• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
something is up because about a week ago I did a search on Verizon's website of "incredible" and "HTC INcredible" and both searches came back with nothing.

TODAY I did a search of "Incredible" and the HTC Touch Pro 2 came up. That was strange to me...I did not say HTC I simply typed INcredible.

NOw either this is a place holder or the Verizon folks and HTC folks want to capitalize and have people who are tired of waiting for the INcredible to consider the Touch.

Lets hope tomorrow is a better day!

That is strange.

Upvote 0
something is up because about a week ago I did a search on Verizon's website of "incredible" and "HTC INcredible" and both searches came back with nothing.

TODAY I did a search of "Incredible" and the HTC Touch Pro 2 came up. That was strange to me...I did not say HTC I simply typed INcredible.

NOw either this is a place holder or the Verizon folks and HTC folks want to capitalize and have people who are tired of waiting for the INcredible to consider the Touch.

Nothing is up.

It finds "HTC" because the phone is made by HTC.

If finds the word "incredible" because the last review (submitted on march 22) uses the word incredible.

Upvote 0

Actually that's not strange and was addressed earlier (by me! ;)) a few pages back. The first (and most recent) review for the Touch Pro 2 talks about its "incredible speed". Searches search ALL text, not just the names of phones.

Edit: too slow on my second time answering this! ;)

Upvote 0

The "Incredible" search brings up the TP2 because the first line in the ad is "Get Your Family on America's Best Network for Incredible Deals!" The bold letters indicate the search hit.

Upvote 0
Hey, everyone I am upset that nothing has come from the VZ camp, but I was wondering, and I have said this before, I wonder how much it would cost to actually manufacture a phone from HTC? If everyone on here that wants an awesome phone put up like $20 we would have a hell of a lot of money. We could then have what we want and put it on VZ's network through their Open Handset Alliance and say "Screw you". Do you have any idea what type of ripple that would make in the industry if the subscribers decided what they wanted and for once they got it, without having to look for leaks and innuendo.

Upvote 0
Hey, everyone I am upset that nothing has come from the VZ camp, but I was wondering, and I have said this before, I wonder how much it would cost to actually manufacture a phone from HTC? If everyone on here that wants an awesome phone put up like $20 we would have a hell of a lot of money. We could then have what we want and put it on VZ's network through their Open Handset Alliance and say "Screw you". Do you have any idea what type of ripple that would make in the industry if the subscribers decided what they wanted and for once they got it, without having to look for leaks and innuendo.

elaborate please

Upvote 0
GOOD NEWS people.

So i was down and out like all everyone else here and i posted about verizon's EPIC FAIL on facebook. An old high school buddy, whom i forgot worked for verizon asked why. I explained and all he said "incredible will be shown tomorrow"

I didn't go looking or asking for - so I'd take it a little more serious then some of the other stuff.

At least anyone reading this may sleep a little easier tonight!

Upvote 0
The cold, harsh reality is this: nothing will come tomorrow, nor the next day. We'll get bits and pieces over the next few weeks and some random day in the middle of April, one of the tech blogs will reveal a press release buried on Verizon Wireless' news page that this phone will be available within a few days. No fanfare, no advertisement, no trumpeting. Just Verizon Wireless adding another phone to the line up.

i really hope and do beleave you are wrong here, but on a side chance that this is how it plays out.. verizon ceo needs to bring the marketing director into his office and fire him :mad:

Upvote 0
Well, think about it, if everyone on this forum, or maybe others decided to put up money for HTC to manufacture a phone by their own set spec, we could truly have what we want. VZ has their open handset alliance, which they will allow any phone meeting their CDMA criteria to go on their network. So we could finally say "This is what we want, build it". If this actually worked carriers would 1, pay attention to our needs, and 2, change the game allowing us to have the upper hand. The only thing VZW could do is to charge their contract fee, which they would gladly do but we could have the phone amongst phones!

Upvote 0
Well, think about it, if everyone on this forum, or maybe others decided to put up money for HTC to manufacture a phone by their own set spec, we could truly have what we want. VZ has their open handset alliance, which they will allow any phone meeting their CDMA criteria to go on their network. So we could finally say "This is what we want, build it". If this actually worked carriers would 1, pay attention to our needs, and 2, change the game allowing us to have the upper hand. The only thing VZW could do is to charge their contract fee, which they would gladly do but we could have the phone amongst phones!

I doubt all of us chipping in $20 would cover the research and development for the new phone. I would guess that VZW pays millions to license HTC phones.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth (prly not much since I am a newbie) I am guessing that the Inc will be out 4/1 at the earliest as the current VZW smartphone promo does not end until 3/31.

How do you know this, exactly? Or are you JUST guessing? I mean - if it's accurate information, it doesn't matter if you're a newbie or if you have 1,000 posts!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones