• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that took a disturbing turn

oh great. Now everyone is gonna talk about this and stuff like shakethatbear.

So story time, doesnt give us more info just cements some facts.

My storm 1 died today so I went to my corporate verizon store (located in san jose, ca) and had them give me another one per my insurance. I was talking to the lady that was helping me and I just blatantly started talking about the incredible and how it sounds like an awesome phone. The CSR totally agrees with me but admits all the info she knew was from the net. She even tells me that they have been harping the manager as they can't wait to train or demo the incredible (or what ever verzion changes its name too).

So, basically she only knew details about it from places like this, but told me from what her managers have been telling them a new "phone" will be coming soon. She doesn't know what it is, but she hopes as much as we do its the incredible.

just my little bit of info. Its all I have sorry. Doesn't really help.

I really hope we hear something once this bogo deal ends.

Upvote 0

My storm 1 died today so I went to my corporate verizon store (located in san jose, ca) and had them give me another one per my insurance. I was talking to the lady that was helping me and I just blatantly started talking about the incredible and how it sounds like an awesome phone. The CSR totally agrees with me but admits all the info she knew was from the net. She even tells me that they have been harping the manager as they can't wait to train or demo the incredible (or what ever verzion changes its name too).

So, basically she only knew details about it from places like this, but told me from what her managers have been telling them a new "phone" will be coming soon. She doesn't know what it is, but she hopes as much as we do its the incredible.

w00t! san jose!

i've talked to vzw employees about phones and they're like "howardforums?" yeah we browse that too.

Reactions: malcontent510
Upvote 0

Which store? I'm in San Jose also. (just curious)

Upvote 0
So I was reading a few page back and somebody mentioned that Amazon had the Eris for like 99 cents. I went and looked, and sure enough, they had sellers selling new Erises for like, less than five dollars.

What's the catch, there? I currently have a VZW contract complete with data. Could I just buy an Eris on Amazon and have my service switched over? Something seems odd about that. Sorry if I seem ignorant in this post, I'm just really not too informed about buying phones from third parties.

I think you can go to HTC's new website (they recently partnered with LetsTalk.com) and get the Eris for free with a new contract. I think the Droid is going for like 19.99 on the Lets Talk site.

Upvote 0
I think you can go to HTC's new website (they recently partnered with LetsTalk.com) and get the Eris for free with a new contract. I think the Droid is going for like 19.99 on the Lets Talk site.

Yeah, after posting what I did I looked over the site and realized I was way off. Lol. But yeah, thanks for the information. Still, I think I'm going to wait for the DukeNukemForever... er.... Incredible.

Upvote 0
114073157198.jpg

This is my current phone. Samsung A530. Got it in 2003. My very first cell phone. Thought it was so high tech because it has moving wallpapers but no camera.

I'm dying here Verizon...I'm using this old phone cause my previous 3 motorola's broke. It really hope it will be mid-April for Incredible!
I'm surprised VZW still sends signals to that!

Upvote 0
114073157198.jpg

This is my current phone. Samsung A530. Got it in 2003. My very first cell phone. Thought it was so high tech because it has moving wallpapers but no camera.

I'm dying here Verizon...I'm using this old phone cause my previous 3 motorola's broke. It really hope it will be mid-April for Incredible!

Funny, I'm using a Windows Mobile phone right now from 2003. A Samsung i600. It's the only working phone I have at the moment and I'm using it until the Incredible comes out.

samsung_ultra_messaging_i600.jpg

Upvote 0
114073157198.jpg

That was my first phone on Verizon, too! I was hesitant to get it because it was all digital -- no analog coverage. I didn't know if that meant I'd have shoddy reception, but it worked great! Too bad it was gold, though. I replaced it with the a630 as soon as possible =)

By the way, funny how these phones from 7 years ago actually carried smaller in your pocket than the phones of today =P

Upvote 0
There was a comment earlier about the possibility of the Incredible being marketed as the Eris 2... I hate to encourage that because I hate the name but as the eris is the adr6200 and the Incredible is the adr6300 the possibility seems rather high due to a progression like that.

------------

When the Chips are down... the Buffalo's empty.

Upvote 0
I totally get that there's really no incentive for Verizon to issue a release date because it would only hurt the Droid/Eris/Devour numbers. I also believe there a number of people WAITING for the incredible that are using feature phones on a $15 data plan or no data plan at all.

My question is how much revenue is being lost on these people who ARE waiting for a device rather than just jumping on the Droid/Eris now. Probably not even a drop in the Verizon revenue bucket... I know that if they had come out 2 months ago and said it would be available in June I would have just gone and gotten the Droid.

Then again I'm SUPER impatient and the single month I've been looking into this phone has seemed like an eternity. I'd love to get the Droid to hold me over for a month but I don't know if that option is even available to me. I'm looking to upgrade with my Annual upgrade on a 2 year contract forfeiting the NE2 all together. Anyone know if I could still give the Droid a 30 day tryout?

I have my LG 8700 and I have been waiting for a smartphone that warranted me moving up. Thought it would be the Omnia II, then the Droid, now I am waiting for this thing. MY NE2 was up last May. At this point I am going to go with whichever comes out first, Inc or EVO. In Chicago either will do fine. I just don't get how VZW was on top of things with the Droid (yeah, piss and moan about the keyboard, some like it some don't, but either way it's still a great device) and now they are dragging their heels on this when it seems pretty obvious that there is a lot of pent-up demand for a device to supplant the iPhone on a better network. I sincerely believe that the Inc would sell more than the Droid. All the iPhone users apparently don't miss a hard keyboard, and plenty of folks who like the iPhone despise AT&T, and I know more than a few people (myself included) who won't get an iPhone simply because it's on AT&T (plus at this point it's played out). It seems like there are plenty of indicators out there that, if they really wanted to, Verizon could get their head out of their ass and get this thing to market if they wanted to.

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm new here - been following this thread for a week or two looking for HTC Incredible information. I really do hope this phone is a) real, and b) coming out soon. But I read an article today that led me to infer that the HTC Incredible either a) doesn't exist, or b) is not coming out any time soon (for me, b is almost as bad as a).

The article is here: http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/59123.

It features a discussion with Peter Chou, CEO of HTC, who states that HTC hopes to establish themselves as the "top Android brand." Now that sounds great, but what came next got me disappointed:

He mentions almost everybody but Verizon. He mentions that they have two android phones coming to AT&T in the next few months. Why not take this opportunity to mention something coming to Verizon, if indeed they have something in the works?

Because Verizon hasn't confirmed or denied its existence and for a relatively small company like HTC, it is in their financial best interest to keep tight-lipped and not spill the beans prematurely if they have signed any kind of confidentiality agreement with VZW.

Don't worry. The phone exists and it is coming - probably no later than May with an April release being more likely.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I have a somewhat silly (maybe stupid) question...

With all the info coming and going so fast on this forum, I am not sure if anyone ever asked this before:

Is it at all possible that we might see some kind of announcement on the 3rd of april?

Reason I bring up this date is that is the day Apple releases the iPad, and maybe Verizon will try and take some of that thunder. Now I know the phone is not the same as the iPad, but lets face it, android can do just about the same as the iPad (maybe even a little more than the stock iPad). And, in light of the possible lawsuit against HTC, maybe this announcement is a finger in your face from HTC to Apple?

Ok, maybe a stupid question, but in the tech world..anything is possible.

Urrzen

It'd be nice (I would love nothing more than for HTC to spank Steve Jobs and his lawyers publicly), but strategically, I would say it would be better to release it either a few days before or a few days after the release of the iPad. You think the Incredible is hyped? It's no comparison next to the hype for the iPad. If Verizon were to release on the same day as the MaxiPad, no one would notice because all the news coverage would be going to Crapple. Just my .03:D

Upvote 0
It'd be nice (I would love nothing more than for HTC to spank Steve Jobs and his lawyers publicly), but strategically, I would say it would be better to release it either a few days before or a few days after the release of the iPad. You think the Incredible is hyped? It's no comparison next to the hype for the iPad. If Verizon were to release on the same day as the MaxiPad, no one would notice because all the news coverage would be going to Crapple. Just my .03:D

I am an apple guy....and the buzz on the iPad is just not there. Sure its cool..but its not something everyone is dying to own. i sense a giant "lets wait and see" attitude. Its expensive and requires a monthly fee to really be of any use to people.

Bring on the Incredible!!!!

Upvote 0
fwiw - Based on GSM and Edge frequencies that is more than likely the Nexus 1 for AT&T

The 99100 is TMO
The 99300 is believed to be VZW
The 99200 is therefore probably AT&T's

Huh? You can't FCC approve a phone after it has been released. The Nexus One for AT&T has been available from Google for like 2 weeks, and it's the 99110.

I'm betting the 99200 is the Desire for AT&T.

Upvote 0
That was my first phone on Verizon, too! I was hesitant to get it because it was all digital -- no analog coverage. I didn't know if that meant I'd have shoddy reception, but it worked great! Too bad it was gold, though. I replaced it with the a630 as soon as possible =)

By the way, funny how these phones from 7 years ago actually carried smaller in your pocket than the phones of today =P

Nice! It's finally breaking apart on me after 7 years. There was actually a grey version which looked way nicer. But Forreal! 7 years ago it was all about the smallest phones possible that was popular, now it's the biggest touch screen phones possible that is gaining popularity. Time's changing...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones