• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has grown by about 50 pages since the announcement. Oh wait...there wasn't one. So all 50 pages is just complaining and chit chat? Yes. This thread needs to be closed.

And that effects you how? It's not like someone is holding a gun to your head telling you that you have to come to the forum. Just don't. It's as simple as that.

Upvote 0
Speaking of returns, I have a question. I jumped the gun a little and bought a droid on March 1st from Amazon and started a 2 year contract (coming from ATT). I am not very happy with the phone since it keeps sliding open in my pocket. Now If i were to cancel my contract within my 30 days, go without a phone for a bit, could I reactivate my acct with a new contract for the incredible if its released in April?

Upvote 0
That article has nothing to do with what I was referring to. I was just trying to post about a recent article discussing a very detailed analysis about the font and image display on AMOLED screen.

So, basically if you're going to discuss the display of the screens of both devices and compare them and make the assumption that the Droid is superior, you're then going to disregard another article that then says the screen of the Droid might not be superior when it comes to the sensor and touchscreen capabilities. One is talking about display...one is referencing sensors - you're right. But in the end, they both deal with the screen. You can't tell me that they are mutually exclusive when it comes to the actual functionality. It comes down to what you are seeing and doing with that screen.

Upvote 0
And that effects you how? It's not like someone is holding a gun to your head telling you that you have to come to the forum. Just don't. It's as simple as that.

Umm, because way back around page 20 it used to be nice to be one of the first people to see leaked pics and specs. Not just BS. It would be nice if this thread was remotely on topic, but it won't be until the phone is released.

Upvote 0
Speaking of returns, I have a question. I jumped the gun a little and bought a droid on March 1st from Amazon and started a 2 year contract (coming from ATT). I am not very happy with the phone since it keeps sliding open in my pocket. Now If i were to cancel my contract within my 30 days, go without a phone for a bit, could I reactivate my acct with a new contract for the incredible if its released in April?

I think technically you would need to start a new account when you came back.

Upvote 0
Funny story. I did just this. I bought the Droid for $300 on my NE2, and sent in the SKU and everything for the $100 rebate. I received the rebate card in the mail and then decided to return my Droid.

I went to Verizon and they refunded me the full $300, so I actually profited $100 in the end. And I got to keep my NE2. Not bad...

I would not have said this out loud as more and more people do this and they will try... you will see a 100 dollar charge to your bill down the road.. granted it may take 6 months but it is bound to show up and then you will have to fight with someone that has absolutely no freakin clue how it got there or how to remove it..

Upvote 0
I have been following this thread daily, and have worn out my f5 just like the rest of you, but I feel the need to add my $.02.

I too was really hoping for an announcement this week, but having lived through the first Blackberry Storm, I think I may have another way of looking at all this.

I think we all know that the phone will be released in a "relatively" short time frame.
That being said, how many of you want this phone so badly, right now, that you'd be willing to take it as it is ? Meaning that the INC, much like the BB Storm1 is a first of it's kind. Therefore could be possibly riddled with bugs that have not yet been ironed out.
Much like the Storm1 everyone was so anxious to get their hands on it, and if you had an original S1, you know that that phone should not have been released as it was, only to then bash the S1 in online forums, return the device MULTIPLE times, and generally call it a failure both on the part of RIM and Verizon.

I for one, while excited to get my hands on an Incredible, am willing to be patient in the hopes that when the device is finally released, it will live up to not only it's name, but to my expectations of it.

Sorry for the rant... maybe this might help some people relax a little.

Thanks

Although I understand where you are coming from, I have to disagree. You are talking about RIM's first step into the touch screen world as compared to HTC who has had touch screen devices out (that work well) for months now. I have the 1st Gen Storm as well and it is junk - the biggest being start-up time and lack of memory. The Incredible may be the first of its kind as far as certain compnents are concerned, but it is standing on the shoulders of some other great phones... Just my opinion - ready to get my hands on the Incredible as well...:)

Upvote 0
Umm, because way back around page 20 it used to be nice to be one of the first people to see leaked pics and specs. Not just BS. It would be nice if this thread was remotely on topic, but it won't be until the phone is released.

Then come back when it's released (I'll give you a call). Any other decisions you would like me to make for you?

Upvote 0
April fools aside, the 1st kinda makes sense.

I noticed yesterday for the 1st time on TV VZW was advertising when the BOGO ends (31st). Isn't April 1st the beginning (or really close to the beginning) of Q2?

If they are gonna sell the N1 and Incred. at the same time maybe the 1st will yield something. Plus they could announce the phone on the 27th (that date seems to be popular).

I know we have nothing to go on and I am not trying to lead any of you on. I'm just looking for the next logical date for information to be released.

Plus it gives the Devour some time to itself on VZW's website and any other marketing they do for it. If they are going away from the Eris and Droid and bringing in new phones (devour/incredible) than you would think (hope) they launch the incredible soon. That way there are 2 new options, a high end and low end.

As I opined a little of a week ago, I'm expecting the announcement on 3/27 and the release on 4/2. This corresponds with "information" we've received from several informants, as well as the speculation over the possibility of a release at the beginning of VZW's 2Q.

Whether this device is released on or around 4/2 is ultimately immaterial. In any event, I will wait. I will live. (No need for "1-800-What-the-hell-was-I-thinking??")

Reactions: Kappy
Upvote 0
Right now I'm going to wait it out until the beginning of April and see what Verizon does after the BOGO stuff ends. If there is one thing VZW is consistent about, it's that they always have a sales gimmick - ie they're always 'pushing' something whether it be phones or some "special deal" (ala current BOGO offer). You can be sure they will announce something at the beginning of April. It could be just another deal, or could be a new phone they're gonna market the hell out of for the next few months. So IMO if we don't hear anything withing the next few days as some have suggested, they will announce 'something' in the beginning of April that will tell us what their one-track marketing is going to be all about for at least the next month.

If they don't even announce a release date I may just go with the Droid and take advantage of the 30-day return policy if necessary, or I may just decide I like the Droid enough and stick with it. Being that I tend to hold on to my phones for a few years though, I usually like to get the latest tech when I do.

Upvote 0
Hey folks, first post here. Long-time Howard Forums member and I have them to thank for finding this board. :)

Guys, talk me down from the ledge here. I am about to go exchange my Pre Plus for a Devour, I am nearing my 30 day WFG and I'm getting a little panicky waiting for the Incredible's release. I don't have any old phones that I could temporarily activate so that's outta the question. I know everyone's logical answer would be to at least exchange it for the Droid, but I've been there done that and it didn't work for me - I am a long-haired female and I experienced the hair-interference-with-light-sensor issue.

Upvote 0

Good, i'm glad to know that we won't have to listen to your complaining until it's released. Good bye.

Reactions: Nashdroid
Upvote 0
Hey folks, first post here. Long-time Howard Forums member and I have them to thank for finding this board. :)

Guys, talk me down from the ledge here. I am about to go exchange my Pre Plus for a Devour, I am nearing my 30 day WFG and I'm getting a little panicky waiting for the Incredible's release. I don't have any old phones that I could temporarily activate so that's outta the question. I know everyone's logical answer would be to at least exchange it for the Droid, but I've been there done that and it didn't work for me - I am a long-haired female and I experienced the hair-interference-with-light-sensor issue.

get a cheap 20 dollar phone to hold you over from ebay and hook it up to the esn and wait it out..

Upvote 0
This thread has grown by about 50 pages since the announcement. Oh wait...there wasn't one. So all 50 pages is just complaining and chit chat? Yes. This thread needs to be closed.

I think you should go hangout on the phone spec page if you cant handle a forum. A forum is a place for open discussion on a topic and there's plenty of that going on here.

How would you like if we busted up in your hangout and kicked you to the curb?
-
-
-
That's what I thought :cool:

Upvote 0

Like you mouth needs to be closed. If you don't like the thread, don't come here. Go to the Evergreen thread for news!

Edit: There is no news, so we can keep posting the same old pictures and videos in here ..or you could go to the evergreen thread!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones