• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy on the phone thought I had the Nexus One. When I told him it was for Verizon he said oh "The Passion" I said I think you mean the Incredible, and his reply was again, I thought Verizon was calling it the Passion. Doesnt really say much about the Incredible - actually it says nothing, but so do 90% of the posts on here. He wouldnt rule out an early April release. He said he knows its coming in either March or April since they are already developing an Evo for the Verizon network that will come out in May or June

Upvote 0
okay...here is some sort of dump on the Incredible that I found. Somebody that is much smarter than me might be able to figure it out.

# For Eclair project build pro - HTC Incredible - 5wwrQyTz - Pastebin.com

well what i see in there is that the device IS capable of 720p encoding... other than that i don't know much.

i did do a search on this pastebin site for 'HTC incredible' and i found a number of posts from our friend STERICSON from weeks ago...:eek:

if i find anything.. i'll post.

apologies if this is already common knowledge..

Reactions: greggds
Upvote 0
Just did it. Told them I was an Android developer from California. Told him that I have a developers test phone and that it was laggy and locked up on several occasions. He asked me to repeat the name of the device and I told him the ADR6300. His IMMEDIATE response was "Oh. the Incredible for Verizon"..I'm not shit***g you. He said that they were not aware of these issues(IMO GREAT NEWS) and suggested a hard reboot. Remove the Battery etc... He then stated that if that did not solve the issue to call the advanced tech support/warranty Dept..............1-888-617-1113. They are Open from 9-6 Eastern time. I called the number, but they were closed, and the recording said, "we are here to help you with all of your Nexus support needs".......But HE said Incredible!!!!!
dont do that guys, you might delay the launch...cuz wont they try to explore these issues themselves

Reactions: GlowingMoose
Upvote 0
well what i see in there is that the device IS capable of 720p encoding... other than that i don't know much.

i did do a search on this pastebin site for 'HTC incredible' and i found a number of posts from our friend STERICSON from weeks ago...:eek:

if i find anything.. i'll post.

apologies if this is already common knowledge..

one post with his name on it has processor and memory dump info in it that i can't really make heads or tails of, other than seeming confirmation that the idle processor speed is around 245 Mhz and throttled up it's 998 Mhz:

cat /proc/meminfo MemTotal: - Stericson/ HTC Incredible - WaJEKi6U - Pastebin.com

there's also some info in there about memory... and only one mention of a memory size that approaches 5 gb. mainly 512 mb with 133 free and numbers around there. if anyone else knows more please elucidate.

thanks

Reactions: Nigelahmad
Upvote 0
one post with his name on it has processor and memory dump info in it that i can't really make heads or tails of, other than seeming confirmation that the idle processor speed is around 245 Mhz and throttled up it's 998 Mhz:

cat /proc/meminfo MemTotal: - Stericson/ HTC Incredible - WaJEKi6U - Pastebin.com

there's also some info in there about memory... and only one mention of a memory size that approaches 5 gb. mainly 512 mb with 133 free and numbers around there. if anyone else knows more please elucidate.

thanks

Yep! You found Stericson's device dump for the test device he had on hand, and the source of a lot of the confirmed specs. I actually reached out to him to see what was in the pastebin link I posted above, and he simply confirmed that it is the Incredible, and in fact another device dump.

Since this is an actual build taken from a device, I didn't know if this was anyhow related to the leaked Incredible ROM that was discovered several days ago or whether it would provide any further information for someone that knew what they were looking at. I just see words and numbers...aside from "ere27" which looks to be the multitouch update for 2.1

Reactions: Scrops
Upvote 0
Yep! You found Stericson's device dump for the test device he had on hand, and the source of a lot of the confirmed specs. I actually reached out to him to see what was in the pastebin link I posted above, and he simply confirmed that it is the Incredible, and in fact another device dump.

Since this is an actual build taken from a device, I didn't know if this was anyhow related to the leaked Incredible ROM that was discovered several days ago or whether it would provide any further information for someone that knew what they were looking at. I just see words and numbers...aside from "ere27" which looks to be the multitouch update for 2.1

yeah i saw something about the 2.1 _update 1 in there i think...

in addition, a lot of the posts that are presented on the site when searching stericson have either expired or been deleted. guess it makes sense when sharing code and the stuff can become obsolete pretty quick.

thanks for the info... it's nice seeing all these specs with the carrier name verizon in the same build file. maybe one day....

Upvote 0
Nope I have not seen it on here yet. That was only 3 hours ago!

P.S. It is also from an admin with 1800 posts. Could be a good lead. ( I hope)

The admiin isn't the one who got that info though, they were just reporting that they read it on the Vzw website. Not saying it isn't legit, just trying to make sure you're aware ;)

Reactions: BerryDroid
Upvote 0
Hey Guys, I have a question / something bothering me about my verizon account. I know a couple of guys that post here in this thread actually work for verizon, so I'll assume that you guys know your stuff.

I went into an actual corporate store (not an authorized retailer) with my fiance so that we could get a pair of droids by taking advantage of the BOGO that's going on. She is the primary on the account because she gets a discount, and she was able to upgrade because her contract was at the 1 year mark and did the early upgrade route.

Me, on the other hand, feel like I was screwed royally unless there is something completely missing that I failed to read. I'm not really up for an upgrade at this time, I know it, but I am willing to pay an ETF to get out of my contract. The lady told me, but I cannot find evidence of what she says anywhere, that if I terminate my contract that I will lose my phone number........how is this even possible. Nowhere on the site under the customer agreement does it state anything about your actual phone number being attached directly to the contract, because if that were the case wouldn't you have to get a new number every time you upgraded to a new phone?

Normally, I would just say screw it and pay the ETF, but there is another situation behind the story and I have an upgrade attached to my phone number / account that isn't mine to use.

I hope I've explained this well enough for one of you VZW guys to help me out. I would post this in the verizon forums, but I have a hard time believing that I will get any true answers there and you guys are all techies like me so I figured my best route was here.....sorry for being off topic mods and admins. If you want to reply to this by sending me a pm instead of in this thread that's understandable, I forget which of you work in VZW stores.

It's just how it is- there's no way to end your contract without terminating your line of service- not that I know of anyway.. But yes, theyre completely correct about losing your number..

Upvote 0
The greatest April fools joke: HTC Incredible runs Windows mobile

(I want my open os)

I've brought it up before... Has anyone considered whether or not the Incredible can be made to dual boot to Android & Windows Mobile? Why would anyone want to? you ask... to see if it can be done.

Slightly off topic... I think I found what I'll replace my krzr with until the Incredible is in my hands. Celsius X VI II LEDIX, the $300k tourbillon dumbphone, gets handled -- Engadget

Upvote 0
HAHAHAHA

Everyone want a laugh?

BUY NEW APPLE iPHONE 3Gs AT $230USD, iPAD TABLET AT $250USD,iPHONE GOLD AT $240U

APPLE iphone 16gb...........$210USD
APPLE iphone 8gb...........$180USD
APPLE iphone 4gb..........$150USD
APPLE IMAC 4GB RAM 2.66 GHz - 1 TB HDD............$800USD

HTC Incredible ...........................$250USD

HTC Desire (HTC Bravo)..............$260USD\
HTC EVO 4GB..............................$255USD
HTC Legend................................$250USD

Upvote 0
Everyone keeps thinking it's coming out April 1st, and while I have nothing to prove the contrary, don't most companies put the 1st or last of a month as the release date as a place holder?

Basically it just means it's coming out sometime that month, they have no official date, but they're just putting it in that month.

I mean I know they do this with Video Games alot and it just seems to have come to mind.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones