• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all just need to have a coke and a smile...

Ron_Washington_Coke_N_Smile.gif

Kidding of course...

Upvote 0
Has anyone seen any VZW commercials for the Incredible? I know we'll never see one for the N1 (at least not yet), but didn't they start advertising for the Droid a couple of weeks before the release?

Yes they did. It was hyped up alot actually. I think they were disappointed with the final initial roll out. Several people said they had no lines at the stores, and it almost seemed like any other day.

Maybe thats why they are trying this technique, don't tell us $#!T till it pretty much on the shelves.

Reactions: GeeDub29
Upvote 0
Yes they did. It was hyped up alot actually. I think they were disappointed with the final initial roll out. Several people said they had no lines at the stores, and it almost seemed like any other day.

Maybe thats why they are trying this technique, don't tell us $#!T till it pretty much on the shelves.

Good point. I never thought of that. Trying something different maybe...

Upvote 0
Well, he didn't budge. At all.

Michael: What type of phone are you looking for?
Mark: I'm interested in the Droid, but while I was in my local VZW store one of the employees mentioned a new HTC device, but I don't see it online.
Mark: I believe he called it the HTC Incredible, but from what I can tell it hasn't been released. Have you heard anything about it yet?
Michael: I have not heard of that device.
Mark: Hmm, ok. He said it was the latest Android device, but wasn't sure when it'd be available.
Michael: He is mistaken. How may I assist you with the droid order.
Mark: Well, he did a good job of hyping this new HTC device as being better than the Droid, so I'm torn now.
Michael: The device is not here and he did not give you a date on it. Why are you torn?
Mark: He said it'd be much better than the Droid.
Mark: So if it is coming soon, I don't want to buy a device that will be "outdated", ya know?
Michael: That device is not available. How may I assist you with a device we have?
Michael: We do not have info on devices that are not on the website today sorry.

Wow, that guy was a dick!

Upvote 0
My apologies if I ruffled your feathers, M.M., but I wasn't alone in being suspicious of the story. It just would have been nice to have seen visual evidence of the box given that no other Verizon stores seem to have received the same, not to mention it was a slow news day until recently.

It's all good, my man. Let bygone's be bygone's and move on, as it seems we have much to look forward given the news the past few hours.

I expected suspicion with no pictures, yes. Hell, I'd be lying if I said I didn't. But it was just one of those situations where the atmosphere was electric to possibly be THAT CLOSE to a device that I have literally had dreams over, and have researched the web for HOURS trying to find any damn scrap of information on it - and then to have to be there right next to the box which could have at least one Incredible phone inside of it!!! When I stumbled upon DevDroidian's twitter pics of it a few weeks ago, I was literally shaking as I posted them here. So, believe me, I know where you're coming from for me to go on about a taped up box and have nothing but my typed word as evidence of it. We're good, bud. You just pushed me a bit too far over something that frustrated me a lot more than anyone else here. Trust me, had my VZW friend not been in the room, that box would DAMN sure have been opened!! All I'm trying to do is help out any way that I can here. We all have the exact same goal in this crazy, long, mind-draining game. And it damn sure better have one INCREDIBLE outcome!!

P.S. Sorry that I misspelled your name in my original post.

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
I have been sitting on this damn bed with my laptop reading this thread for over 5 hours continuously now. All the while my GF is in the other room. WTF is wrong with me!!!!

I need this phone to be announced so I can get back to my daily routine.

I know man...this is taking up WAY too much of my time...I'm not saying I'm going to be giving you guys up after all the countless hours of speculation we shared with each other lol...But i'm just not gonna do it every night once the phone is released lol

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones