• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official "I just ordered my G-Nex-type thread***

My Wireless Zone where i live R.I. let me put a full deposit 299+ tax on it so when it comes in on the 15th,they said i might even have it on the 14th, my phone is reserved and since this store is only being allocated 5 phones,it had to be done. They put it in as a D-Fill and when i pick it up,that D-Fill will be scrapped and the proper phone will be invoiced. Now i don't have to wait till they open and hope they have enough stock,it will be waiting for me!

Upvote 0
Ordered online because I saw online discount for $50. I don't have NE2 available until April next year.

I thought overnight shipping was free, but apparently not. Bit the bullet and paid $13. I successfully convinced my CSR over the phone to credit me $60 on bills, so I'm basically saving $110!

Tax in Jersey came out to be somewhere around $18, based on $250 pricing.

Upvote 0
Just ordered mine from Verizon online, and used my last NE2 discount (I only had the $30 one). I tried ordering last night but the site crashed from everyone else trying to get one. I stuck with the free 2nd day shipping since I won't really have time to get it all set up until Saturday anyway, so no reason to pay extra for overnight.

One thing for any current VZW customers grandfathered into unlimited data: yesterday, when I tried to order online there was a pop-up telling me my current text & data plans weren't "compatible with this device", and when I tried to continue without changing from unlimited, it wouldn't let me, and then the site crashed. This morning when the site was back up, it also allowed me to continue without changing any of my plan options (text or data) but it did still try to get me to by having that same pop-up telling me I would need to change them. So if you see it, just leave your data plan on the unlimited and continue on.

Can't wait to get it all set up, I've been sticking with my OG Droid up til now and I'm glad I get to still use a Google experience phone.

Upvote 0
I just ordered mine from Verizon. Instead of going online, I called Verizon and they helped me out. Same price as it was online except they gave me free overnight shipping and they also shipped it to my workplace so I can pick it up here and play with it. Took advantage of my early upgrade so I am happy!

Upvote 0
Welp, ordered mine last night at 1:05 AM. New family account with Verizon, first time Verizon customer. Got an e-mail that said "your order is pending credit verification". My heart almost sank...not that I was worried about the credit not checking out, but because I wondered how long Verizon was going to take with this, if I would be seeing my phone on Friday or Monday/Tuesday. After not hearing anything for several hours, I came to the realization I was going to have to go ANOTHER weekend without the Nexus...

...That is until just now, I got the "Shipped" e-mail, and FedEx should be here tomorrow with it!

Reactions: DSCR
Upvote 0
Welp, ordered mine last night at 1:05 AM. New family account with Verizon, first time Verizon customer. Got an e-mail that said "your order is pending credit verification". My heart almost sank...not that I was worried about the credit not checking out, but because I wondered how long Verizon was going to take with this, if I would be seeing my phone on Friday or Monday/Tuesday. After not hearing anything for several hours, I came to the realization I was going to have to go ANOTHER weekend without the Nexus...

...That is until just now, I got the "Shipped" e-mail, and FedEx should be here tomorrow with it!

If you are talking about 1:05AM eastern time then I ordered about that time too. But I don't have a order shipped email, damn it verizon :mad:

Upvote 0
Ordered over the phone around noon today. Was able to move my upgrade date up. Was not able to use the promo code; was told it was for corporate accounts. Have not received my confirmation/shipped email yet. Checked my account online and the line I upgraded is waiting for a phone to be activated.

Update: Just got my confirmation/shipping email! Will be delivered on Monday.

Upvote 0
I have a question, I ordered the Nexus for my second line which has a basic phone presently. I added the 4GB even more data for a new 4G plan.

When I get the phone, I plan on activating it on my primary line which already has my unlimited data plan and then put the 3G phone on the second line.

Will Verizon let me keep the 4GB even more data without having a 4G phone on it?

Upvote 0
hey guys--does your est. delivery date say 12/19? i want mine before the weekend. i ordered mine at 1am (launch night) and i JUST got my tracking number.

Yes, also just got my notice with the same estimate. Apparently the 2 day shipping was 2 business days...:(

I think FedEx charges a little extra for Saturday delivery but considering how much we're already paying, Verizon could have throw it in. I'll stay hopeful until Saturday goes by though.

Reactions: kalbi
Upvote 0
Just ordered mine today too ...call vz ... lost my ne2 upgrade $50!:eek: wasnt do for early upgrade til 3/16/12 ... so it came out to a whopping $360 or so ...with tax and $12 overnight shipping... :( ouch ...but i had it delivered to work ...:) so ill have all day tomorrow with outh kids interrupting me .... lol:D

So now to sell my droidX to pay for some of it ,.sigh ,,,, i had it all MIUI'd up and everything ...

oh well will report tomorrow ..

p.s. Got my tracking # already :)

Upvote 0
Ordered mine at 2:30 PM today, it gave me $50 discount towards phone for renewing 2 year contract, and was able to keep my "unlimited" data plan, hurray!
Just received FedEX shipping number, just picked up from West Chester, PA, and will be arriving by Monday 4:30 PM >.> Stupid weekend getting in the way of 2-day shipping. Feels like HTC Droid Incredible all over again, feeling anxious.

Upvote 0
I have a question, I ordered the Nexus for my second line which has a basic phone presently. I added the 4GB even more data for a new 4G plan.

When I get the phone, I plan on activating it on my primary line which already has my unlimited data plan and then put the 3G phone on the second line.

Will Verizon let me keep the 4GB even more data without having a 4G phone on it?

Interesting. Please let us know.

Frankly, I doubt it if you call them and thus call attention to the issue. I would go online and change the meid's around myself and see if I could pull that off. I guess you can still do this with 4g phone sim stuff. I am new to this and am about to go through a 4g activation for the first time.

Actually, i would just call them and ask. You know, in theory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones