• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official "I JUST ORDERED THE NEXUS 5!!!" Thread

Ok thanks. Thinking of making jump from Verizon just a little concerned about coverage. But paying the Etf is calling to me.

I think I am going to take the leap tomorrow. Whats the worse that can happen? If T-Mobile's coverage isn't good I can always go back to Verizon, yes I'd be starting as a new customer but it's worth the risk.

Upvote 0
I regret to inform you guys. My nexus 5 has been stolen. It was the first I ever bought for myself(I'm 19). School is first priority, saving up for a car second and of course all my monthly bills; won't be able to afford another until next year, probably.

I hope none of you ever have to go through this.

Did you report it stolen to the police and your carrier?

Did you have any locator apps installed? If not log into the play store and install plan b remotely. It will attempt to locate the device. You can also try using androids remote locator from the play store

Upvote 0
I regret to inform you guys. My nexus 5 has been stolen. It was the first I ever bought for myself(I'm 19). School is first priority, saving up for a car second and of course all my monthly bills; won't be able to afford another until next year, probably.

I hope none of you ever have to go through this.

Bummer! :( :mad:

Did you report it stolen to the police and your carrier?

Did you have any locator apps installed? If not log into the play store and install plan b remotely. It will attempt to locate the device. You can also try using androids remote locator from the play store

Probably his best bet would be use Android Device Manager since unfortunately Plan B and similar apps won't auto-launch after remote install on versions of Android higher than 2.3 (GB).

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
it was stolen on the bus. LAPD says that's not their jurisdiction, that its the sheriffs because it was stolen while I was on the bus. I reported it to them, he said to be honest there really isn't anything he can do. if they bring him for other reasons and they find the phone,they'll give me a call. besides that there's nothing else they can do.

I have device manager installed, I tracked it for a day. saw some of his "hangout spots" also I have the address to where he spends the night, (he connected to wifi giving me a very specific location).

I found out where he spends the night after I filed the report . so idk if I call back and tell them if it will help. or if I should just go on my own

Upvote 0
Just left my (Verizon) Galaxy Nexus :( for my 16GB (T-Mobile) Black Nexus! :) I almost pulled the trigger on a 32GB White (Verizon) LG G2 but I wanted unlimited data so I switched to T-Mobile's plan. Wish I would've waited on a 32GB White Nexus 5 but it was kinda an impulse buy once I had this thing in my hand.

4 hours in to owning this and I'm blown away :) now on to the fun stuff!

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones