• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
An embargoed device is meant to keep the media from releasing information on it. Not because the FCC has not approved it.

So if it still says embargoed instead of evo, we can assume it could be a phone htc doesnt want us to have info on yet.... but they announced the evo so it would then be something else? That gives me some hope.

Upvote 0
Anyone else notice that Engadget is going apeshit with Verizon news all of a sudden?

Hopefully it goes like this:

1) Verizon announces LTE rollout for 1/3 of country this year
2) Verizon announces the Incredible which will run on LTE later on but 3G now
3) I get home tonight to a home cooked meal from my wife.

The sad thing is that in order of most likely to happen (with one already happening) it's 1, 2, 3 (my wife is lazy) :cool:

Upvote 0
Verizon has turned something that could have been so cool and turned it into the most miserable ****ing experience i have ever had with a phone, and i am an original Storm owner. WTF. they cant release an official statement that it exists and it wont be out until whenever. or they are working towards a whatever release date. i am pretty sure i will be moving on from big red. we all know VZW is better, but how much better can they be? ATT and Sprint have millions of customers too. those customers seem to be doing just fine. people act like without VZW, you just cant make a call. i have dozens of friends with ATT and Sprint and i talk to them everyday. i think im gone.

this whole "experience" is caused by rumors on the internet. VZW never said anything about this phone. It is a future release for them and if we didn't have people reporting leaks then the rumors wouldn't go out of control like this.
Its unfortunate CTIA was going on now as it accelerated the rumors.
These rumors are "fun" for some though.

Upvote 0
Well, Lets see....:rolleyes:

Here's my logic

I figure by the time CITA is over , Amazon will have the Droid Free with a NE2! (I mean...It's already At $19.95) And if thats the case I can either I can get a Droid for free or continue to wait and wait for an unannounced device at an undetermined time from good ol big red. :(

I can live with free. At least its an Android device. At least the pain will be over. I'm drained. And if by some stroke of luck , the Incredible shows it face within the 30 day return window, at least I'll have up to 4 weeks of Android practice. ;)

(I wonder what the return policy is with Amazon):p

And if I miss the boat, oh well at least I don't have a major investment in the Droid. I'll live with it till I get a chance at the next latest and greatest.

I'll just root it and OC the crap out of it and use it as a learning tool. :cool:

Umm...wonder if sense can be loaded on the dinosaur. And will multi touch work? :D

Upvote 0
hopefully it goes like this:

1) verizon announces lte rollout for 1/3 of country this year
2) verizon announces the incredible which will run on lte later on but 3g now
3) i get home tonight to a home cooked meal from my wife.

The sad thing is that in order of most likely to happen (with one already happening) it's 1, 2, 3 (my wife is lazy) :cool:

lmfao!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Verizon has turned something that could have been so cool and turned it into the most miserable ****ing experience i have ever had with a phone, and i am an original Storm owner. WTF. they cant release an official statement that it exists and it wont be out until whenever. or they are working towards a whatever release date. i am pretty sure i will be moving on from big red. we all know VZW is better, but how much better can they be? ATT and Sprint have millions of customers too. those customers seem to be doing just fine. people act like without VZW, you just cant make a call. i have dozens of friends with ATT and Sprint and i talk to them everyday. i think im gone.
thinking about all the update crap w/9530 and trying to be loyal I 2 have clients w/ sdervice on other networks w/other phones and they survive. so whos to say whats the best thing to do. But when it's time to update I think verizon will do as the've done on the storm. late toi the party... what-cha-gonna-do???

Upvote 0
20 minutes till Ceremony this would be the way to announce the INC as it kills everything else in that category listed. maybe this is why they announced the EVO yesterday thinking that the INC would win the Award and be a fairer way to announce both HTC products..

Check my post on the last page. There are other products that are up for awards listed as embargoed that have been announced already. Some were announced before the show even started. They just haven't updated the finalists list. It's most likely the EVO.

Upvote 0
I am not angry with Verizon because they did not mislead me. I am, however, disappointed in Verizon. In a competitive industry, a smart consumer is always shopping around for the best product (in this industry, that product is a combination of price, phone and service).

I still think the Incredible will come (eventually), however, the longer it takes, the less impressive it will be for obvious reasons.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones