• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost got the droid today just to return it with in the 30 days to get the incredible.

I am going from a BB storm1 so it would be a big upgrade considering how much of a POS that phone is. But I help off because I do worry if it doesn't get released with in 30 days.

I know I can still return the phone and use my old phone. I worry that I may become attached to the droid considering my old phone and then I would be stuck =(

All we need is a release date... is that so much to ask!

Upvote 0
You know what really frustrates me? I work in the testing industry, I have tested all, and I mean all the RIM/BB phones long before they hit the market (we are a 3rd party testin firm) and HTC refuses to give us any business, because they are a foreign company and most foreign companies do not comply with us testing standards or even try to follow them. Yes I have seen the Nexus 1 testing videos and frankly, I'm not impressed. I've been on the inside and I know how it works and this is truly dragging out the process. I just want them to send me an Incredible to test, is that too much to ask? ;)

I believe RIM is from a "foreign country" as well...based in Canada?

Upvote 0
Long story short... I was at a Verizon store in KS... I got tired of waiting for the incredible and figured I'd just get the Eris and hope within the next thirty days the Incredible comes out.. During the exchange of my numbers I saw the incredible listed and (we'll, about had a heart attack) and when the rep walked away while my numbers were transferring; I snuck the pic. :)

Very nice work agent b29 please return to HQ for debriefing.

And I am sooo slose to getting an ERis it isn't even funny...

Upvote 0
So, I'm officially SCREWED!!!! The 30 days is up on my ERIS... I was going to return it today and use my Dad's Palm.... I'm visiting the parents and I don't have my car up here.... VZW is CLOSING SOON & no one is HOME!!! No one thinks it's important enough to get home before VZW closes.... FML.........
No INCREDIBLE for me.... My birthday is on Monday........ =(

(I couldn't return the phone before I flew home b/c I had nothing to replace it with)...

Do I have any options???

Can I add a line when it comes out and then switch the Incredible to my current #, then drop the second line and eat the break of contract cost?

Can I possibly start dating a guy that works for Verizon.... People say I'm pretty & I have a great rack........

Or, should I just pout for another year and keep stalking this forum............

P.S. I do have a friend in ATL that works at a non-corporate VZW Store... He had no clue about this phone.... When I mentioned the specs he said ohh the Supersonic??? For some reason he's heard of it and thought it was to be named the Supersonic.... I think he may be on the forum now.....

Upvote 0
I almost got the droid today just to return it with in the 30 days to get the incredible.

I am going from a BB storm1 so it would be a big upgrade considering how much of a POS that phone is. But I help off because I do worry if it doesn't get released with in 30 days.

I know I can still return the phone and use my old phone. I worry that I may become attached to the droid considering my old phone and then I would be stuck =(

Just check craigslist for cheap used eris' it'll save you your upgrade and when the INC you could just sell it off, think of it like renting the phone for a bit.

Upvote 0
Oh I agree Apple's beef is with Google, not with HTC. But they attacked HTC, not Google directly. They could have sued Google for their OS infringing on their patents (which seem to present in all flavors of Android) but they did not. Which I find interesting, clearly they are afraid of that scenario. Either way its a lose lose situation, and the best thing that could happen is we get the patent rules/guidelines overhauled. Some of those patents are just silly.

Here's the link to Engadgets breakdown of the patents in question...

Apple vs HTC: a patent breakdown -- Engadget

Basically its an attack on Android and Google directed through HTC. I'm just waiting for Google to step in, though they are not legally obliged to do so.

This is an interesting storyline. My take (guess) on why go after HTC is simple. Influence/scare/threaten ALL the hardware manufacturers to not use Android. Keep in mind, technically Google isn't doing any importing, it's HTC and the other mfr's.

I also wonder if some of it is about taking the fight to someone that doesn't have that many patents to fight back with. I would bet that Google has a treasure-trove from which to draw upon.

Another somewhat far-fetched theory is that Microsoft is who stands the most to gain by the mfr's hesitating on Android. Apple is going to get their's, but Microsoft needs a lot of help to see them survive at a competitive level in the mobile os realm. In addition, they are pissed about Google asking the gov't to not approve the original MS-Yahoo deal. Reportedly, they have spent millions since then on lobbyists in DC to rally against anything Google wants to do - see Admob acquisition. They have been cozying up to Apple recently which is really ironic.

It's turned into one big soap opera with these 3 co's...:(

Upvote 0
Long story short... I was at a Verizon store in KS... I got tired of waiting for the incredible and figured I'd just get the Eris and hope within the next thirty days the Incredible comes out.. During the exchange of my numbers I saw the incredible listed and (we'll, about had a heart attack) and when the rep walked away while my numbers were transferring; I snuck the pic. :)

Surprised they let you back to where the machine is. At least all the stores I've been to in phx / flag/ tucson area have had 'em hidden away in back and won't let customers back there.

Upvote 0
Yes I am a new poster and stumbled onto this tread searching for info on the about the incredible on the internet. I would rather read REAL comments from posters as to information they received regarding the incredible through contacts at Verizon and other outlets then most of the nonsense talking that goes on here.

Well if you are trying to avoid nonsense this is not the place.
There is about 10 total pages of credible info here and I have been here for it all.
True credible info is like seeing bigfoot, you better have a camera when you see it and even then half the people wont believe you.

Upvote 0
Yes I am a new poster and stumbled onto this tread searching for info on the about the incredible on the internet. I would rather read REAL comments from posters as to information they received regarding the incredible through contacts at Verizon and other outlets then most of the nonsense talking that goes on here.

Welcome to our thread! Thank you for posting !!! :) :) And what a marvelous post it was, too! :)

I am copying a part of the first post of this entire thread. In it, there is a message from the Moderator of the Android Forum. Please read it to get an idea of what this thread is for! :)

As you will be gather from the MOD's directive, there is another thread that has all the pertinent info you will need, if you are in a hurry, although I truly hope you stick around and get to know us as we would love to get to know you. Thanks!

Steven.

Note from forum Admin, please read first!
Phases: Go into this thread knowing how large it is. Know that it is not all completely on topic. The OP, Anonimac, will make a best effort attempt at keeping THIS top post as up to date as possible on current news on the device. You are welcome to post here or create a new thread with information you have. The new thread will be kept on topic. This thread is sort of a lounge-news type thing and off-topic talk is acceptable so long as THIS POST contains all the important information on the thread.

(Personal request: lets keep the flaming low, collaboration high, attitudes checked at the door, and minds open!)

Continually updated spec's can be found at:
.::HTC Incredible Specs (evergreen)::.

Upvote 0

DON'T DO IT UNTIL WE HAVE A SOLID RELEASE DATE!!!!! I'm kicking myself right now.... My 30 days was up today and I ended up in a situation where I couldn't get to Verizon to return my ERIS and either use my insurance for my BB Storm or my Dads old Palm.................

Upvote 0
So, I'm officially SCREWED!!!! The 30 days is up on my ERIS... I was going to return it today and use my Dad's Palm.... I'm visiting the parents and I don't have my car up here.... VZW is CLOSING SOON & no one is HOME!!! No one thinks it's important enough to get home before VZW closes.... FML.........

(I couldn't return the phone before I flew home b/c I had nothing to replace it with)...

Do I have any options???

Can I add a line when it comes out and then switch the Incredible to my current #, then drop the second line and eat the break of contract cost?

Can I possibly start dating a guy that works for Verizon.... People say I'm pretty & I have a great rack........

Or, should I just pout for another year and keep stalking this forum............

P.S. I do have a friend in ATL that works at a non-corporate VZW Store... He had no clue about this phone.... When I mentioned the specs he said ohh the Supersonic??? For some reason he's heard of it and thought it was to be named the Supersonic.... I think he may be on the forum now.....

Just call VZW and use the old "girl is crying" bit to either get info on the INC or have them extend your 30 days til tomorrow, I'm sure one of the 2 will work ;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Surprised they let you back to where the machine is. At least all the stores I've been to in phx / flag/ tucson area have had 'em hidden away in back and won't let customers back there.

The store you could tell was one of the conversion stores from Alltel and the equipment was NOT in the back, rather it was just off to the side. (Thankfully) :D

P.S. I love this forum and the people who post in it.. You guys brighten my day! Thanks!!

Upvote 0
The store you could tell was one of the conversion store from Alltel and the equipment was NOT in the back, rather it was just off to the side. (Thankfully) :D

P.S. I love this forum and the people who post in it.. You guys brighten my day! Thanks!!

B29: You are most welcome here! Thank you for posting! Don't be a stranger! :) Feel free to post more often, even if it is a bunch of BS like mine! :)
Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Do I have any options???

Return the Eris and get ur money back and go to the Palm tomorrow.

Or call customer service or the store and explain your intent to return.

Don't add a new line. Early termination fees for a smartphone "advanced device" can be as high as 350.

Upvote 0
He told me the delay in releasing the incredible is do to the Google N1 phone and Verizon has been bickering with Google about carrying the N1 in the store and going back and forth.

I would be more than happy to purchase the Incredible NOW and let VZW and Google continue to fight over where the Nexus will be sold/serviced at. :D As a business how can it make any sense to Verizon to not release the Incredible because they can't play nice with Google or Google will not share their toys with them. I don't get it RELEASE MY PHONE ALREADY!!!! If they would release the Inc... i doubt anyone would notice the fact that they are not carrying the N1 in-store. There has to be a different reason. Maybe it is just that VZW is cruel and likes to watch their customers squirm... I don't know but I am not good at waiting... I have not even been waiting that long and I am failing at it. :(

Upvote 0

Do I have any options???

Pics or it didn't happen :);):p;):p:D:):cool::rolleyes::D;):p

Upvote 0

Do I have any options???

OMG! I have found my foil! ;)

Reactions: TheGoatLantern
Upvote 0
Well if you are trying to avoid nonsense this is not the place.
There is about 10 total pages of credible info here and I have been here for it all.
True credible info is like seeing bigfoot, you better have a camera when you see it and even then half the people wont believe you.

So true! This thread is for testing your patience, your tolerance and your sense of humor! ;) (And we might even catch a scoop on the Incredulous - you never know!)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones