• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is an Android developer in California. He tested the N1, etc....He was a little surprised that there were not more leaks over the past two days. He originally told me to expect a March 27th announcement/ and or release. He is now wondering what the holdup is. He also tested the Incredible, but had to turn it in on Monday March 15th.

thank you... I guess that gives some hope.

Upvote 0
Oh fond memories of that thread. Gawd, I've been drooling over phones here too long lol. And Nash, if I'm ever down in Nashville, I WILL be looking you up. Now I've gotta find a reason to go there lol

Sounds good to me. Just keep in mind that if you come here and hang out with me you probably won't remember much. haha

Upvote 0
lmao at the tags: suicide, despair, verizon, dark abyss, htc, just get an iphone... i actually laughed out loud.
Anyway lets calm down. We've lived without the incredible for our entire lives we can wait a few more days possibly weeks. Whatever the case it can't be too far off last i saw the incredible had verizon's logo on it and from what i've been told that means it's the final model. Take it easy, good things come to those who wait...
that having been said.. HURRY THE F*CK UP VERIZON!!
:eek:
*regains composure* errhem i mean... patience is a virtue.

Attachments

• htc-incredible-vz.jpg
    htc-incredible-vz.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 0
He is an Android developer in California. He tested the N1, etc....He was a little surprised that there were not more leaks over the past two days. He originally told me to expect a March 27th announcement/ and or release. He is now wondering what the holdup is. He also tested the Incredible, but had to turn it in on Monday March 15th.

Nola, WHEN did he tell you to expect a March 27th announcement/ and or release?

Upvote 0
This makes Nola's and apang's sources as STILL sticking with their 3/27 dates. And HTC reps are now floating around out there. Someone check the planetary alignment for the 27th! :D

The 27th comes down to how big of a deal you think Verizon is going to make of the Incredible. Its too soon to hold their own presser as no one has mentioned receiving invites. So we're looking at a press release at best. I would lay money on the 27th, at least not for the Incredible (N1 is another story).

Upvote 0
Well I have been lurking here for quite a long time and thought it was about time to say something. :)

First, thanks to all those who have contributed information on this phone. You have done a great job with so little and one thanks just isn't enough. I have never, since cell phones became mainstream, been obsessed with a phone like this. Seriously, I have popped the f5 key off my laptop and gotten a couple weeks behind on my work projects. :p

I have been with Sprint for several years now, and since during the last year and a half have started traveling quite a bit, I was anxiously waiting for my contract to expire so I could move to VZW. And ever since the Droid came out and then the Nexus One, time has slowed down even more. I HATE my Moto Q9c (though I did like it when I first got it) and can't wait any longer to change. Now the contract has been up for weeks and it is time for action.

I am thinking too that announcements will be slow coming and I don't think I can wait any more. Even a slow Android phone will better than what I have. :) So I think if I don't hear anything by Saturday I think I will become the owner of a Hero. I know, I know, still Sprint but I am thinking that I can take it back before 30 days are up and then buy a Droid. That gives VZW two months to get this phone out. If it isn't, then I guess it is Droid for 2 years. But that won't be so bad, at least my sis won't be able to rub hers in my face any more. :)

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Honestly, how many more times can I say this without people believing me. IT'S NOT GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED AT CTIA. From what I have heard, you'll see it in the 2nd half of April. No special announcements. Originally I predicted May...but I am hearing 2nd half of April.

Probably about a billion times because you don't know jack-shit.

It could be tomorrow it could be June. So yell it all you want, over and over again. And unless you KNOW an exact date STFU. All your posts are deragatory and tiresome. If you know so damn much go away and come back on the day you know it will be announced/released. Otherwise, just go away.

Upvote 0
All these people getting upset just begs the question, what exactly are you getting upset about? That Verizon hasn't launched a phone that they've never officially acknowledged? During a time frame they never gave you? I mean you're getting hung up on dates you heard from some dude who knows this other dude who knows a parrot in the safe who totally knows where the phone is (lets see who gets that reference, at least the last part).
Ok so you're upset because Sprint came out with a sweet phone. Not as sweet as what you are waiting for (unless you need to phone to act like your johnson in your pants), but still pretty sweet. Ok, that might be legit. But here is the real mind ****. How do you know the Sprint announcement wasn't rushed ahead of schedule because of all the noise you yourself have made about the Incredible? Basically how do you know you're not the seed of your own despair?

Upvote 0
Probably about a billion times because you don't know jack-shit.

It could be tomorrow it could be June. So yell it all you want, over and over again. And unless you KNOW an exact date STFU. All your posts are deragatory and tiresome. If you know so damn much go away and come back on the day you know it will be announced/released. Otherwise, just go away.

Where is my Duct Tape!!!!

Silence is golden, but Duct Tape is silver.

That was soooooo not needed.

Reactions: Scrops
Upvote 0

Thanks for the info!

As for the hold up...wasn't there rumors not too long ago that Verizon might delay the release of N1 or the Incredible(plz correct me If I'm wrong) due to HTC's multi touch screen issues?...would that really take THIS long to fix it though?...

Upvote 0
Hey Montana, how far are you from Whitefish? I have spent a good bit of time there and had a blast. Casey's bar was a Guinness blurrrrrrr. I know it is off subject but who gives a shit. Great Northern Brewing Company was coolo too. When we drank them out of Guinness, we really appreciated the Moose Drool, and the Fred's Black Lager!!!

Awesome! I am 20 minutes south of Whitefish. I ski Big Mountain all winter long up there!! Some SERIOUSLY good bars there. Casey's, the Northern, Remington.... sweeeeet! You hit the nail on the head! They have some excellent, incredible micro-brews, too!! (There, now we're not off topic!) :D

Upvote 0
My fiance is getting a droid this weekend, because apparently if you are the primary on your line you can magically sign a new 2 year contract when it's halfway over. I do not know how that's possible, but the first time my fiance told me that after she talked to a rep at the store I thought it was BS. However the next time I was there with her and I heard the rep say it with my own ears. This is just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis, not sure if that would be worth checking into for any of you guys :p. But don't hold it against me if nothing is possible where you are, between my fiance and I we have gone through 5 BB Storm 1's lol, so they might be cutting us a break.

Yes, this is true - the main line is eligible for an early upgrade at 12 months into a two year contract, at least if you bought your phone from Verizon online. I'm eligible for this early upgrade next week. I'm also bailing out of my BB Storm 1, which has been a nightmare. I would love to sledgehammer it once I have a new phone in hand. Very nice phone for the first ten minutes after its daily battery pull. :rolleyes: I'm hoping for the Incredible or something else decent to be released really soon. I may just go Droid if Verizon drops the price.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones