• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got off the phone with 2 VZW sales reps convo is below:

Me: Hey, how ya doing, im looking for a phone you might possibly have - the model number is adr6300.
VZW: I have no knowledge that we even have such a phone.
Me: I believe its called the HTC Incredible.
VZW: I have no idea what that phone is its not in our inventory.

Next convo:

Me: Hello, maybe you can help me, im looking for a phone with the model number adr6300.
VZW: There is no release date yet for that phone.
Me: Oh, what about the Nexus One? Any info on that?
VZW: There hasn't been any updates here for that either.

Both calls were placed in VZW stores located near each other. It seems these sales reps are being PROGRAMMED to respond with 'we have no info", although as you can see in the second convo, the guy clearly said there is no release date for THAT phone, so it must exist somewhere.

I really don't think Verizon is being fair to its customers. Oh and spare me the "it's a business; they don't owe you anything" flames!

Upvote 0
On the naming... considering Verizon is paying Lucas to use the DROID name, something tells me that they won't just abandon it. The Eris is the HTC DROID Eris. Something tells me that we'll end up with an HTC DROID XXXX.

HTC DROID Incredible just doesn't sound right.
HTC DROID Passion didn't sound right either.

HTC DROID Phantom sounds better.
HTC DROID Axis.
HTC DROID Jedi!

:D

Upvote 0
I really don't think Verizon is being fair to its customers. Oh and spare me the "it's a business; they don't owe you anything" flames!

How so? I think Verizon is being very fair to its customers. What is more frustrating? A non-announcement or an announcement and a release date that keeps getting pushed back (see: Droid and 2.1)?

Reactions: JMKosmo
Upvote 0
Ok so following my previous convo's i decided to call HTC itself. The representative at support I talked to was very helpful indeed. His name was Todd, sounded either british or australian. Anyway, i asked about the adr6300, but he couldnt bring up anything on it. Then i said it might be called the Incredible, and he was able to find some info about it. I have CONFIRMED that there is indeed 6gb flash memory in this phone. He said it has not been released from HTC and that they are still working on it apparently, and that there was not much info on it. He asked what i wanted to know about it and i just said the specs on it. He replyed with well there seems to be 6gb flash memory on this, which is alot he stated. He also mentioned that it was a very sleek phone, and TALL as compared to the Nexus One. Please feel free to dial up HTC's support number and ask about it again if you don't believe me :). But remember that this guy couldn't look it up by ADR6300 for some reason. When he asked what carrier it was supposed to be on, i responded with i don't know, which may have led him to tell me the info he did. He said that they don't give the support staff much information for phones that haven't been released yet, and that that info was all he could give me.

Upvote 0
I believe Kcoan said his store got some promotional stuff for a BB promotion...

I'm thinking the BB Tour 2 could be coming soon. I have the original Tour and they FINALLY rolled out the OS 5.0 upgrade. My thought on this is the same as others relative to Android 2.1 on the Droid...put it out on the old stuff, then roll out the new stuff...

Upvote 0
so im sitting in the denver airport just got off my plane on the way into the plane i walked by a guy who was sitting in first class seat with some verizon phone i have never seen before looked a lot like the incredible but it cant be right?

yeah it is the incredible, i already contacted him and he told me everything about the phone

Reactions: techfreak111
Upvote 0
What if someone had a dream that they went into their local VZW store.....would that tear a hole in the time-space continuum?

Only if you fell asleep in a Verizon store, and dreamed about falling asleep in a Verizon store and in that dream you dreamed that you were in a Verizon store BUT you were buying an Incredible. Only then do you have to worry about tearing the space-time continuum. :eek:

Upvote 0
Just did it. Told them I was an Android developer from California. Told him that I have a developers test phone and that it was laggy and locked up on several occasions. He asked me to repeat the name of the device and I told him the ADR6300. His IMMEDIATE response was "Oh. the Incredible for Verizon"..I'm not shit***g you. He said that they were not aware of these issues(IMO GREAT NEWS) and suggested a hard reboot. Remove the Battery etc... He then stated that if that did not solve the issue to call the advanced tech support/warranty Dept..............1-888-617-1113. They are Open from 9-6 Eastern time. I called the number, but they were closed, and the recording said, "we are here to help you with all of your Nexus support needs".......But HE said Incredible!!!!!
Sounds awesome, however, what are the chances that HTC has a pulse on these forums and whatnot and are just messing with you? ;P

Upvote 0
Ok so following my previous convo's i decided to call HTC itself. The representative at support I talked to was very helpful indeed. His name was Todd, sounded either british or australian. Anyway, i asked about the adr6300, but he couldnt bring up anything on it. Then i said it might be called the Incredible, and he was able to find some info about it. I have CONFIRMED that there is indeed 6gb flash memory in this phone. He said it has not been released from HTC and that they are still working on it apparently, and that there was not much info on it. He asked what i wanted to know about it and i just said the specs on it. He replyed with well there seems to be 6gb flash memory on this, which is alot he stated. He also mentioned that it was a very sleek phone, and TALL as compared to the Nexus One. Please feel free to dial up HTC's support number and ask about it again if you don't believe me :). But remember that this guy couldn't look it up by ADR6300 for some reason. When he asked what carrier it was supposed to be on, i responded with i don't know, which may have led him to tell me the info he did. He said that they don't give the support staff much information for phones that haven't been released yet, and that that info was all he could give me.

I just called back, and the tech guy had NO INFO on the phone. We are being messed with. I think some people do know about these forums. But I believe the guy from my first convo does not know. Therefore he gave up info. :)

Upvote 0
How so? I think Verizon is being very fair to its customers. What is more frustrating? A non-announcement or an announcement and a release date that keeps getting pushed back (see: Droid and 2.1)?

That's such a subjective question. I would prefer an official announcement and if possible either a vague or solid date. We're not even sure there are delays. Maybe everything is right on track with them.

Then again, if there are delays, between being a software developer myself, and a computer gamer in my spare time, I've become accustomed to delays. :)

On the plus side, Verizon's lack of info has led me here, which has made for some entertaining times. Unfortunately I find myself visiting here a bit too often!

Upvote 0
Here's a bit of non-news for people debating between the Incredible and the Nexus One:

I emailed Google phone support yesterday to ask whether I could expect future android version updates to arrive sooner on the Nexus compared to a carrier based android phone. I originally got a canned response detailing t-mobiles pricing plans and what countries it works in, etc.

So I replied saying that their email does not answer my question in any way and politely stated that if this is an example of their customer service, than it would make the choice that much easier. Someone personally replied pretty quickly after that with an apology and simply stated that they have no information on future updates.

One of the only things that kept the Nexus in my peripheral vision was the idea that when Android V2.X releases, it would be it would be updated relatively soon after. But if they're not willing to confirm a simple detail like that that seemed like a no-brainer, I can't say I'm willing to take my chances that the Nexus actually will get a drastically earlier update. So once again, it was just a email conversation with a CSR but hopefully it helped someone else in the same boat.

Upvote 0
I think if anyone posts information tomorrow it would be wise (and greatly appreciated :D) if they added some sort of proof... Pictures would be great!

I don't want to see anyone getting wrongly accused of lieing or any dedicated members getting put on probation :cool: or worse because of frustration.

I also do not want to see this forum, this thread getting lied to or any false hopes.

Let's all show a little patience and compassion for one another tomorrow! ;)

Upvote 0
Anyone else curious if Motorola and Verizon had say a 6-month agreement in place for Droid to be their flagship phone? Seems with the massive marketing push and investment from Motorola in their comeback device that they would have some sort of agreement along those lines. If that's the case (and 6 months seems natural), it would put the Incredible out at the beginning of May as the Droid launched the beginning of November.

Seems realistic to me. ??

Reactions: JohnKuczek
Upvote 0
Anyone else curious if Motorola and Verizon had say a 6-month agreement in place for Droid to be their flagship phone? Seems with the massive marketing push and investment from Motorola in their comeback device that they would have some sort of agreement along those lines. If that's the case (and 6 months seems natural), it would put the Incredible out at the beginning of May as the Droid launched the beginning of November.

Seems realistic to me. ??

I think it is a possability.. Who knows what is all involved in big phone contracts like that..

Upvote 0
I think if anyone posts information tomorrow it would be wise (and greatly appreciated :D) if they added some sort of proof... Pictures would be great!

I don't want to see anyone getting wrongly accused of lieing or any dedicated members getting put on probation :cool: or worse because of frustration.

I also do not want to see this forum, this thread getting lied to or any false hopes.

Let's all show a little patience and compassion for one another tomorrow! ;)

The way this forum works, even if someone were to produce pictures, they'd be accused of photoshopping them.

I'd say a better thing to say is, "No matter what. If you're gonna post tomorrow, expect to be accused of lying. Don't take it to heart. That's just how it works here."

Free Kappy and Montana Man!

Upvote 0
The way this forum works, even if someone were to produce pictures, they'd be accused of photoshopping them.

I'd say a better thing to say is, "No matter what. If you're gonna post tomorrow, expect to be accused of lying. Don't take it to heart. That's just how it works here."

Free Kappy and Montana Man!

Yeah, you're probably right. It's a shame it has to be that way.

/play The Beatles "All You Need Is Love" :D

Show some love people!! We're all in this together!

Upvote 0

I'd say a better thing to say is, "No matter what. If you're gonna post tomorrow, expect to be accused of lying. Don't take it to heart. That's just how it works here.

That just means we have to find out all the good information TODAY!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones