85gigs of movies. On my 16gb iPhone I am constantly rearranging my music and movies for trips. It's a no go if I can't get at least 16gb.

All phones with a microSD card slot these days can address the 32gigs needed. Keep in mind the 32gig cards aren't available yet in microSD that I'm aware. 16gigs is it please the on board NAND. Eventually it'll be available.

Upvote 0
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't flash hold information after power is cut (e.g. turning off a phone) versus RAM where if power is lost all the info is gone? Would make sense (sorry) to have flash to store system settings and application status so that when you turn your phone back on it's like you never left.

Yes. I just got the impression that he said the other 512MB of on board flash was possibly being used for system memory.

Upvote 0
ok, since gorilla glass is a moto droid thing (i.e. no luck getting it on the inc.) do screen protectors actually work? i don't have a smartphone yet.

I wouldn't worry about it as long as you are careful not to drop it, keep it alone in your pocket with the screen facing your leg, and don't use a stylus which can sometimes scratch screens.

Reactions: obi5683
Upvote 0
I have a curve 8330 was great for the first month now it sux. Reboots on its own at least 3 times a day. trackball sticks at least 1 time a day (you can roll it but nothing moves) Was going to get the N1 until the trackball problem showed up on my curve about 3 weeks ago because of the Red back on the incredible. But now with that being gone and the optical track and the specs of the processor and memory and screen and ..... hell every spec except the battery, Seidio here I come!!!

right on man. I hate the trackball! i'm pretty much sick of the curve. i always had some type of problem with it. Whether it was slow, alarm not working, the loud speaker bug and now i have to wait 2 seconds after i hit answer to say hello, otherwise i have to repeat it again.

Upvote 0
I think it should be capable, I just don't think from a marketing standpoint it needs to come with a 16gb card when it already has more memory than the competition. I would think it would be cheaper to buy it for less and buy a 16gb card on amazon anyways. It definitely should have a storage slot though.

Put that way I agree with you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones