• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean anything??? Does it mean that I will have an Incredible birthday tomorrow?

erispenny.jpg

Well to me this along with the $20 Droid says that Verizon over-estimated the power of their superior network to sell mediocre phones. I think they really believed they would pull people from their fruity devices with the not bad but not great Droid because of their network. Hopefully they learned a lesson that even with the better network you have to still give the customer what they want and not just what is good for them.

Upvote 0
I've been following this thread for a few weeks now, back when the rumored release date was March 23. After that came and went, I got panicky and exchanged my Pre Plus for an Eris because I was nearing my 30 days. My intent was either to eBay the Eris and suck it up and pay retail for the Incredible, or return the Eris and pay for a cheap phone from Craigslist to use for 3 days so I could then re-upgrade. However, the last few days I'm wavering on whether to get the Incredible or just keep the Eris. I'm actually liking the Eris a lot better than I thought I would. At first I was thinking I really liked the size of the Eris (perfect for a female) and wouldn't want a larger hardware footprint - then I spec'ed the Incred and realized it's only imperceptibly bigger! So it's got that going for it - but the downside is, I really like having physical send/end buttons! I hated that about the Droid - not being able to quickly hit end if I accidentally called someone that I didn't want to. So I've just got to make a decision as to whether I want the additional .6" screen (and more power!) of the Incredible, or the convenience of send/end buttons on the Eris. It sounded a little less crazy in my head...:D

Upvote 0
I purchase almost everything on line about $7,500 auto parts, 3 cameras, about 10 high end watches ($1,500 ea) and a lot of clothes. A lot of the auto parts were used. I would buy a phone on line.

This is probably the ONE instance where I would buy a phone online. And that is because I think I know so much about it. One of the verizon reps compared it in size/somewhat looks to the Imagio. I like the looks of it... I like the looks of the Touch pro 2. I think I have had the incredible experience of viewing a picture of it.....I have played with the Eris and owned a droid. I don't think there is much risk. But..... if I could jump in my car, drive to the Verizon store and get the phone like NOW... everybody better get off the street cause I am comin' through...I would not order it online... but it it became available online first I would fumble with my computer and see if my feeble mind could figure out how to order it. :p

Personally I think buying auto parts, cameras and watches is a whole different thing than a phone that you will be attached to and using 24 hours a day.

Upvote 0
I've been following this thread for a few weeks now, back when the rumored release date was March 23. After that came and went, I got panicky and exchanged my Pre Plus for an Eris because I was nearing my 30 days. My intent was either to eBay the Eris and suck it up and pay retail for the Incredible, or return the Eris and pay for a cheap phone from Craigslist to use for 3 days so I could then re-upgrade. However, the last few days I'm wavering on whether to get the Incredible or just keep the Eris. I'm actually liking the Eris a lot better than I thought I would. At first I was thinking I really liked the size of the Eris (perfect for a female) and wouldn't want a larger hardware footprint - then I spec'ed the Incred and realized it's only imperceptibly bigger! So it's got that going for it - but the downside is, I really like having physical send/end buttons! I hated that about the Droid - not being able to quickly hit end if I accidentally called someone that I didn't want to. So I've just got to make a decision as to whether I want the additional .6" screen (and more power!) of the Incredible, or the convenience of send/end buttons on the Eris. It sounded a little less crazy in my head...:D

I would recommend waiting for the incredible or the nexus one. The Eris is already outdated in terms of having 1.5 (or is it 1.6, I can't even keep track anymore) opposed to the nexus, incredible, and droid having 2.1.

Further, once the Eris is updated to 2.1 it will be running an advanced OS software w/ a processor that doesn't measure up to any of the current competition or anything coming out in the near future.

Keep in mind you'll likely have the phone for at least a year...why not start off your 365 days in the front of the pack even though bigger better faster is always right around the corner, as far as the eris, that corner has already been turned.

Reactions: nunyabizness
Upvote 0
I think I've now tried just about every possible url format for images and swf's on testman / smartphone resource center... even used firebug and wrote scripts to scan through ranges of numbers when necessary. Found nothing so far.

What confused me, however, is the question of what would show up in My Verizon if you were testing the Incredible. Assuming they don't have some generic "unknown" image (which is actually probably the case), you would expect to find an image at something like https://scache.vzw.com/images_b2c/phones/thumb/htc_incredible.png

I tried all different variants of "htc incredible" and "ADR6300VW" and found nothing.

The search continues...

The numbering system for online is different than internally. It's easier to find things internally, believe it or not.

And we don't use .png files ;)

FYI- I was looking how long it had taken for the Motorola Droid to be announced after it was discovered on Celle Bright, what I found out was that it was Discovered on Oct 13 on celle bright then it was announced by Verizon on Oct 29th.

So with that mindset I would assume that before the end of April Verizon could follow suite with an Incredible announcement.

Verizon employees see the Motorola Sholes and Calgary emerge in internal tools? Boy Genius Report

That doesn't mean anything. We get updates for the Cellebrites all the time. Hell, the LG Cosmos didn't get into our system til after it was launched. So the Cellebrites getting updates to transfer stuff to other phones doesn't directly relate to phone launches. Wishful thinking, however.

A few other things, NO it's not fake or made up. It's coming. I will check the specs closer in the next few days and let you know if anything new is out there for info. No pricing or launch date that I know of or that is in the systems.

Upvote 0
Since I am bored I will chime in on the "Internet Purchase" debate.

I generally do not hesitate to buy online.

If it was more convenient or faster for me to buy the Incredible online, I would.

I don't have to hold it in my hands and play with it to know I want it frackin' bad.

What's more, there would have to be something majorly wrong with the Incredible for me to not keep it past 30days.

Things like poor battery life certainly will not deter me. That problem is a given, esp. with as much use as I will give it. Nothing an extra wall charger and a CLA won't solve.

I just want the Incredible. Want it. Need it. I fight my Storm every hour, the Incredible, even if it has a few flaws, is going to be an "incredible" improvement.

Reactions: Ric WRX
Upvote 0
I really like having physical send/end buttons! I hated that about the Droid -

This is definately something I agree with you about. I hope that will not bother me about the Incredible. That was one of the things i did not like about the droid. I am hoping sense will take away some of the frustration as far as answering the phone.

Upvote 0
fyi, underclocked has been disproved. It will be a full 1 ghz. :)

Doubt was cast, but nothing has been proven or disproven yet. The fact that one test phone was not underclocked doesn't mean that the release model will not be underclocked. For all we know, there are two test models: one underclocked and one stock. This would explain the conflicting reports.

Reactions: Boom Roasted
Upvote 0

If it was more convenient or faster for me to buy the Incredible online, I would.

I don't have to hold it in my hands and play with it to know I want it frackin' bad.

What's more, there would have to be something majorly wrong with the Incredible for me to not keep it past 30days.

Things like poor battery life certainly will not deter me. That problem is a given, esp. with as much use as I will give it. Nothing an extra wall charger and a CLA won't solve.

I just want the Incredible. Want it. Need it. I fight my Storm every hour, the Incredible, even if it has a few flaws, is going to be an "incredible" improvement.

I buy online. There's always the worry-free guarantee, so I have no qualms.

Speaking of "fracking?" You are a BSG/Caprica fan, too? I've been watching Caprica but am unsure if I can hold out with it. The jury is out on Caprica for me.

Upvote 0

What OS version are you running on the storm?

Upvote 0
I like the HTC Desire with the physical keys as well

The "Calender" issue could easily be solved ... the guy stands the calender next to an in store Verizon display or something like that, takes a few pictures in different places and its over ... I actually think its real myself, looks like someone inside the place made it for that store and it was done quickly and perhaps added stuff at the last minute before printing it ... who knows.

Upvote 0
The numbering system for online is different than internally. It's easier to find things internally, believe it or not.

And we don't use .png files ;)

That doesn't mean anything. We get updates for the Cellebrites all the time. Hell, the LG Cosmos didn't get into our system til after it was launched. So the Cellebrites getting updates to transfer stuff to other phones doesn't directly relate to phone launches. Wishful thinking, however.

A few other things, NO it's not fake or made up. It's coming. I will check the specs closer in the next few days and let you know if anything new is out there for info. No pricing or launch date that I know of or that is in the
systems.

It meant something for the Droid, that's the only parallel I was making.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones