• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now now lets be fair here. I said if you don't know how to buy online you probably don't know how to use a smart phone. :p I believe this was in response to something about how incredible will sell more because people won't know how to buy the nexus one online. Or, don't know how to buy online - something to that affect.

It is completely understandable if you want to go in the store and look at it first. You do know how to buy online though so that excludes you from the list. :)

It would be weird if you can manage a smart phone but don't know how to buy online.:p

It is not about knowing HOW to buy online.... it is about WHAT one is willing to buy online. Personally I think most people want to see and play with they phone they are going to be stuck with for 1-2 years before they buy it. I buy a lot of things online... and I am not exactly a kid at 49. My parents buy NOTHING online. But there are things I will NOT buy online... a phone is one of them... and I know how to use a smart phone. :p

Upvote 0
I guess I'm the oddity here, as I like purchasing online mostly because all my money trees I planted in the back yard never bloomed. I also like opening the package myself and not have some lady that just put lotion on her hands unbox my phone and grease it all up and non chalantly pick it up and roughly place it back down on it's face.

But I'm am obbsessive...unlike everyone else here. ;)

Upvote 0
As you all know I worked at Alltel as a Senior Wireless Consultant for 3 years and @ VZW as a RSR for 1. I left last month.

None of my sources have been able to confirm the existence of the merchandising calendar that you all have been discussing.

We are certain, should it be authentic, that it is a one-off type thing made by a retail store manager for his/her store only.

But more troubling, is that we have no clue where a RSM could have pulled this info. We have no idea what system would provide the info???

If, and a big IF, we knew about a device weeks in advance it was not a high profile device and the Internet always knew more than we did re: details and specs for the handset.

We do not remember ever knowing a release date and an OS w/out knowing a name, manufacturer, etc.

This just seems tooooo strange to be true. Enough so that we are very dubious in regards to any info within the calendar.

Upvote 0
I don't have problems buying a phone online. I've done it before with phones and have been satisfied. I do a lot of research before so I'm fairly confident of what I'm getting myself into. However, I think I'm in a small minority on that when it comes to making major purchases online. I think most people are still reluctant to trust what they buy online, which I understand even though I'm not that way myself.

Upvote 0
As you all know I worked at Alltel as a Senior Wireless Consultant for 3 years and @ VZW as a RSR for 1. I left last month.

None of my sources have been able to confirm the existence of the merchandising calendar that you all have been discussing.

We are certain, should it be authentic, that it is a one-off type thing made by a retail store manager for his/her store only.

But more troubling, is that we have no clue where a RSM could have pulled this info. We have no idea what system would provide the info???

If, and a big IF, we knew about a device weeks in advance it was not a high profile device and the Internet always knew more than we did re: details and specs for the handset.

We do not remember ever knowing a release date and an OS w/out knowing a name, manufacturer, etc.

This just seems tooooo strange to be true. Enough so that we are very dubious in regards to any info within the calendar.

Thanks for your input! :)

Upvote 0
Personally, I think if there was another one coming out in April, it would have been in the calendar and the OP would have mentioned it/posted a pic. But the only notable things were the Reality and the Android launch. I think it means in addition to the ones they already have

That calendar was photoshopped. Red characters for the 28th did not line up with the other dates even though it was the same phrase.

Upvote 0

That calendar was photoshopped. Look at how the red letter phrase doesn't line up with the same text in all the other date boxes.

Upvote 0
Reactions: KDII
Upvote 0
I should be enjoying a nice dinner with the family on easter. Instead, I am at work lurking on here.

What things have come to these days because of the incredible.

someone should post pics of a nice easter feast. I really could go for some home made mashed potatoes yum!

Now OT:

That calendar is fake. Everything else on the calendar no matter the length lines up. Think of it like your windows icons in vista or win7. Doesn't make sens that one day out of the month wouldn't line up.

now someone started another thread stating there will be in store training this week on the incredible. This also seems false as it has been shown that any training at all will most likely be by computer. Then maybe a day or two before launch the csr's might get to play with it.

Lets just hope this month flys by and we get closer to this magical release date we are all waiting for.

Upvote 0
Does that mean anything??? Does it mean that I will have an Incredible birthday tomorrow?

erispenny.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones