• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official "I just ordered the Nexus 5X" Thread

I ordered a 32Gb, ice colored. I am not sure I will like the color, but I am tired of black or white phones. So I figured why not try something different? The only thing I don't like is that I couldn't get it in 64GB, I hope this is not one of the situations where 4 months from now they release a 64GB, that will suck.

I have owned a Nexus 1, 4, 6, and N7 tablet. The 5X fell in with my almost every other year Nexus purchase.

Upvote 0
I ordered the 5x 16gb mint. The only reason though is because I broke the screen on my N5 last month. Otherwise I probably would have skipped this iteration of nexus phones. Frankly, my excitement level this time when I ordered the phone was about as high as when I buy a pair of gloves from amazon. Its just ok and almost an afterthought.

Upvote 0
I ordered the 5x 16gb mint. The only reason though is because I broke the screen on my N5 last month. Otherwise I probably would have skipped this iteration of nexus phones. Frankly, my excitement level this time when I ordered the phone was about as high as when I buy a pair of gloves from amazon. Its just ok and almost an afterthought.
What a bummer. o_O

Upvote 0
I ordered a 32Gb, ice colored. I am not sure I will like the color, but I am tired of black or white phones. So I figured why not try something different? The only thing I don't like is that I couldn't get it in 64GB, I hope this is not one of the situations where 4 months from now they release a 64GB, that will suck.

I have owned a Nexus 1, 4, 6, and N7 tablet. The 5X fell in with my almost every other year Nexus purchase.
Bummer o_O

Upvote 0
I'm thinking about ordering more than one phone. If I order, say, 4 of them, will I get $200 credit, or just $50? If not, everyone who needs the phone might as well just order them separately.

Going to the Google Store it isn't entirely clear. The fine print states, "*Good for one $50 credit toward your Google Play™ balance with the purchase of a Nexus 6P or Nexus 5X purchased on the Google Store in the US from September 29, 2015 to October 25, 2015. A promo code will be emailed after the device ships. Google Play credit is not reloadable and has no cash value. Google Play credit must be added to a Google Wallet account by December 31, 2015. Once added, credit must be used on Google Play by October 25, 2016. Google Play credit cannot be used on the Google Store. Some subscriptions excluded. Must be 13+ years old and have existing or activate new Google Wallet account. Promotional offer available while Nexus 6P and Nexus 5X supplies last, no rain checks. See Promotional Balance Terms for more information. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc."

My personal guess is that if you order multiple phones you will get multiple Play Store credits, but you will only be able to redeem one credit per Google account. I would think they'd need to send multiple credits, since a family might order multiple phones on a single order but then want the credit for each phone on each family member's phone.

Upvote 0
I'm out. I cancelled my 5x last night. Didn't want the larger phones but choices are kind of slim so I went with the 5p. There just seems to be too many let down news with the 5x. I now have to wonder what else did google skimp on that we don't know yet and can't see to make the 5x. I have a bad feeling it might be like the 2012 N7 where it turns out the drive is awful and after 1.5 years it lags to hell. The price difference between the two is just too small to justify 5x solely for the smaller size.

Reactions: morgankslade
Upvote 0
As bad as I wanted a new Nexus I had to pass again. Still holding on to OG Nexus 5 running Catacylsm ROM. Waiting for 6.0 upgrade. I may replace the battery at year end. Maybe 3rd time will be a charm.
Yeah, I just can't justify the cost for either of 'em. I've started watching Swappa for Nexus 6's . I won't be purchasing until March or so, so I should be able to find 'em for less than $300 then.

Reactions: morgankslade
Upvote 0
I hear you...Protruding camera and no wireless charging isnt worth it for me.
I actually could deal with the camera and even the lack of wireless charging (the only device I have with wireless charging is the 2013 N7 but I don't use it, so really don't know what I'd be missing). For me is the cost. If want to get a 32 Gig version and that puts the price at around $420 or so. And then if want to get a glass screen protector and some kind of a case. Too much for me. I can justify a purchase around $300 or so.

Sent from my 2013 Moto G XT1034 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I ordered the 32gb Quartz, protect, and the ADOPTRD clear frost case. Moving up from the nexus 4, kept it fresh, but its time to update.

My status is still pending and I ordered it in the 29th, contacted Google numerous times after having some issues (google thinking its fraud, since i canceled and re-ordered the nexus 5x) and they said my order is good/processed. However, the status never changed and I did not receive a confirmation/payment email. THEY did take the money out tho. So not sure what's going on?

Upvote 0
I thought the battery on the Nexus phones weren't removable (but I could be wrong). Would you have to take out more than just the battery?

In this case, he is talking about cracking the case open and doing a permanent replacement. You can replace the battery in any phone, even those with "non-replaceable" batteries, the only issue is how much effort is involved and if you feel comfortable opening the case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones