1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General [Official] "I Got My G1" Thread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rob, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Jasmine254

Jasmine254 Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2009
    finallyyyyyy i got my g1 2day
    its the bronze 1
    i ordered it from walmart.com and got a real nice bluetooth/ stereo headset free

it was $97.99

im so excited ive been waiting forever for it but at least i got it the nxt day :) (i liv n tx and they ship out from a place like 3hrs away)

but yea ITS GREAT

Advertisement

2. Demio

Demio Lurker
    None

Jun 7, 2009
    I've had mine for about a month, but just wanted to say....

I LOVE IT

3. MRehm

MRehm Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2009
    got mine a couple weeks ago. but I'm new to the site. I was a sidekick user but am rather happy as an android user. I've been waiting a loong time to get a g1. I'm gonna miss my ability to flash through all my features with the shortcuts though.

and is there or will there be spellcheck for sms?

4. MRehm

MRehm Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2009
    I can hardly get anywhere on my phone without it freezing up or force-closing something. I honestly can't handle it. I've only had it for 2 months and have used it quite normally I'd say. no ridiculous downloads or anything. but now I'm wishing for a simple little phone so I don't have to deal with any of this. any suggestions?

5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member
    None

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    First try this ... With POWER ON .... pull the Battery and SIM .. wait three minutes then re-install and reboot...

Second Try this ... Do a Factory reset .... then slowly load back on your favorite apps one at a time ... and see if that does help ...

If you have long msg threads ... DELETE Them or back them up and then delete the threads from your phone...

A good app for backups of apps, data, and phone settings is MyBackup Pro ....

6. NiNi

NiNi G1/Cliq Guide
    None

Sep 4, 2009
    Florida
    I got mine back in October, went and bought it at a T-Mobile store, my boyfriend was bragging hard about his so I had to get one.

7. pintsize

pintsize Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2009
    I've had it just over one week and I'm still not sure if I like it. I am uncertain about rooting it but that seems to be the solution to several problems.

Other than rooting the phone, I am looking for a better email client and better browser. I looked at K-9 for email but apparently the latest update is buggy. Looking at Opera Mobile (or mini, whatever) for replacement browser.

Can anyone recommend a good ftp program? And a good resource for total noobs like me?

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide.

8. sobolan

sobolan Lurker
    None

Oct 4, 2009
    I got mine about a mounth ago, afther 1 day I made a bu-bu!!! I've send an sms to a wrong number, and now that sms keeps traing to resend it self for about 60 times a day. The problem is that may provaider keeps sending me back an sms that's telling me that the sms nr. Is wrong, that I should chance it. I can't find the sms anywere, there is no outbox, no sent folder, nothing. Please help

9. mlee49

mlee49 Lurker
    None

Oct 23, 2009
    Got my G1 just a few weeks ago, I love it! I like it much better than an iPhone. Trying to learn the finer points like copy/paste and whats the importance/gain from rooting my phone.

See ya around guys

10. silver2kgti

silver2kgti Newbie
    None

Dec 5, 2009
    oh hai guise.

had one went to a jailbroken iphone... now i got a rooted one! dont really know what the deal is with the rooted phone. dont know what it does or anything like that. but
    the iphone is great dont get me wrong. the G1 is just better!

11. discoduck

discoduck Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    Just got mine a few days ago and installed CyanogenMod 4.2.8. Loving the features!!! I moved from a Bold 9000 and it can't compare.

12. WhoRokG1

WhoRokG1 Lurker
    None

Oct 16, 2009
    Officer
    Miami, Fl
    Ive had mine for about a month that i inherited from my wife. I just received my 8gig class 6 sd card. Im running the latest Cyanogen Rom and got apps2sd running. I am very happy so far. I now have twice the amount of apps than i had before. Sickness.

13. Burgleflickle

Burgleflickle Lurker
    None

Jan 23, 2010
    The frozen north
    Got mine for $65 on ebay!!!!! No scuffs, cracks, etc. Luck was on my side, and I absolutely love this phone! My family paid $175 a pop for 3 Samsung Moments, and mine does more(Tethering :cool:) for a lot less.

Tags: