• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
they dont even have to announce it at the final four.... they could just have a countdown till the day of the announcement kind of like the droid first start out with the incredible characters shooting 3 points with out breaking a sweat against who ever there bad guys are in the movie... incredible does please visit verizon.com/incredible and there is a count down clock or something. or have it on the count down clock on the hoop easy comercials to make tons viewers

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
...interesting, www.verizon.com/incredible will get you an instant redirect to the standard opening page of the Verizon web site, whereas www.verizon.com/incrediblexxx will get the typical page not found error.... so Verizon probably has something planned for a page at www.verizon.com/incredible
Also, if you notice in between the automatic redirect to the homepage, it does a fios pit stop...I'm guessing this may have been some kind of promo deal that said go to verizon.com/incredible for the deal.....I'm not sure this is actually a place holder for a new phone.

the first redirect goes to:

http://promo.verizon.com/FIOS3X/WirelessBundles/?CMP=DMC-CV090218

Upvote 0
...interesting, www.verizon.com/incredible will get you an instant redirect to the standard opening page of the Verizon web site, whereas www.verizon.com/incrediblexxx will get the typical page not found error.... so Verizon probably has something planned for a page at www.verizon.com/incredible
HTTP/1.0 header info shows a last modified date of Mon, 26 Oct 2009 18:06:27 GMT for www.verizon.com/incredible. Seems pretty early for them to put up a place holder for this phone since that's even before the DROID was officially announced. There also is no www.verizon.com/droid or eris or any other phone I can identify (as others have pointed out).

There's also press releases like this that use the word "incredible" referring to Verizon's FIOS package:
Ordering FiOS Online Delivers Incredible Savings - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community

Also there are urls like this which also lead to FIOS internet and TV related offerings: www.verizon.com/bundles

I would assume the incredible url is actually really just a promotion link for FIOS and not the HTC Incredible.

Upvote 0
For some reason I, personally, think that the N1 will be sold in stores. I have heard about multiple occurrences where Verizon employees (managers, if I recall correctly) were asked if the N1 would be sold in the same way it is for T-Mobile and they said that Verizon would never do that and that the N1 will be sold in Verizon stores (Sorry I don't have links right now). I know Verizon employees usually don't know too much, but for some reason I just cannot see Verizon having the N1 and not selling it in stores. I guess we will see soon.

Upvote 0
For some reason I, personally, think that the N1 will be sold in stores. I have heard about multiple occurrences where Verizon employees (managers, if I recall correctly) were asked if the N1 would be sold in the same way it is for T-Mobile and they said that Verizon would never do that and that the N1 will be sold in Verizon stores (Sorry I don't have links right now). I know Verizon employees usually don't know too much, but for some reason I just cannot see Verizon having the N1 and not selling it in stores. I guess we will see soon.
I see them having a demo unit in the store but having purchases only available online. I think they'll do this just to satisfy people's curiosity who come in asking about the N1. Really, I can't even imagine what employees will be trained to say when consumers come in asking, "should I get the N1 or the Incredible". Just seems awkward.

Upvote 0
I see them having a demo unit in the store but having purchases only available online. I think they'll do this just to satisfy people's curiosity who come in asking about the N1. Really, I can't even imagine what employees will be trained to say when consumers come in asking, "should I get the N1 or the Incredible". Just seems awkward.

Has something changed since Verizon supposedly said this back in January according to slashgear?

"According to Verizon, the Nexus One will not be offered via any Verizon websales, phone sales or stores, instead being solely distributed by Google

Upvote 0
Really, I can't even imagine what employees will be trained to say when consumers come in asking, "should I get the N1 or the Incredible". Just seems awkward.

Hypothetical scenario:

Customer: Should I get the N1 or the Incredible?

Sales rep: The N1 will not be supported in-store. Any issues will have to be taken up with Google's customer service directly.

Customer: Incredible it is, thx.

Upvote 0
Would the fact that Verizon Wireless employees are being told about this phone point to the idea that it will be sold in stores?
I was hoping for the same thing, but i think its more of just informing the employees what to say if a customer asks them about the n1, so that they don't look completely clueless about a product on their network. Plus, if it were sold in stores, and is supposdly going to be released at the end of the month, wouldn't there already be talks of it being in the system?

Upvote 0
There has been some talk and speculation that the Incredible will be very similar to the Desire. That being said, there are also some (including myself) that may have questions about the functionality of the Sense UI. Here is a video of an N1 rooted with the Desire ROM and running what I would anticipate to be a very similar version of the Sense UI that the Incredible will have on board:

YouTube - HTC Sense on the Nexus One (Desire ROM)

Upvote 0
With Verizon employees likely to be instructed to tell customers that they will need to contact Google for all N1 phone support upon release of that phone, it occurs to me that Verizon has 3 clear-cut options in front of them:

1) Offer the Incredible at the same time as the N1 - as an option to those who want the latest high-end smartphone, but who don't want to have to go through Google for support (which will be most people, I'm betting).

2) Have the ability to offer in-store support on customer's N1 concerns and problems - something that Google probably won't relinquish very readily, as it will be akin to admitting defeat of their "online-only" phone sales & support model. However, Verizon is in a considerably larger position of power than T-Mobile is to better affect the "Google only" precedent. I'm thinking that Verizon will at LEAST have some degree of say in how the products that they sell are serviced - especially if it will result in negative opinions and feedback for them if Google does as poorly as they did with the N1/T-Mobile "trial run," as it were. Seems like an impossible task for Google to get their on-line support network up and running to service an 86-million customer base client just a mere 4 months after they have flopped miserably with a 33-million one.

3) Best option yet, offer both #1 and #2!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones