• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official "I JUST ORDERED THE NEXUS 5!!!" Thread

I'm still waiting for my shipping information. I ordered around 3:45 PM EST - waay too late. I was out of the office for the first half of the afternoon. I'm kind of thinking that I'll get it around the middle of next week.

BTW, as far as free space goes, there have been some problems with the Nexus 7 slowing down if you leave too little space free on it. I don't know whether or not this problem has been fixed but we have the 32GB so I don't expect any problems.

Upvote 0
I'm still waiting for my shipping information. I ordered around 3:45 PM EST - waay too late. I was out of the office for the first half of the afternoon. I'm kind of thinking that I'll get it around the middle of next week.

BTW, as far as free space goes, there have been some problems with the Nexus 7 slowing down if you leave too little space free on it. I don't know whether or not this problem has been fixed but we have the 32GB so I don't expect any problems.

That should have gotten corrected in 4.3 :thumbup:

Upvote 0

If I remember rightly it was a problem in the way Android 4.2 handled deleted data which in essence didn't leave the space as freely available. As Rxpert83 said 4.3 fixed it.

Upvote 0
If I remember rightly it was a problem in the way Android 4.2 handled deleted data which in essence didn't leave the space as freely available. As Rxpert83 said 4.3 fixed it.

That's good to know.

I really should have went with the 32 GB Nexus 7 (actually I don't know if they offered that the first year). I don't even have my music on the Nexus 7 as there isn't enough space on it. I absolutely love the tablet though - I use it a lot for workouts.

Just checking out the specs on the Nexus 5 vs Nexus 4. The 1920x1200 is a lot nicer on the 5 - I didn't realize that it was so low on the Nexus 4. I looked up directions on hooking it up to an HD display for use as a PC and it can be done!

Upvote 0
That's good to know.

I really should have went with the 32 GB Nexus 7 (actually I don't know if they offered that the first year). I don't even have my music on the Nexus 7 as there isn't enough space on it. I absolutely love the tablet though - I use it a lot for workouts.

Just checking out the specs on the Nexus 5 vs Nexus 4. The 1920x1200 is a lot nicer on the 5 - I didn't realize that it was so low on the Nexus 4. I looked up directions on hooking it up to an HD display for use as a PC and it can be done!

It wasn't available at launch, but when they released the Nexus 4 last year, they got rid of the 8GB variant, cut the price of the 16GB variant, and added a 32GB WiFi and 32GB mobile data variant.

Upvote 0
I received my shipping email at 12:50 AM EST, tracking number still doesn't exist in UPS's system though..

As for a case, I definitely want to get one but am going to wait until I have the phone in hand to see what kind I might want. I'm stuck using my Verizon Galaxy Nexus until Dec 15 when my contract runs out so I'll only be using the Nexus 5 on wifi until then.

I also want to pick up a wireless charger (I started a thread about this) at some point to put on my nightstand.

Upvote 0
Those of us who got a shipping confirmation this morning (11/1) Do they still ship on Saturdays so we can hopefully see it Monday or Tuesday you think?

Very anxious for some LTE connectivity! and Kit-Kat karate like dancing action when I get it! :D

EDIT: Email received at 11:41pm CT

If I recall correctly you ordered yours well after I ordered mine and mine hasn't shipped. Their shipping ordering/priority is mind boggling.

Upvote 0
Cool got my shipping confirmation too. Heck yea! :D

What was the total price for a 16 gig after shipping and tax?

For Missouri:

Nexus 5 (16GB, Black) $349.00
Shipping (3-5 business days): $9.99
Tax: $27.31
Total: $386.30

Not sure why they charge taxes. I thought they had to have a retail store in that state in order to charge the state tax. Oh well.

Upvote 0
Not sure why they charge taxes. I thought they had to have a retail store in that state in order to charge the state tax. Oh well.

They are only required to charge state tax if they have a physical presence in the state. Of course this varies from state to state. Many online retailers are collecting tax anyway just because it is the right thing to do as we all know individuals aren't paying it themselves.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones