• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Official] I Got My S4

Just got my S4 yesterday. Can't stop fiddling with it. I have not yet made a phone call with it, but just the internet use seems to wear the battery quickly. I have followed all the tips about battery conservation, but this one went from 100% to 30% in 6 hours...is that pretty normal? I know it's a fantastic phone with great features and I hate turning so many of them off to have longer battery life :eek:

I wouldn't be overly concerned with the battery. With a new phone, you're playing with it more so you'll use more battery. Today's phones use more juice anyway because of all they do and the size and quality of the screens. The battery also tends to improve over time but you have to remember these are smart phones and they will all use a lot of battery for various reasons. I've read some people saying how they turn this and that off and their battery lasts forever. I say why bother having a smart phone then? I have my screen brightness turned all the way up (big battery drain) and I use all my apps and features the way I want to. If that means I have to plug the thing in during the day on ocasion so be it but I did NOT buy this phone to be a fancy paperweight. I put all my settings right where I need them and compromise on less important ones but I have it the way I need it to be and let the chips fall where they may. I almost always can get thru my business day and that's all I can ask for. If I have to do something after work, then I throw it on the charger for a little extra kick. No problem.

Upvote 0
So I was sick of waiting around for a cheaper price and I went into the Sprint store today and got my Galaxy S4. It's pretty tight so far. Still getting used to it of course. The Sprint rep talked me into spending $30 for a case. I really didn't want to but if it decreases the chance of breaking it, I guess it's money well spent.

I upgraded from the Epic 4G and while I thought I'd miss my physical keyboard, the onscreen keyboard is actually really easy to type on. I just hope I hope I don't break the thing.
which case did u get or di they talk u in to getting

Upvote 0
I got mine 2 weeks and 1/2 ago, Sorry parent of a toddler and new 1 month baby.. so priorities first :)

This was actually going to be an upgrade for my wife (she had a SGS g4), but instead she said I could I keep the phone and just buy her something else…so I DID!! :D

I also ended up giving her my SGS2 T989

This phone is a super-phone.

Oh and its the White one, 16gb (9GB in reality) and I got a 32gb MicroSD

Very content with my SGS2 now even happier with my SGS4.

TG

Upvote 0
New to the S4 but not smartphones, this being my 4 th. I bought the S4 because I wanted a sharper display as well as a bigger one. I jumped from 4.3 to 5.0 with the body just being slightly larger, I liked that. I like the camera and the increased speed. I am somewhat disappointed, the battery isn't too bad but a daily charge is needed, my old phone could easily go 2 and sometimes 3 days without a charge, this is not a deal breaker. My old phone both the external speaker and phone calls sounded quite well, the S4 is tinny and the volume level jumps around. The auto brightness is dim (an app has helped some), overall I'm please with the performance and the many features, some of which I'll never figure out how to use, lol.

Upvote 0
Reactions: androidlover9
Upvote 0
In which country and on what carrier do you want to use your Galaxy S4, as this will determine the model you need to get. See, 29 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?

I'm from Canada and I have a contract ending in September I have a locked galaxy S3 so I want to buy a new phone that's unlocked so I won't have to do another contract and it makes selling it easier in the future, the career I plan on going to is Koodo (currently using Bell mobile).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones